But his house is all white

Comments

• all in all, couldnt any other motherfuckers get some anthemic songs out before inauguration day? did it absolutely have to be young jeezy??!?

where's chuck and flav?????

lol. dude Jeezy is a way more authentic voice for pretty much ANY message than is Flav these days.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    All this stuff, whether implied or stated outright, about how Jay's lyric isn't complex enough, or deep enough, or profound enough, is Straight. Up. Bullshit.

This is exactly like the calypsos, or the griots, or the talking blues. It's talking about what's going on right now in a way in which its intended audience (and beyond) will be able to connect with and relate to. It is what rap music is all about. How the F*ck are people missing this?

As for getting hung up on the materialistic aspect, well, that's just some wood-for-the trees shit. This is Jay, remember - this is what he does. Moreover, for the most part, this is what rap does. Remember too that he's riffing on Jeezy's concept here. I can understand how people might think the tone is a little off in places, but again, this is Jay. Is he supposed to feel embarrassed about his lifestyle now? For the next four years? Or, lord willing, for the next eight years? He knows he's a man who's done alright while others have struggled, but he's also saying that this doesn't matter right now; that this is something much, much bigger. Bellyaching about references to cars and jewellery in a rap song is like complaining about ice-cream being cold. If you want poetry, go read a poem. There's a time and a place for everything, and one thing isn't any better than the other just because it comes from the Library of Congress instead of a mixtape you bought off Ty-Ty on the corner.

• Belvedere sponsored the event, pretty sure those humps were being paid to wave it around in back.

You guys suck

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    This has only made me think about how good a rhyme Dr Suess would've done in the circumstances.

Still, congrats America!

• I would also like for Mad Drama Teacher to explain to me--preferably in annoyingly condescending detail--why the burger I enjoyed last night was, in fact, not at all delicious.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    HAHAHAHA...

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Meaty it was
    teeth gnashing smashing
    lettuce and pickles crunching
    I
    AM
    MUNCHING
    LUNCHING
    ENJOYING
    MY
    MEAL
    is it art? my burger?
    my whopper?
    my life?
    blody babies dying
    penises
    tittys
    ART
    POETRY
    WHOPPERS
    TITTYS
    PENISES
    DRAMA

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    SOulstrut in 2009: Noise

• "the best after party ever!"

• I would also like for Mad Drama Teacher to explain to me--preferably in annoyingly condescending detail--why the burger I enjoyed last night was, in fact, not at all delicious.

I know what you're saying. "There's no accounting for taste."

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I tried to explain in poetry so that Mad Drama Teacher would understand.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Do your balls hang low? Do they swing to and fro?
    Can you tie 'em in a knot? Can you tie 'em in a bow?
    Can you throw 'em o'er your shoulder like a Continental soldier?
    Can you do the double shuffle when your balls hang low?

Do they make a lusty clamor when you hit them with a hammer?

Can you bounce 'em off the wall like an Indian rubber ball?

Do they have a hollow sound when you drag 'em on the ground?

Do they have a mellow tingle when you hit 'em with a shingle?

Do they have a salty taste when you wrap 'em 'round your waist?

Do they chime like a gong when you pull upon your dong?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    And, of course...

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Comedy. Now they're all about "bringing the country together"? What happened to "real America" vs. "the liberal elite"? Red states vs. blue states? National unity wasn't an issue then?

• emphysema = wheezy...haha.

O'Reilly called Jeezy "little" though; nagl.

• Dennis Miller what an idiot: "Harness the SUN!??!" lol. yeah dude. solar power. plaese to look it up.

"Highland Park" dude it's "HYDE Park." idiot.

• I mean, Bobo leaving in a huff aside... did everyone really miss the point of the original poast? It's not about Jay's lyrics - and certainly not Jeezy's - but the whole vibe of the place, the crowd's reaction, the excitement and joy of that clip... That's why I poasted it, that's what struck me about it, gave me goosebumps honestly. And instead dudes want to debate the lyricism of Jay's verse or the materialism in the original track.

I mean, talk about missing the forest for the trees.

I realize we're a long way from Public Enemy (and Reasonable Doubt) these days, but damn... Some of you sound like you masturbate a lot because you actually believe it kills kittens.

• it kills sea kittens

• I mean, Bobo leaving in a huff aside... did everyone really miss the point of the original poast? It's not about Jay's lyrics - and certainly not Jeezy's - but the whole vibe of the place, the crowd's reaction, the excitement and joy of that clip... That's why I poasted it, that's what struck me about it, gave me goosebumps honestly. And instead dudes want to debate the lyricism of Jay's verse or the materialism in the original track.

I realize we're a long way from Public Enemy (and Reasonable Doubt) these days, but damn... Some of you sound like you masturbate a lot because you actually believe it kills kittens.

