Should we be harnessing the 90's Now?

Comments

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    BRING BACK RAP ROCK!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I don't think the 80s revival is over yet.

The 80s thing is just really starting to pop on the mainstream tip. BATMON, you're ahead of the curve. Give the 90s revival another few years. Think about how long the 70s throwback era lasted.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I shudder to think of a Z Cavaricci resurgence.

I'm wearing that exact pair of shies right now. No joke.

I clearly remember this clothier babe showing me how to fold and tighten the bottoms to rock them right. YOWWW...

I clearly remember this clothier babe showing me how to fold and tighten the bottoms to rock them right. YOWWW...

Twas called "pegging your pants", and I recall many a day going to middle school with pegged jeans, and a white turtleneck/Champion sweatshirt combo. Toss in a college sports cap and it's a wrap. Usually Notre Dame, Michigan, UNLV etc. Whoever was killing the NCAA in football or basketball, and matched the color of your Champion sweatshirt.

• I don't think the 80s revival is over yet.

The 80s thing is just really starting to pop on the mainstream tip. BATMON, you're ahead of the curve. Give the 90s revival another few years. Think about how long the 70s throwback era lasted.

Yeah the 70's did break into the early 00's.

I know its not do cut and dry according to decades but i know u can always see traces of cats harkering back 29 years by the end of the decade.

• Twas called "pegging your pants", and I recall many a day going to middle school with pegged jeans, and a white turtleneck/Champion sweatshirt combo. Toss in a college sports cap and it's a wrap. Usually Notre Dame, Michigan, UNLV etc. Whoever was killing the NCAA in football or basketball, and matched the color of your Champion sweatshirt.

WHOA.
    Are you sure we weren't BFFs in middle school?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I've never left 1991.

• Post deleted by DustedDon

• Twas called "pegging your pants", and I recall many a day going to middle school with pegged jeans, and a white turtleneck/Champion sweatshirt combo. Toss in a college sports cap and it's a wrap. Usually Notre Dame, Michigan, UNLV etc. Whoever was killing the NCAA in football or basketball, and matched the color of your Champion sweatshirt.

YUP... I usually just rocked some gap sweater as well... UNC cap... I had double pleated kakis to. DAmn...

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Smells like teen spirit WZRDZ Remix, hot off the press:

Killing in the name of Mr OIZO remix:

Killing in The Name (Mr. Oizo Remix) - Rage Against The Machine

• i feel like we've never left the 90s...

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Were the 90s the golden-age of sampling?

The nineties were a crazy fertile time for music ... and the breaks joints that were created in the mid to late 90's were HEAVY, cuz sampling was still wide open... you couldn't make Endtroducing or Krush's Holonic today without forkin out mad doe.
    It's endgame music... you can't make music the way dudes were doin it then, so it's tricky to harness there sound now.

That said I think spinning those old breaks tracks is the way to go (this coming from an un-biased dude such as myself who has crates of the shit... g-stone anyone?)

Luv that shit to death

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Just went and pulled Holonic after not thinkin about it for a while...still strong after all these years

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Late 80's mashed w/ some 90's?

I got The Power/Snap = late 80's or early 90's?

Gumby hair cuts and gold chains = same era.

• peoples instinctive, 3 ft high, licensed to ill,public enemy,nwa = pre dating 90s.

8 different drum loops to make one main drum track.

while the 90s were fertile, i feel it was less collage looping type tracks....more so chops and fliters.
    in came primo and pete, and they changed the game.

• Is it just me, or are Lloyd and Wayne the new PM Dawn?

• who can name the original name of girbaud jeans ?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    peoples instinctive, 3 ft high, licensed to ill,public enemy,nwa = pre dating 90s.

8 different drum loops to make one main drum track.

while the 90s were fertile, i feel it was less collage looping type tracks....more so chops and fliters[/b].

Yes, definitely that and time-stretching and sub-bass

changed the game
    (junglist posse brokk-out)

1993[/b], chops, filters, reverbed snare pitch-change-up:

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    wow i had that t power track on an old mixtape. Brings back memories.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Into the 90s

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

Mini-Discs were from the '90s? I didn't get one of those until around 2003 and then about a year later Ipods got popular.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    merite and francois gerbaud.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

So are we here yet?

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    batmon said:

So are we here yet?

YES

b/w

I had no idea that get-up had been revived on the circuit...NAGL

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    ketan said:
    batmon said:

So are we here yet?

YES

b/w

I had no idea that get-up had been revived on the circuit...NAGL

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    batmon said:

you can totally tell agassi's hair is a wig in that picture...