mash-ups/computer PROGRAM?

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
what computer program do they use to do these? peace, stein. .

Comments

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    huh?

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    mash ups are very very very popular in europe. they will take for example "bootylicious" accapella and put it to terrance trent darby "wishing well" music. but you need a certain program to tune it right. stein. . .

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    mash ups are very very very popular in europe. they will take for example "bootylicious" accapella and put it to terrance trent darby "wishing well" music. but you need a certain program to tune it right. stein. . .

Urrs,

If you need further definitions of "mash ups" or what acapellas are, you can PM me.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

PAUL WALL: CHOPPED!
    URRS: SCREWED?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Acid?

Thats what I use....

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    Acid?

Thats what I use....

yes, but which program.

• My buddy does a night at a club here, and gets great reception for the mash up of the instro of "Don't Stop Til You get Enough" w. the accapella to "Vivrant Thing"... although I think maybe Stein might be trying to pinpoint some magical program that will remove lyrics from tracks instantly?!?

somebody i know that has made a fortune off these things told me the name the program everyone uses and i forgot. peace, stein. .

• why do you need a computer program to do it for you?
    why can't you just match up two records and hit record?

naw, you gotta be able to change tune/pitch to make music in the same key. stein.

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
    Everybody who's posted here so far (from Einstein to the Male) is taking the piss, right?

i'm serious. i want to know what THAT program is. stein. . .

• silvertonesilvertone 765 Posts
    Hey Stien:

The one that most people use is just good old Ableton Live. The stretching and filtering in it are quite good, but it takes a while to wrap your head around if you are used to an MPC/SP style sequencing environment. Also, in your quest for a label you should send me off a couple copies. I know some cats that might be interesting that have good distro and reliable release schedules. Anyways...
    Good luck with the mashes.

6.dos

THANK YOU SIR! thats the one. stein. . .

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Technics 1200

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Sorry Stein I thought you were kidding. I use Cool Edit and it works really well. To change pitch is done by percentage, so it usually takes a few tries to get shit right on if they are off. But personally I try to stay with records that already sound good together without having to change the pitch.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts

• spcspc 534 Posts
    I recommend Ableton Live, the warpmarker (and with version 5 auto warpmarker) is unbeatable. If you are more into cutting things up more collage-style try Sony Vegas, very good for a fast workflow, the rest is just too cumbersomely to work with. AAAAAAAAAAAAnd if you want to use effects on audio clips and don't want to make a track for each (to use track effects which any program supports) try Mackie Tracktion. I make all my mixes and edits with that, very fast workflow also.

AAAAAAAAAAAAnd if you want to use effects on audio clips and don't want to make a track for each (to use track effects which any program supports) try Mackie Tracktion. I make all my mixes and edits with that, very fast workflow also.

The interface looks good. Nice and uncluttered.

I like the layout and the fact that it does the things that people would look for in it, but doesn't go OTT with stuff it can do.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    AAAAAAAAAAAAnd if you want to use effects on audio clips and don't want to make a track for each (to use track effects which any program supports) try Mackie Tracktion. I make all my mixes and edits with that, very fast workflow also.

The interface looks good. Nice and uncluttered.

I like the layout and the fact that it does the things that people would look for in it, but doesn't go OTT with stuff it can do.

The only thing I'm missing is clip automation, besides that it is a better sequencer alternative than logic,cubase,sonar and all the other "big" players. It could also use a nice step sequencer, but for that I use EnergyXT.

• bropsbrops 182 Posts
    The one that most people use is just good old Ableton Live.

Live should work fine. Live 5 is just out.

Whoa, Einstein man...

Check out what I found on sale over at www.htfr.com in the mashups section.......

Ugly Duckling Vs Sugababes - SAMBA FREAK

Ironic or what, given the post subject and thread originata.

• Acid?

Thats what I use....

yes, but which program.

HA
    that made me laugh!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Acid?

Thats what I use....

yes, but which program.

HA
    that made me laugh!

Sorry, that made me laugh too!!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    what computer program do they use to do these? peace, stein. .

Abelton Live is definitely the one you need for mash-usp and re-edits. IMHO Live is the most revolutionary piece of software to come out in the last 10 years. I wish they would improve the time stretching algorithms a bit and the sound engine cuz it doesn???t sound anywhere near as nice as Cubase SX but over all its amazing. Live 5 even allows you to sequence external MIDI devises so you don???t have to use those terrible sounding Moog VST plug-ins.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Acid?

Thats what I use....

yes, but which program.

HA
    that made me laugh!

Sorry, that made me laugh too!!!

I think it's called Acid because it's cheap and nasty but pretty effective. I'm using right now.