10 YEARS OF THA 'STRUT, CONGRATULATIONS RAJ MAHAL!

Comments

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Pretty ill. I didn't even have a computer till 2002. Signed up shortly thereafter.

Nice!

I could only do dail-up for a long time --- self employed/kids/lady/record addiction--- and have only gone lightspeed in the past year.

Though I remember coppin this Leon Thomas: Full Circle LP back in 02 or 03 offa e-bay and the dude sent a Raj Mahal mix CD with the album. I gave it a spin, liked what I heard, and decided the Strut was happenin.

Congrats Raj,
    Keep ON Keepin ON!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Who are you people, and what happened to my clothes?

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    You're not alone Raj!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    My employers have loved Soulstrut over the years. The name was mentioned verbatim in a company meeting a few years back.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Who are you people, and what happened to my clothes?

That's how I know about your ankles.

HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY!!!!
    Thank You for all the hard work (but not at work) - mixes, RH Forum, Katrina Heatrock, Katrina Mix, weddings, babies, split ups, new jobs, new beginnings, new/old records, new knowledge, new friends, new special friends, "I love you, man!", "I hate you, asshole!", guts spilled, guts cleaned up, sickness, health, shoes, boobies, ass and thighs, weight gained, weight lost, who's gonna take the weight?, banned, unbanned, banned, unbanned, redesign, Mingering Mike, Vanguard Squad, Good Records, Dorando, countless Strutter releases, fame, fortune, poverty, watchu drinking/eating/playing/reading/watching?, too many RIPs, hugs, kisses, LMHO, ROFL, cats, dogs, bitches and batches, what would Soul Strut do???

• Alright Raj.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I remember when all this was just fields..

Happy Birth(?)day SoulStrut.

• WOW. congrats Raj you the man!

• HamHam 872 Posts
    yeah i forgot to say, congrats RAJ. i spend a lot of time here.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Good for you, Richard Mahal.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    UH HUH BEAN HERE BEAN REAL

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    wow, 10 years? Meaty dragged me here back in like 2000 and I haven't left.

• congrats. You've created a monster.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    thanks raj for creating a place on the net where record nerds can talk about records and debate subjects of staggering foolishness.

• rogbrogb 172 Posts
    congrats. You've created a monster.

What's the story behind this?

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    [gift] http://lpcoverlover.com/ [/gift]

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    Wow, can't believe it's been that long. Congratulations Raj! I need to post some of those early mp3's that you use to post on the homepage with the spoken intro of "BROUGHT TO YOU BY SOULSTRUT DOT COM.....WIKKA WIKKA WIKKA SOUL STRUTTTTTTTTT" Who remembers that ish?

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    The audio buildup in the studio carpet deafened my search engine one day and soulstrut emerged from the static. It took me about four months of lurking to post something. Someone clowned me, and then Raj wrote in.
    Oh yeah, and welcome to soulstrut.

And I've felt welcome here ever since. I can't keep up anymore, but I still feel welcome.

And I'm grateful for this place. Truly, truly grateful. It has expanded my knowledge of music, politics, sports, slang, and American culture beyond my expression.

Thank you Raj for welcoming me.
    Thank you Dizzy Bull for the Welkshake.
    Thank you Bambouche for putting me in your pouch. (page me)
    Thank you to whoever told the story about kneeling down in a stinky ass record store trying to get through the last pile of records, and then having the stink get stronger only to realize that you were kneeling in shit -- it caused my first prolonged soulstrut laughing fit.
    Thank you WhiteLily for sending me the psych mix for $5. I still owe you.
    Thank you AlienIverson for the 1000th post jumpoff.
    Thank you YoungEinstein for the Meters LPs and the Ugly Duckling extras from the Heatrock auction
    Thank you paypal for unfucking the Heatrock auction.
    Thank you PlantainChips for the records (though you were Sklute by then I think)
    Thank you breakself for the 45>33 mix, it's true.
    Thank you james and terry clubbup for meeting me at that jewish deli under the El that day, a lunch that led to a gaylord tradition that now participates in soulstrut pride parades.
    Thank you Big Stacks for your posting style.
    Thank you schnipper for letters to things and people.
    Thank you dante for dropping catalog numbers when you can.
    Thank you Trew for organizing that goofy as hell night at the Uptown Lounge that January night.
    Thank you pickwick33 for being down to earth and actually listening to the music you jaw on about.
    Thank you archaic for being sheed.
    Thank you faux_rillz for holding down the lawyering steez in my absence.
    Thank you deepstankfunk for becoming Dyra Stanks in tribute to America's Next Top Model.
    Thank you asprin for sitting down.
    Thank you Day for reminding me what planet and what station we should all be on.
    Thank you ako for being hilarious when you still didn't have a driver's license.
    Thank you dcastillo for moderation.
    Thank you James Trouble for coming in and starting trouble and getting banned.
    THanK You L13 you kkKuntT!
    Thank you TheMack for lining it up in the puccini!!
    Thank you to that Canadian dude who people thought had J.Lo in his apartment that day. That was funny.
    Thank you k in canada for not ripping me off and being vindicated.
    Thank you to the whole Gaylords posse.
    Thank you to my cloud people.
    Thank you for the jumpoffs, especially the marilyn manson jumpoff on Bill O'Reilly.
    Thank you for the jawn.

Thank you,
    JRoot

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Raj Mahal,

Congratulations on your grand creation, Soulstrut, and for keeping it going for a decade!!! You're doin' it big, bro, and I appreciate being here. I gotta big up Delay and Asprin for puttin' me up on the site after the Stones Throw era (back in 2001 or 2002, I think?). I also got love for everyone on here for we're a true community. I look forward to meeting you one day, Raj, and many other of our motley crew of characters. I wish continued peace and prosperity to all in 2009 and beyond.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    lotta good people here.
    thanks to everyone who makes me laugh here
    ...especially Junior/Senior, Cas, Gary, Shig, breakself, faux_rillz, Quo, dollar_bin, Terry_Clubbup, james, Herm, nzshadow, jinx, Brian, Controller_7, , BigChan, PhillMostChill the Soulman, high_C, Jonny_Paycheck, Fatback, DB_Cooper (esp. when he talks about work), Soulhawk, and izm707.

thanks RAJ!

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Jesus. 10 years. That is huge. Congrats SoulStrut. You have introduced me to a phenomenal amount of incredible individuals and gave a constructive (and often unconstructive) medium to post pictures of Folkways records and lesbians I tried to get with.

SoulStrut forever.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Thanks, I've learned a lot.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I'd like to thank Mark Latency for making 10th Anniversary Week one
    of the most entertaining on the Strut in a long time.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I'd like to thank Mark Latency for making 10th Anniversary Week one
    of the most entertaining on the Strut in a long time.

I do what I can
    enjoy it while you can
    because I will probably
    take an extended vacation

soon

• Famous Last Words!

I LUH YOU GUYS

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    10 YEARS!

Congrats Raj....got to meet a buncha cool cats from here I wouldn't have met otherwise.

LOOK AT OUR SPAWN

http://waxidermy.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=19831

FOR THE WIN!!!!!!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    LOOK AT OUR SPAWN

http://waxidermy.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=19831

FOR THE WIN!!!!!!

You need to check if a shrink is covered by your insurance.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    RAJ MAHAL IS NUMBER FOUR IN MY BOOK. RIGHT BEHIND OPRAH, LAURENCE FISHBURNE AND JESUS. SOULSTRUT IS THE CANDIRU FISH OF MY EXISTENCE AND I'LL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN. THANKS