personal trainer, yay or nay?

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    So in other words, you're asking if you should pay someone to have their balls in your face while you bench press?

High school level gay baitin' iz weak.

You know, not everywhere you go is a graduate-course level glass house of political correctness. Yeah, paying for balls in your face is just the funny part. Remove what you call "gay baitin'" and you're still left with some seriously weak ish. You are a 30-something grown man and you need someone to teach you how to work out? You know the F*ck how to work out. You're like an over-the-top obese person who wants someone to coach them to stop eating McDonald's 5 times a day. Just f*ckin do it already. The implication is that it becomes up to someone else to get you to do what you supposedly want to do...and unless you have some sort of condition that actually requires help, you sir are looking like nothing but extreme

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Harvey telling O-Dub to stop being such a pussy and hit the weights.

I'm just gonna savor this for a minute.

• Harvey telling O-Dub to stop being such a pussy and hit the weights.

Yeah, I tried to write something about how Harvey was full of shit, and then my brain just shortcircuited, and I just started laughing.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    true Soulstrut fitness would involve 'extreme digging'

bench press a crate or 2

• If you are trying to loose some serious weight then a trainer will help. My friend atruggled with weight for many years and got a trainer and lost a ton of weight.

If you are just trying to keep in shape and can make it the gym on your own then you probably don't need a trainer.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

This may be the spark to get Harvey to pen a "How To be a Man" series for the strut!

:eh:

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

bench press a crate or 2

b/w

45 box bicep curls.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    start collecting 78s

them shits are heavy

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

bench press a crate or 2

b/w

45 box bicep curls.

You need to get on Yuichi's level and start curling cylinder blocks.

• true Soulstrut fitness would involve 'extreme digging'

bench press a crate or 2

b/w

45 box bicep curls.

You need to get on Yuichi's level and start curling cylinder blocks.

IF KOBE CAN DO IT...
    YU(ichi) CAN TO!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

This may be the spark to get Harvey to pen a "How To be a Man" series for the strut!

Chapter 1:[/b] Squint hard like Steven Seagal for photos

sorry Harvey, i couldn't resist.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    So in other words, you're asking if you should pay someone to have their balls in your face while you bench press?

You're talking to the guy that once said he didn't wanna DJ for homosexual's.. Cause you know.. That might make him... Gay...

Chapter 1:[/b] Squint hard like Steven Seagal for photos

sorry Harvey, i couldn't resist.

I wish my squinting hard for photos was intentional...because then I could stop doing it.

Hey, I know...maybe I can pay someone to help coach me to stop squinting hard for photos.

So yeah...24/7 stylist, yay or nay?

You're talking to the guy that once said he didn't wanna DJ for homosexual's.. Cause you know.. That might make him... Gay...

Oh, so that's what's had you chasing my tail angry all of this time...too bad all I really said was that I wouldn't want to dj for gay dudes having an explicit PDA-fest on my watch. And guess what...that's my perogative.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    what did cats do before gyms existed?

MANual labor.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

They lived in caves and hunted wild game.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    off the mutherfucking grid.

The new TIME OUT magazine covers the Fitness game. Its pretty entertaining.

• NAY...

whatever u did in gym class when u were 12 just do it again much harder...

Yeah...just jumping jacks and dodgeball. You'll be in the best shape of your life.

A trainer can be good to give you some basics, and it sounds like you need just that. Once you gain a little base knowledge, you can do your own research--there is a wealth of information available.

But KVH is absolutely right when he says that you have to want to go. Otherwise, you'll never stick with it.

Good luck.

NAY...

whatever u did in gym class when u were 12 just do it again much harder...

Yeah...just jumping jacks and dodgeball. You'll be in the best shape of your life.

I dont know what busted ass skool u went to.

I had to run laps/wind sprints/run stairs, stretching,pushups,situps, and Judo.

Muthafuskas had us running the damn Central Park reservoir once.

I stopped playing dodgeball by 5th grade.

There's a diff - if u wanna stay loose and active vs. looking like American Psycho.

b/w

Isnt Yuppie Dodgeball offered at these new Gyms these days?

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
    and Judo.

damn son was your gym teacher chuck norris

• looking like American Psycho.

looking like American Psycho.

There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping you and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.[/b]

There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping you and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.[/b]

yes, yes, i know, i know.

strictly talking about christian bale.......not really a fan of such a hard body normally.

This is the only book that made me throw up.

It's great and frustrating at the same time.

Has anyone messed around with this (or considered it) or is it NAGL?

I usually don't fall in with exercise videos or gym mentality.

I lift weights 2-3 times a week, jump rope between each set (Bats, got some questions for you) and walk about 2 miles a day between the train station and home.

I tend to feel like I've leveled off now.

I lift weights 2-3 times a week, jump rope between each set (Bats, got some questions for you) and walk about 2 miles a day between the train station and home.

I dont have any sort of regimen. Im blessed to be a skinny cat.

I own to set off 50lbs dumbells - quick curls, and ride my bike here and there.

This fitness craze has been around since the late 70's(joggin) moved into the 80's w/ aerobics/jazzercise and morphed into the full blown "gym culture" since the 90's. And Americans are the fattest fucks on the planet rite now.

Do what u gotta do.

I cant front on my ladyfriends who hit the gym. Keepin the booty/stomach tight and shit. Its all to tha good.

Regulate your food. Kill That sugar shit.

I'm kinda lucky that my job demands me to do some physical work so I get some sort of defense against my drinkin and smokin.

• I lift weights 2-3 times a week, jump rope between each set (Bats, got some questions for you) and walk about 2 miles a day between the train station and home.

I dont have any sort of regimen. Im blessed to be a skinny cat.

I own to set off 50lbs dumbells - quick curls, and ride my bike here and there.

This fitness craze has been around since the late 70's(joggin) moved into the 80's w/ aerobics/jazzercise and morphed into the full blown "gym culture" since the 90's. And Americans are the fattest fucks on the planet rite now.

Do what u gotta do.

I cant front on my ladyfriends who hit the gym. Keepin the booty/stomach tight and shit. Its all to tha good.

Regulate your food. Kill That sugar shit.

I'm kinda lucky that my job demands me to do some physical work so I get some sort of defense against my drinkin and smokin.

Well my question revolves around your jump rope lineage.

Not that you would know, but I'm taking a stab here (since your pop's was more on the competition tip and not really trying to rub elbows with the Governator on the President's Council of Fitness and all...)

Is it more beneficial if you jump rope slower for longer (Rocky) or quicker for a shorter amount of time (Rocky IV)?

• Just to contribute on a serious level, i guess- i actually work with a personal trainer. He's actually taken on a few of the laydee's i work with and they all swear by it so far. Simply in the sense that he's a motivator. i'm already (within 3weeks) seen some big changes- not necessarily physical just yet, but a couple of the girls have joined forces and started running together in their spare time.
    Some people need motivation and have problem areas (one is actually there to bulk up- she's teeny-tiny) and for that a personal trainer would be highly beneficial.
    i have huge motivational issues in that area- which is why i was never motivated to get a personal motivator! ha!