Mangled/Straight Made Up Rap Words

DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
I believe Nas gives the mic "menestral" cycles in It Ain't Hard To Tell. And does he say "deep like Neviathan" too?Jeru was definitely not feeling the "tempstesses".And on the made up tip, Three Times Dope "The Ackniculous One".There's got to be a million examples though.

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Is "shife" an actual word?

I guess it is now.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    larry-nix

used to mean larynx.

• SWASS!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Girls act stupid-aly when Super Lover Cee and Casanova Rud are pumpin'.

• Options
    Not a made up word, but I always got a kick out of Lil' Kim pimpin on a ninja honda.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

Jeru was definitely not feeling the "tempstesses".

jeru also gives us the gem of "16th chapel" instead of "sistine chapel".

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    chill rob g says "the night before, my finger trigger was sore..."

• Jeru also created the sixteenth chapel.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Jeru was definitely not feeling the "tempstesses".

jeru also gives us the gem of "16th chapel" instead of "sistine chapel".

Yeah, for Mr. Conscious Rapper that was an epic fail.

I don't know about Jeru, but didn't Afu use the term "Taoist" thinking that Tao rhymes with "Ayo?"

I've heard the same thing when dudes refer to the rapper Camu Tao.

• And does he say "deep like Neviathan" too?

pretty sure its "leviathan", not a Hobbesian reference but to the movie i imagine...i get a good laugh from dead prez and their pronunciation of the I Ching..its pronounced (ee) not (eye)...a small blunder but if youre goin to use the hexagrams on your LP cover, take the time to correctly pronounce the book..

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    "that's just a bunch of mamajahambo"

• "no i'm not a phony and i got a tenderoni"
    although i guess that is credit due to bobby brown

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    LOOPID

• well i speak fluent french and can attest that "le flue le fla osh kosh ka" is most definitely made up

^^
    oh sorry, you prob all know thats the fab 5 = ogc and helter skelter

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I'm currently waiting on Timbaland's arrivary in this thread...

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
    "sexually she worship my didd-ick like a cross"

mangled yes
    hilarious yes

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    euros should probably come with some "the way you yanks say 'tech-NEEKs'" right about now...

for me, it's always when the superscientifical dude reveals himself to be a thesaurus guy, instead of the "these are just the words I use can you not understand my levelz" type he's trying to be...

how is it possible that dude was allowed to show his face after "16th Chapel?"

Blackalicious dude with the alphabet song he had: does great (forced lyrics theme aside) until he hits his Z-word, and says "zEE-lott." LOL I'll love that one forever... There's just something about how he's COMING SO CLEVER, spitting UNIVERSAL TRUTHS or whatever, and then his final word punchline gets some delay all dramatic and he's left standing there in his HipHop 101 B-Boy Stance and he just F'd it all up... That's huge.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Mamajahambo needs to make a comeback.

I get a kick out of Ice Cube pronouncing "cholesterol" as "co-les-tree-al" on "The Grand Finale."

this post made me put on that jeru to hear it...

and I didn't really realize dude was saying nonsense the whole time, in all his songs.

The beats are great, but dang if this guy isn't a dummy...

That whole Black Cowboys song is a mess, also.

b/w

Pompatice Of Love

• but i'm bitin ya back like a black pantha....salamampatha

• trife

Blackalicious dude with the alphabet song he had: does great (forced lyrics theme aside) until he hits his Z-word, and says "zEE-lott." LOL I'll love that one forever... There's just something about how he's COMING SO CLEVER, spitting UNIVERSAL TRUTHS or whatever, and then his final word punchline gets some delay all dramatic and he's left standing there in his HipHop 101 B-Boy Stance and he just F'd it all up... That's huge.

I'm pretty sure gift of flab said something like "H-Oh-Two, that's water" in the 'scientific' version of that turdbanger

full disclosure:
    I called him "Blackalicious dude" on purpose. Soft. I should be man enough to admit I know his name.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Slaff hash.

• Slaff hash.

this is one of my favorites. he was likely drunk in the booth and never bothered to retake it. obviously he knows that was a screw up. but it sounds so ill to me.

there's a mobb deep song where havoc says "should have signed a pre-NUMPtual"

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    state like trance

oh yeah also one of the other East Flatbush Project tracks the guy spells out Brooklyn like "b-r-double o-l-k-y-n"

nagl dude

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    One of my favorite rap quotes. That pops in my head a couple times a year. I pronounce it with a b though "mamba-ja-hambo". Actually, I always wanted to know what the next 2 lines were about. "Propaganda, save it for Savanda
    Joe and Amanda, Zach and Alexandra"

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    there's an mobb deep B>EPMD/B> song where S>havoc/S> B> Erick Sermon [/b] says "should have signed a pre-NUMPtual"