Guess Who I'm DJ-ing for tomorrow?

2»

Comments

• So how'd it go?

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    So how'd it go?

Sayin'. I'm dying for details. "bated breath" would be gross understatement.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    checking celebrity gossip sites NOW

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Wait... she's DJing today then right? Or tonight?

If I don't see some hot Geoduck/Salma pics then I will be calling for an imediate BAN.

• HeddyHeddy 131 Posts
    find out her favorite popeye's side order.

...then ask her if she pees in the shower.

• Wait... she's DJing today then right? Or tonight?

If I don't see some hot Geoduck/Salma pics then I will be calling for an imediate BAN.

You're right it should be tonight. Someone on our message board is dj for Salma you guyz!!! I R SO EXCITEDZ!!!

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    tell her I want her to cradle my head in her lap while I gently weep.

And that its not creepy because I'm married.

• Hehe.
    Pervstrut.
    Here now, it isn't very interesting, she is having her hair and makeup done again. This is a daytime gig dudes not a party, photo shoot for a magazine so she is working, she is very professional, she got here at the call time like a pro, with her driver no bodyguard and her publicist, blah blah. There are about 20 people on set. She asked me to hear Prince and also some 80's pop while shooting. And then between shots I have been lowering the volume and playing stuff of all kinds, keeping it at about a 110 consistent flow. This is not very interesting for dudes but the clothes, shoes and jewelry are beautiful and she is gorgeous of course and super nice and at ease, she even had some wine which is unusual at these things. When she walked in she was kind of a hot mess- super frizzy hair and no makeup and once they smoothed her all out she has been walking around snacking on catering peckishly so as not too bloat out Balenciaga gowns. Oh and she very sweetly told me she loved everything and asked me if I could make her some mixes and you know I had my shit handy, Salma officially has Ladies on Stage and my card and that is about as much networking as I do (although I am working Jedi powers to subliminally make Salma hire me to be music supervisor on the next thing she produces). Keep cool. The fashion bookings haul some nice bread and butter.
    I have a wicked hangover from partying with Cosmo last night, shouldn't mix herb and whiskey too closely and then wake up at 7 and stand dj-ing in high heels for 6 hours.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    (although I am working Jedi powers to subliminally make Salma hire me to be music supervisor on the next thing she produces). Keep cool. The fashion bookings haul some nice bread and butter.

I hope like hell this pans out for you.

I have a wicked hangover from partying with Cosmo last night, shouldn't mix herb and whiskey too closely and then wake up at 7 and stand dj-ing in high heels for 6 hours.

Sheep said Cosmo was a lightweight.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I was pretty sure I buried Bevan under the table when we were drinking hard Glasgow... I say "pretty" because I don't remember much from that night.

B/W

I am so hung over today. Abby my head hurts so much ouch...

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    cosmo pms

• Guys we just wrapped our shoot and were leaving and 2 planes have crashed into the Hudson this is so awful, we are at Chelsea Piers only a mere 20 blocks away and survivors are trying to get out of the freezing river I am posting from phone is anuyone hearing the news?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    It was only 1 plane and supposedly everyone is okay. It was a miraculous thing - the pilot just landed the plane in the water and it is / was just floating there.

• Thank god. The westside hwy is covered with firetrucks, that makes me so happy to hear thanks Cos,soulstrut helping out in the clutch to not make a good day suddenly be horrible xo

• I see the headline:
    ALL OF THE WESTSIDE ENGULFED IN FLAMES, THE ONLY SURVIVORS... SALMA AND ABBY

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hahahah... so ill!

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Guys we just wrapped our shoot and were leaving and 2 planes have crashed into the Hudson this is so awful, we are at Chelsea Piers only a mere 20 blocks away and survivors are trying to get out of the freezing river I am posting from phone is anuyone hearing the news?

Are you at Pier 59 Studio? That's where I was all week, just left this morning. They told us we couldn't leave anything in Soundstage C last night, so we moved all the props to studio 1, and this morning C was full of hair and make-up people. I hope I didn't put any bad mojo on you by evileyeing on my way to the freight elevator?

The plane crash is crazy.

