I'm in the market for some art and stuff.

GaryGary 3,982 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Anybody here make some art? if ever get into this *&^%ing new house I would like to put some art on the walls, or something like that.Maybe not right away, because we gotta redo the floors, repaint, etc,etc, but soon. Something original I guess.Nothing too wacky eith I suppose but some panel paintings might be cool.so post up some arts and maybe i'll buy one.

Comments

• My wife to be and I are looking for some art for our apartment too! So let me know if you got anything. I would prefer some kind of music motif.

• corsiccorsic oakland, ca 232 Posts
    Anybody here make some art?

if ever get into this *&^%ing new house I would like to put some art on the walls, or something like that.

Maybe not right away, because we gotta redo the floors, repaint, etc,etc, but soon. Something original I guess.

Nothing too wacky eith I suppose but some panel paintings might be cool.

so post up some arts and maybe i'll buy one.

this one just reminds me of growing up in southern cali

he's a friend of mine, probably not what you're looking for but I always like to promote his stuff. If you're into fucked up surreal type stuff. This is one of the more tame ones.

Dan Lydersen

• We gots art prints.

• Anybody here make some art?
    . . .
    Nothing too wacky

Wifey is a fine artist. Her stuff is mostly abstract expressionism but if you squint hard enough you can actually see[/b] the music. . .okay maybe not, but she also does vector type portraits a bit like "waking life" if you have loved ones to immortalize?!

Check 'em out: Tiffco, Inc.

Tell 'em J sent you and she might even bake some more oatmeal cookies tonight. Them sheetz is right.

J

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    I have a really nice fake Botero in my house. Unless you are a serious baller spending 50K - 500K + at the drop of the hat on painting and other artwork, I say it's OK to rock a quality re-issue. I stress quality here.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Anybody here make some art?
    . . .
    Nothing too wacky

Wifey is a fine artist. Her stuff is mostly abstract expressionism but if you squint hard enough you can actually see[/b] the music. . .okay maybe not, but she also does vector type portraits a bit like "waking life" if you have loved ones to immortalize?!

Tell 'em J sent you and she might even bake some more oatmeal cookies tonight. Them sheetz is right.

J

Hey yeah, I like a lot of those. I didn't see any prices though. Perhaps I can commision her to do an art.

• ian johnson is a nice guy and he has some amazing pieces. Unfortunately there aren't many prints of his stuff, but there is one at Park Life:

http://www.ianmjohnson.com/

http://www.parklifestore.com/Merchant2/m...ory_Code=PRINTS

they've also got a book collecting his works.

• Anybody here make some art?
    . . .
    Nothing too wacky

J

Hey yeah, I like a lot of those. I didn't see any prices though. Perhaps I can commision her to do an art.

Do it. She's mighty cool and she'll do right by your walls. She even works in a shipping department, so you know your corners will be safe.

Her contact info is thusly. Maybe she'll even include some of the aforementioned oatmeal cookies to sweeten the deal.

J

• I've been meaning to post this, but the art gallery we work with just did a series of signed, super high quality Mingering Mike pigment prints - you can see which ones they did here.

13 different covers, edition of 50 for each. They're actual size and look amazingly just like the real thing.

I'll warn you though, they ain't cheap.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Yeah, I was thinking about MM peice for the wall. I don't know if the wife would go for it or not, or if I could even afford something like that, but it sure would be neat.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I have images of a bunch of my stuff here (mostly collages):

http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/hemol/Art/

I'd be happy to trade art for records, unless its Faux Rillz, in which case I'd be happy to trade art for pubescent love notes regarding flatulence, or premature ejaculation.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I've been meaning to post this, but the art gallery we work with just did a series of signed, super high quality Mingering Mike pigment prints - you can see which ones they did here.

13 different covers, edition of 50 for each. They're actual size and look amazingly just like the real thing.

Dope! Inquired... we'll see how "ain't cheap" they are! Thanks for the heads up.

• I've been meaning to post this, but the art gallery we work with just did a series of signed, super high quality Mingering Mike pigment prints - you can see which ones they did here.

Dope! Inquired... we'll see how "ain't cheap" they are! Thanks for the heads up.

Nice! They haven't really been promoted at all yet, so should you buy one it'll be a really low edition number.. like under 10.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    hit up the homie

he's got way more stuff than is currently posted on the website too. i think it's pretty good.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    i browse through etsy.com every once in a while.

• this dude is super awesome and a great guy.

chorboogie

he does all his stuff with spraypaint. and he's from dego so im sure he wouldnt mind coming down to do a commision dealie.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Ol' Lady wants this one to go in the garage or get sold. I have no idea what it's worth. Painting by Ken Sigafoos done in 1997 who used to run with Fairey.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    Ol' Lady wants this one to go in the garage or get sold. I have no idea what it's worth. Painting by Ken Sigafoos done in 1997 who used to run with Fairey.

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    This is my buddy's stuff....he's from San Diego:

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    where's Pearson?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

I'm gonna have to side with your lady on that one.....

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    ian johnson is a nice guy and he has some amazing pieces. Unfortunately there aren't many prints of his stuff, but there is one at Park Life:

http://www.ianmjohnson.com/

http://www.parklifestore.com/Merchant2/m...ory_Code=PRINTS

they've also got a book collecting his works.

Those were awesome!!!

• Looks Like some Turdurken Artform or somthing! But very neaty cool vougeish.

I would like to put a nice Union Pacific Flat Box Car with a Fresh Charlie Hot Pink and Blue straight letters in the living room and if I have enough room I'd put anohter train like a nice green flat burlington northern and have a graffiti freight hopping party and the DJ could be on the top flashn 2 times, it would be like FRESH chika chika !

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Looks Like some Turdurken Artform or somthing! But very neaty cool vougeish.

I would like to put a nice Union Pacific Flat Box Car with a Fresh Charlie Hot Pink and Blue straight letters in the living room and if I have enough room I'd put anohter train like a nice green flat burlington northern and have a graffiti freight hopping party and the DJ could be on the top flashn 2 times, it would be like FRESH chika chika !

you should definitely post more often.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts

I'm gonna have to side with your lady on that one.....

I'm ok with letting it go. Thought it may interest someone here.

• You should have this painted On the Wall in the entry way, so when people walk int there like, "Hey Ponch where's John?"

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    gerone spruill

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Rock my folk art and scare da baby:

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    The Non:

Noted, Appreciated, Declined.

(baby's mental health related)

• Here are pieces I have for sale at the moment...My only remaining stock actually!