I'm in the market for some art and stuff.

2»

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Is that your work, Just? I'm feeling that first one!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    This thread is making my eyes bleed a little.

• Is that your work, Just? I'm feeling that first one!

Yeah they are all mine. I am working on a new batch of paintings which will blow these away-looking to have a big spring release of new stuff. Working on website and blah blah right now.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I've actually been into Art and Books lately. Part of growing up I guess? I played this dope art gallery jump off in NYC recently. They had a super ill piece in there priced at $10K. I was really into it and told the artist about it. He let me have it for $1K! How dope is that. I had to promise I didn't tell anyone so I'm not telling what or who it is. DON'T ASK. He is fairly famous though....... I'm sure most strutters have seen his stuff somewhere as well. That's really all I can say.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    I've been meaning to post this, but the art gallery we work with just did a series of signed, super high quality Mingering Mike pigment prints - you can see which ones they did here.

13 different covers, edition of 50 for each. They're actual size and look amazingly just like the real thing.

I'll warn you though, they ain't cheap.

Dope! Inquired... we'll see how "ain't cheap" they are! Thanks for the heads up.

Nice! They haven't really been promoted at all yet, so should you buy one it'll be a really low edition number.. like under 10.

$900

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I've been meaning to post this, but the art gallery we work with just did a series of signed, super high quality Mingering Mike pigment prints - you can see which ones they did here.

13 different covers, edition of 50 for each. They're actual size and look amazingly just like the real thing.

Dope! Inquired... we'll see how "ain't cheap" they are! Thanks for the heads up.

Nice! They haven't really been promoted at all yet, so should you buy one it'll be a really low edition number.. like under 10.

$900

Ha... I just got the pricing email too. I was hoping for half that. Oof... maybe if I hadn't just bought the Verocai!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    some of you dudes should stick to music.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    I've actually been into Art and Books lately. Part of growing up I guess? I played this dope art gallery jump off in NYC recently. They had a super ill piece in there priced at $10K. I was really into it and told the artist about it. He let me have it for $1K! How dope is that. I had to promise I didn't tell anyone so I'm not telling what or who it is. DON'T ASK. He is fairly famous though....... I'm sure most strutters have seen his stuff somewhere as well. That's really all I can say.

Digging in Art Galleries

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    some of you dudes should stick to music.

real talk

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    LOL

• I've been meaning to post this, but the art gallery we work with just did a series of signed, super high quality Mingering Mike pigment prints - you can see which ones they did here.

$900

Ha... I just got the pricing email too. I was hoping for half that. Oof... maybe if I hadn't just bought the Verocai!

I hear you. Of all people I wanted collectros like us to be able to afford them. I've been told by a number of people in the art world that that figure is well within the reasonable range. On the low side, even, if you can believe that.

But people aren't buying art the way they used to, especially in this economic climate.

[color:pink]So what I'm saying is.. Things may change. [/color]

And just so you know, they were printed by Adamsson here in DC, who is considered to be the very best at what he does (Liebowitz, Chuck Close, etc.) They're gorgeous prints.