Should Obama take the oath again?

GaryGary 3,982 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
I'm saying yes, but for 1 reason, and 1 reason only.If he doesn't we'll have to heary HarveyCanal go on and on and on about how he's "technically not the president" for the next 4 FUKCING YEARS.I don't think I could handle it. I mean the "lets see his birth cert" bullshit was enough.So, Dear President Obama:Please take the oath again. PLEASE.Sincerely,Gary

Comments

• I'm saying yes, but for 1 reason, and 1 reason only.

If he doesn't we'll have to heary HarveyCanal go on and on and on about how he's "technically not the president" for the next 4 FUKCING YEARS.

I don't think I could handle it. I mean the "lets see his birth cert" bullshit was enough.

So, Dear President Obama:
    Please take the oath again. PLEASE.

Sincerely,

Gary

Actually, it was Chief Justice Roberts who f*cked up. Can we get rid of him???

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I don't care who fucked up.

Just take the f*cking thing again so I don't have to hear harvey babble about it for the next 4 f*cking years.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

What happened? Freudian slip?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    The word "faithfully" was said in the wrong spot.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The Oath is a formality. It's not required to "make" Obama president.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Yeah Right. Listen. There is no rationalizing this. Do you think that Harvey will care that its a "formality"?

It must be stopped.

• his presidency was official at 12:00 P.M. EST; oath or no oath

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    You guys are preaching to the choir. You just wait until Harvey chimes in on this. Then you'll see.

• its in the constitution

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    its in the constitution

I thought Bush got rid of that, no?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I think he should take the REAL oath he was gonna take...you know, the one where he swears of the Koran that he's gonna kill whitey and get his Stalin on.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Or maybe harvey won't even care because in his mindgarden obama wasn't even born in the states, so thats enough to disqualify him.

god i hope so.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    For someone supposedly trying to cut Harvey off at the pass, you sure are doing a lot to bait him. Has he not been paying enough attention to you lately?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Oh shit, I think I just got my card pulled!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I think he should take the REAL oath he was gonna take...you know, the one where he swears of the Koran that he's gonna kill whitey and get his Stalin on.

The one that was gonna get cancelled when Bush declared Martial Law and crowned himself King?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

The one that was gonna get cancelled when Bush declared Martial Law and crowned himself King?

Right. King vs. Commie Nazi Dictator in a winner-takes-and-destroys-all battle royale!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    --Our new modderstalker just changed my avatar...it even looks like him.

Edit: I've since changed it to Sun Ra.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    <--Our new modderstalker just changed my avatar...it even looks like him.

Edit: I've since changed it to Sun Ra.

that looks nothing like Drew.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Some joker on Flacid Newz tried to suggest that Obama wasn't actually the President yet because the oath was jacked up. I think his name was G*ry.

• In giving the oath, Roberts misplaced the word "faithfully," at which point Obama paused quizzically. Roberts then corrected himself, but Obama repeated the words as Roberts initially said them.
    A do-over "would take him 30 seconds, he can do it in private, it's not a big deal, and he ought to do it just to be safe," said Boston University constitutional scholar and Supreme Court watcher Jack Beermann. "It's an open question whether he's president until he takes the proper oath."
    The courts would probably never hear a challenge, and some might argue that Obama automatically took office at noon because that's when President Bush left the office. But because the procedure is so explicitly prescribed in the Constitution, Beermann said if he were Obama's lawyer, he would recommend retaking it, just as two previous presidents, Calvin Coolidge and Chester Arthur, did under similar circumstances.[/b]

From: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/01/20/MNAF15E20I.DTL

Where's the harm in quietly retaking it? He should at least get off to a truly legitimate start. After all, he is now the most famous AmeriKenyan around.

J

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I think an official private re-do is in order.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    f*ckin geeks - let it go

• f*ckin geeks - let it go

I can think of no better way of proving his allegiance to the US Constitution than to follow what it says.

f*ckin geeks - let it go

I can think of no better way of proving his allegiance to the US Constitution than to follow what it says.
    Yeah, words matter.

• obama is leaving 2016 open

obama is leaving 2016 open
    "Technically, Joe Biden was president for my 'first term,' so I'm actually good for another four. Check and mate."

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts

Actually, it was Chief Justice Roberts who f*cked up. Can we get rid of him???

dude'll be messing up The Constitution for years to come, unfortunately...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• from cnn.com

BREAKING NEWS

President Obama has retaken the oath of office after a mix-up during the inaugural ceremony, the White House says.[/b]

Boom. Done.