HAHAHAHA... I played both sides of the fence (loving the OG, bitching about the materialistic lyrics) but, I hear what you're saying.

Especially after seeing the dinosaurs O'Reilly and Miller (seriously, he's got like Early Onset Old Asshole disease...) cover their eyes as people cheer for their boy to leave.

Bring it!

• barry's gonna give terrorists ice tea and wind chimes?

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    I mean, Bobo leaving in a huff aside... did everyone really miss the point of the original poast? It's not about Jay's lyrics - and certainly not Jeezy's - but the whole vibe of the place, the crowd's reaction, the excitement and joy of that clip... That's why I poasted it, that's what struck me about it, gave me goosebumps honestly. And instead dudes want to debate the lyricism of Jay's verse or the materialism in the original track.

not to sound like a dick, but i could poast a hundred videos of crowds going bezerker to musical performances. i totally understand the vibe that was captured and was touched by it as well. it's just sad to me that this was the epic song of week. it also bothered me that of all the throw away "hot song for the week" joints that jay or jeezy do, they both chose this one to talk about their money, maybach, diamonds, etc...it's not fitting. call me "mad doggie" or disconnected or whatever you all may like, but they are both capable of doing more and i am not accepting that turd of a song in my catalouge of things that i'll remember about this week.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    but the whole vibe of the place, the crowd's reaction, the excitement and joy of that clip...

Crowd should have booed them off the stage for that nonsense

• yall both have valid points
    time to look forward, not backwards

• but the whole vibe of the place, the crowd's reaction, the excitement and joy of that clip...

Crowd should have booed them off the stage for that nonsense

LOL. so true

istill liked it

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I mean, Bobo leaving in a huff aside... did everyone really miss the point of the original poast? It's not about Jay's lyrics - and certainly not Jeezy's - but the whole vibe of the place, the crowd's reaction, the excitement and joy of that clip... That's why I poasted it, that's what struck me about it, gave me goosebumps honestly. And instead dudes want to debate the lyricism of Jay's verse or the materialism in the original track.

not to sound like a dick, but i could poast a hundred videos of crowds going bezerker to musical performances. i totally understand the vibe that was captured and was touched by it as well. it's just sad to me that this was the epic song of week. it also bothered me that of all the throw away "hot song for the week" joints that jay or jeezy do, they both chose this one to talk about their money, maybach, diamonds, etc...it's not fitting. call me "mad doggie" or disconnected or whatever you all may like, but they are both capable of doing more and i am not accepting that turd of a song in my catalouge of things that i'll remember about this week.

I hear u but wouldnt a We Love Obama song been way too obvious.

And lets be real - do you really expect Jay-Z to start droppin heavy science in that situation.

I dont think the Talib Kwali approach would have worked at this time, ot at least w/ this song.

I wouldnt own that song in "studio" form either but thats not the case.

I dont even call it a full song - its just some "random" moment that hit during Obama's ascension to office.

Why project more onto it than what it is?

"I want a 'real' anthem - fusk this clip."

• cascas 1,484 Posts

And lets be real - do you really expect Jay-Z to start droppin heavy science in that situation.

I dont think the Talib Kwali approach would have worked at this time, ot at least w/ this song.

I dont even call it a full song - its just some "random" moment that hit during Obama's ascension to office.

i was never in need of any "obama anthem". IMO that video/song is just a reflection of the sad state of what passes for music/what the public will accept in '09. especially coming from a man that many consider to be one of the GOATs. that is all. i feel no need to read into it any further. the fact that jay felt it cool to bring up his baller status on a song about OBAMA BECOMING PRESIDENT speaks wonders about him.

no diss, but the fact that a handful of you dudes on here can't accept the fact that a few of us find this song extremely weak makes you all look insecure. that song is on "eeny, meeny, miny, moe" status and you guys are trying to defend it for whatever reason.

expect more from your favorite lyricists.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

i was never in need of any "obama anthem". IMO that video/song is just a reflection of the sad state of what passes for music/what the public will accept in '09. especially coming from a man that many consider to be one of the GOATs. that is all. i feel no need to read into it any further. the fact that jay felt it cool to bring up his baller status on a song about OBAMA BECOMING PRESIDENT speaks wonders about him.

no diss, but the fact that a handful of you dudes on here can't accept the fact that a few of us find this song extremely weak makes you all look insecure. that song is on "eeny, meeny, miny, moe" status and you guys are trying to defend it for whatever reason.

expect more from your favorite lyricists.

Cmon Cas - how does are disagreement equate insecurity on anyone's part.
    That's extra.

You expect more - I accept what it is.

• cascas 1,484 Posts

You expect more - I accept what it is.

^^that's my bottom line.^^

how is this song acceptable?

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    b/w

with all the music that gets clowned around here the "i accept it for what it is" defense is weak and you know it. you can accept anything for what it is...it doesn't mean that it's not teh suck.