Long Packaged CDs???

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Anyone still got the long boxes they used to pack CDs in the 90s (digipacks?)? I got the one for Bushwick Bill - Little Big Man somewhere at my moms house... they were pretty raer in Australia, because the shipping cost was large so many importers ditched them before importing... I think they looked mad cool!

peace.

Comments

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    I just checked in "my closet",i had some in there,here's what i found.

EPMD business as usual.
    Prong - beg to differ.
    Ministry - the land of rape and honey.
    Living Colour - Time's up
    Faith No More - The real thing.
    Jungle Brothers - Done by the forces of nature.
    Eric B & Rakim - let the rhythm hit em'
    BDP - Edutainment.
    Kreator - Coma of Souls.
    Pantera - Cowboys from hell.
    Father Mc's - Father's Day.
    Master Ace - Take a look around.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    anyone got some pictures, i thought that packaging was pretty cool... what's gunna happen when mediums get smaller and packaging gets smaller...

Oh shit!! there's more

Lord Finesse - Return of the funky man
    X-Clan - Xodus.
    House of pain - s/t.
    Juice - Soundtrack.
    Fu-Schnickens - F.U. Dont take it personal.
    Pantera - Vulgar display of power.
    Powerule - Volume 1
    BDP - Sex and Violence
    Comptons Most Wanted - Straight Checkn' em.
    The Geto Boys - s/t
    A Tribe Called Quest - Low end Theory.
    Overkill - Horrorscope.

I'd love to get the Finesse and Geto Boys shit!!

peace.

That Finesse shit is hella dope!

peace.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    That Finesse shit is hella dope!

peace.

that tribe one is mad fresh too, alot of them seem to be like "chops" of the vinyl covers...i remeber getting these back in the dizzayyyy, too bad i never saved them...

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    the new frontier of ebay, first cassingles, this will hit if it hasn't already!

• the new frontier of ebay, first cassingles, this will hit if it hasn't already!

do hip hop cassingles bring any cash? that was the first form of music I started stealing(besides bootleg NWA tapes from the flea market).

some cassingles I know I have around is shit like Illmatic,E40,DJ Quik,Parental Advisory,Nice and Smooth,Richie Rich,Chi Ali,etc...should I be Ebaying these suckers?

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I've got one from the Trespass soundtrack... but that's just because one of the generic dollar stores around here had a bunch of old CDs a few months ago and that was one of them.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I dunno why cassingles are selling, but a theory of mine was artistic values of the cover/different cover. Not sure though, was thinking this could fly with a bigger format like long boxes. I would think it would have to be artist shots or cool covers to make it cool (like IF there was a long box to Midnight Marauders for instance).
    Peace
    T.N.

• parenparen 537 Posts

good stuff. if memory serves, i think that there was an old-style cd longbox tacked onto the wall of the martin lawrence's living room on the ol' fox show, Martin. Perhaps UMCs - Fruits of Nature?

and, man... that floor is dirty... i recommend:

man... that floor is dirty... i recommend:

Thanks your advice has being taken into consideration