• Guys we just wrapped our shoot and were leaving and 2 planes have crashed into the Hudson this is so awful, we are at Chelsea Piers only a mere 20 blocks away and survivors are trying to get out of the freezing river I am posting from phone is anuyone hearing the news?

Are you at Pier 59 Studio? That's where I was all week, just left this morning. They told us we couldn't leave anything in Soundstage C last night, so we moved all the props to studio 1, and this morning C was full of hair and make-up people. I hope I didn't put any bad mojo on you by evileyeing on my way to the freight elevator?

The plane crash is crazy.

Yes there were a ton of things shooting today, thats where we were, in 6 and 7, crazy. What were you doing in C ? sounds like props/set stuff, I know a lot of people in that. No worries bout the evileye, I take that shit so serious and I had my lucky pendulum and a really protective crystal around my neck today, I am not joking either Cosmo can attest.

• the photos of that plane are surreal, i need to get me a powerful crystal to keep in my pocket one that keeps good vibes around at all times that would be pretty good

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yo that pendulum is no joke.

• and a vial of gypsy tears

• ab, they make you dj in 6 inch heels, or you just did that for efffect

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    awesome! do you have pics? were you being photographed too?

• mix herb and whiskey too closely

New tactic to sell you records.

Hi Abby!

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Yes there were a ton of things shooting today, thats where we were, in 6 and 7, crazy. What were you doing in C ? sounds like props/set stuff, I know a lot of people in that. No worries bout the evileye, I take that shit so serious and I had my lucky pendulum and a really protective crystal around my neck today, I am not joking either Cosmo can attest.

I was on an ad for People. Women having orgasms while eating chocolate. We didn't have a DJ, just some 40 year old producer desperately trying to stay current while playing MIA, Beastie Boys and Morcheeba (I think?) on his iPod. We wrapped yesterday, I was just picking up some things this morning.

Yo that pendulum is no joke.

I respect the powers of the pendulum. The talisman and its ability to stave off avaricious eyes. For years I wore an amulet that I refused to take off. This was the beginning of my Where does a body end? trip, which was an extension of my go away white trip. They were the living voice of all the innumerable riotous angelic particulars that had been lurking in our souls all our lives.

Speaking tangentially of things falling into the Hudson River: A group of friends and I rung in 2009 upstate with carols, "I Wanna Be Sedated", "Pressure Drop", etc. With the idea that we humbly acknowledge the supreme suckitude of '08 and march crow-fed into '09 with renewed determination. At first I thought it was a bit silly, being grown and all, I'm not generally moved by superstition.

The next morning ten or so of us went sledding on private property with a sign that said "ABSOLUTELY NO SLEDDING." There was a nice hill overlooking the Hudson. Most of us either ate shit or slowed to a snail's pace by the bottom of the hill, which was good because at the bottom of the hill was a thicket of brambles. Beyond the brambles was the frozen Hudson.

One of the last runs of the day was from Julia. As she made her way down the hill her sled veered off to the right and started going faster instead of slower. Julia completely missed the brambles and headed, instead, right towards a group of trees. All of us at the top of the hill started yelling for her to bail out. Julia panicked and kind of did nothing but go faster. By some stroke of luck she sped right between two trees that were exactly the width of her sled. She came to a stop, got up, and while in shock, was fine. It was crazy. Absolutely crazy. Humanly impossible. All of us at top of the hill were dumbfounded. Had it happened in 2008 I think Julia would be in the hospital recovering from a broken leg and a concussion.

We took this portrait of her to memorialize the 2009 juju:

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Abby, meet Eric. Eric, this is Abby. Good peoples, all...

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I was pretty sure I buried Bevan under the table when we were drinking hard Glasgow... I say "pretty" because I don't remember much from that night.

the drinks were pissweak in Glas-Vegas, next time Cosmo and A***... it's on...

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts

the drinks were pissweak in Glas-Vegas, next time Cosmo and A***... it's on...

Yo B.... Get them on the OP Rum...... thats the ultimate test.....

Wait at the point you wrote this did you actually see the plane go down/submerged in the river if you were that close at that nearby part of the Hudson????
    Fuuuuck