Anybody here ever fainted??

2»

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    And I've still never seen Rumble In The Vancouver.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I have a few times. When I was about 11 or 12, I had to speak in front of the class and was crazy nervous. Made it almost completely through my presentation and as I was wrapping things up I started to get that feeling of thing getting black around the edge of my vision and got light-headed. Next thing I knew I was on the floor next to my teacher's desk with the whole class freaking out. Apparently I started walk/stumbling toward my desk while still speaking and hit the deck, almost hitting my head on the desk in the process.

I've also passed out or come close a few times while giving blood, and I've felt the feeling start to creep up on me while getting tattooed, but now I know the feeling pretty well and what is happening so I can take some deep breaths, focus myself and control it.

• puchitopuchito 374 Posts
    Once after drinking and smoking weed on a empty stomach, me and my dudes went to eat after sitting in the booth for about 15 min, my ears started to ring and I felt all light headed. I got up to go outside and on the way out in front of the whole restaurant I dropped. I woke up to my friend and the greek manager slapping me and shaking me. I was funny cause it looked all dramatic and serious but it was really no big deal .

Another time, after a long day of not eating, I got taco bell, and was eating at my kitchen table, all of a sudden I just fell over and ploped fright on the floor. I woke up to my brother shaking me. He thought I was od-ing on some like serious drugs or something, like some after school special . What's funny is that I never let go of my taco the whole time.

Lesson of the story: Never drink and smoke weed on a empty stomach.

• only time was when i was KTFO

• Options
    About 6 years a go I got food poisoning and passed out while taking a shit! I awoke in the bath tub with my pants around my ankles and feces smeared everywhere.

I might have posted this here, but last year or the year before I fainted while taking a piss. I had been on the couch lounging for a pretty extended period of time that day and had my feet up, eventually I got up to walk to the bathroom to pee. I remember when I stood up I felt a blood rush, and while I was standing there peeing I started to feel the spins (I've fainted a few times before this). I finished up just in time, tapped the shaft to get the last drops out and had just enough strength left to guide myself down so I didn't hit my head on anything. I woke up a little bit later with my pants around my ankles and my hand gently dangling in the pissy water.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    tapped the shaft to get the last drops out

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    I used to faint pretty frequently in clubs and crowded places about 7 years ago. It really sucked because once at a De La show, it happened and a bunch of people stepped on my glasses when they flew off my head. That was like the ultimate nerd tragedy, I couldn't see more than 10 feet in front of me for a few days.

Anyway, I don't know why or what I did for them to stop. I suspect it was because I was a heavy smoker at the time and a caffeine junkie.

• calkutacalkuta 160 Posts
    one time i almost fainted when i saw a kid crack his head skateboarding, when he rolled over and started twitching and shit, but it was mostly the noise of his head hitting the ground, i think i was a little traumatized from that one

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Once after drinking and smoking weed on a empty stomach, me and my dudes went to eat after sitting in the booth for about 15 min, my ears started to ring and I felt all light headed. I got up to go outside and on the way out in front of the whole restaurant I dropped. I woke up to my friend and the greek manager slapping me and shaking me. I was funny cause it looked all dramatic and serious but it was really no big deal .

Yeah, the smoke can do it to you like that. That's what happened to me the last time I passed out. It was out in front of the club where I was booked to DJ that night, and I got the whole tunnel vision thing, and the next thing I remember is lying on my back on the sidewalk with my friend giving me the ol' "wake up" face slaps and saying, "Pete, you've gotta open your eyes and say something." Apparently I was out for close to a minute. The scary part is if my friends hadn't caught me as I collapsed, I would've taken a header right on the sidewalk and really busted myself up good. As it was, I just needed to drink some orange juice and eat a Snickers to get my blood sugar back up (and get over my embarrassment), then I went on in and rocked my set.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Once. Just before a Macka B concert.

I'm still thankful for it.

• A few years back I was having a sandwich and drinking a diet vanilla pepsi...when it went down the wrong pipe. I had a crazy pain in my chest so I got up and walked in the kitchen to escape the embarrassment of Rerog's GF seeing me deal with the pain plus I was trying to be the tough guy. I got up walked into the kitchen set the drink and my plate down turned around said,"Oh, Shit!" and was on the floor. Rerog's girl was frantic and I could hear her as I came back to reality asking ME what to do! She eventually got Rog and it was cool then. I still don't like Diet Vanilla Pepsi.

I also fainted one time when I was 12ish and giving blood. The nurse couldn't get the vacuum tube inserted to the needle and when she finally did the needle was almost out so it sucked a stream of blood from my arm. I slid down the wall. Surprisingly enough I don't have a problem giving blood.

• Three times -

1) After wiping out on my bike when I was 14 or so. Had just completed a five (can't remember exactly) trash can jump. Botched the landing and went over the handlebars. Got up fine then went down.

2) At a house party in New Orleans during Mardi Gras in 1982. Mushroom related.

3) At a house party in DC four or five years ago. I was very stoned and started to feel warm. Was heading for the front door to get some fresh air and wiped out before I got there.

I think I have blood sugar issues.