personal trainer, yay or nay?

13»

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Just to contribute on a serious level, i guess- i actually work with a personal trainer. He's actually taken on a few of the laydee's i work with and they all swear by it so far. Simply in the sense that he's a motivator. i'm already (within 3weeks) seen some big changes- not necessarily physical just yet, but a couple of the girls have joined forces and started running together in their spare time.
    Some people need motivation and have problem areas (one is actually there to bulk up- she's teeny-tiny) and for that a personal trainer would be highly beneficial.
    i have huge motivational issues in that area- which is why i was never motivated to get a personal motivator! ha!

Tight Body = Low Rent!!!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

This fitness craze has been around since the late 70's(joggin) moved into the 80's w/ aerobics/jazzercise and morphed into the full blown "gym culture" since the 90's. And Americans are the fattest fucks on the planet rite now.

THe thing you're noting about all those things is how the "crazes" were largely adopted by sub-cultures (which, I suppose, is what makes something a "craze") rather than something that actually swept American culture at large. If you think about the kind of massive, institutional changes that have happened over that time: the decline in P.E. in public schools, the cheap availability of fatty fast/processed food, increases in commute time, etc. it's not surprising that obesity in American society would have increased despite a contradictory shift amongst a smaller but media visible population of people caught up in trends in fitness/health/diet.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

This fitness craze has been around since the late 70's(joggin) moved into the 80's w/ aerobics/jazzercise and morphed into the full blown "gym culture" since the 90's. And Americans are the fattest fucks on the planet rite now.

THe thing you're noting about all those things is how the "crazes" were largely adopted by sub-cultures (which, I suppose, is what makes something a "craze") rather than something that actually swept American culture at large. If you think about the kind of massive, institutional changes that have happened over that time: the decline in P.E. in public schools, the cheap availability of fatty fast/processed food, increases in commute time, etc. it's not surprising that obesity in American society would have increased despite a contradictory shift amongst a smaller but media visible population of people caught up in trends in fitness/health/diet.

True Dat.

hahaha. For real, even at the time, didn't it seem like Ak was straight up destined to play himself out with his "udda udda" style?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,478964,00.html