Old "digging" ethics you used to follow

1234568»

Comments

• I don't over think it. I look for records, I buy the ones I like. All this esoteric bullshit is just a way to make record collectors feel more special than any other music shopper.

My new ethic is to drop the word digger. I'm a shopper.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

2004 -
    2005 -
    2006 -
    2007 - Faux
    2008 - Yuichi
    2009 - Mylatency

My era was well before 2007; by then I was long past my sell-by date.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

And I love how G*ry NEVER gets mad and always stays funny. Why do fools even bother talking shit to him? You'll never win. EVER.

He is known to display tender hindquarters when attempting to discuss the rap music.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

45s > 33s

This is still true.

• Let's do this

1). never rock/deejay/or sample re-issues
    2). never sample off of a drum crazy break record or another rap records' drums
    3). Get all the records that where used on sample/break mix.

come on dudes, let your 1998/early 2000's show

boy, YP is sure going to be let down when he sees the result of this thread.

I changed my mind. Young Phonics is going to be STOKED!

Yo man, first Mischa Barton thread then this. I'm killing it so far!

Hilarious thread. Intentionally and unintenionally

DISPLAYS TONES OF 04 'STRUT ERA

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I don't see any real "digging ethics" being discussed in this thread.

In fact most of the posts I see in this thread are from a bunch of whiny dudes who don't / never dug deep once, posted in the weekend finds thread, proved they dug or found squat, and never once in their lives bought heavy records or collections. They're just sitting around pointing out the supposed shift in their musical tastes between 1990s and 2009 while they get paid at their job to dick around on Soulstrut.

Real 2009 digging ethics? In my opinion, it's no holds barred, anything goes.

Wow, the air of importance attached to record collecting (especially by selleurs) is ridiculous sometimes. Get over yourself. No one in the real world cares about this shit.

This thread started out with some dudes having a laugh over the days of yore, buying rinked Ramsey Lewis LPs and $15 spending limits, and then you derailed it with your aggy attitude.

• This thread started out with some dudes having a laugh over the days of yore, buying rinked Ramsey Lewis LPs and $15 spending limits, and then you derailed it with your aggy attitude.

=EVERY SINGLE THREAD IN THE HISTORY OF TEH STRUT....[/b]

• This was the most entertaining half hour of my day.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I left Rootless Chadmo a voicemail last night and ended it with "F*ck YOU! I'M GOING DIGGIN!!!"

which would have been hilarious if he had actually read this thread. Turns out he had focused all his energy on the israel thread (big surprise).

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    No need to go get on a high horse because you're running an ebay hustle in a sleepy burg with no real competition.

High Plains Drifter

....for a second I thought you were referring to this cat named M#nT*n#ya(HighPlainsDrifiting) from PA....then again maybe you were.

• I am at a loss to explain how much I dont understand what happened in this thread.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    i think it's about desk jocks wanting to be diggas.
    and diggas wanting to be desk jocks.
    only DIGGADIGGA can decipher it for us.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    this was a mindfuck.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Where were u all this time sayin

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    "DIGGING" is leaving the house to go record shopping and not returning for a month!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

finally, I only had to say your name like 5 times in tha dark

I'm scared mommy, I mean nozzy

• I am at a loss to explain how much I dont understand what happened in this thread.

It's probably for the best.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    this thread is hilarious. thanks for sharing everyone.