Happy New Year!

2»

Comments

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    just got in, and it's almost 6am. didn't finish Djing until 4:30am, having started at 10pm. probably one of the shittiest DJ gigs i've had ever. today i spent a good amount of the day buying a new mixer for the venue, outfitting it for the console, wiring, and allat. tonight, a little after the strike of midnight some dude wanders towards the back of the spot where i'm playing, looking for the bathroom. he turns to me with beer in hand, fumbling, and spills his beer all over a mixer (that has all of 2 hours plus usage on it), turntables, and me. i exercised patience and didn't punch or choke a mfer. mixer starting shorting out, so we had to switch it out. shit totally killed my spirit for the rest of the night. happy new year. yay.

• ^^^^^

That sucks.

The GF and I had a amazing and spontaneous dinner. I murked teh clurb hella hard with my set (everything from that Rick Ross "here I am" to Shaun Escoffrey "Days like This").Saw Lady Alma, Daz and 'em kill the clurb for the folks who came for that. And then the rest of the night was pretty f*cking "meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh". Basically only had fun deejaying.

"Good Life" was my 12:00 song.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Shaun Escoffrey "Days like This"

• Wife and I had dinner with a few friends... low key affair, though I managed to drink too much champagne, and fell asleep as she drove home. Whatever, I've been exhausted.

Then, slept in till ten, which I never do. Felt like a nice, relaxing start to a new year. Now, I'm making minestrone, and we're just sitting here reading, and listening to CDs on random. Mission of Burma, 'All World Cowboy Romance,' just came on, and that makes me happy.

Happy 2009, everyone. Keep on grinding and make those moves!

-gareth

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I celebrated this year back at my hometown. it was OK, but it really helped me remember why I moved.

I already miss SF, and it has only been 2 days.

I am not hungover at all but all my friends are-- so it should be an interesting day!

Happy New Years!!

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Goin' to see Eddie Palmieri tonight at Yoshi's with GF. Not going for the sushi, just want to see Eddie and the venue.

I'm sure this show was great, we're in the Bay this week and went on the 30th, Eddie and his band we're pretty top notch, here's a little footage I grabbed from the Balcony.

My New Years was cool until my girl realized as we stumbled out of the cab at 4am that her wallet was gone. Now spending the first day of '09 canceling credit cards and finding out if she can get on her flight monday.

• HEY 09

Got fucked up with a bunch of nerds. Drank a silly amount of champagne, all the time wishing I was in France with my girlfriend, until I didn't really know what I wished for anymore.

Only smoked two cigarettes the entire night. Very strange.

• Options
    I got a lil' hammeured last night on Harpoon Winter, Red Stripe, and Sauza, Jaeger, and Jameson shots. Got to listen to my friend dj and trainwreck his shit all over the place which didn't matter at all, danced with some fat girls, blew garlic burps in dude's faces, then slept right through a massive car accident that happened right in my front yard at 11:30am.

• Goin' to see Eddie Palmieri tonight at Yoshi's with GF. Not going for the sushi, just want to see Eddie and the venue.

I'm sure this show was great, we're in the Bay this week and went on the 30th, Eddie and his band we're pretty top notch, here's a little footage I grabbed from the Balcony.

It was an awesome show! My first time seeing Eddie P. The night went well. Only thing is we got there at ~9:45- show started at 9. Was still able to see half of the first set and all of the second set, of course. First time I have gone out in a couple of years so it went well. GF LOVED it so I'm happy on all fronts.

Sidenote: Don't ride for Yoshi's sushi though- I'll eat it though, but wasn't in my top 5. Venue is top notch, IMO. Balcony is the way to go, for sure.

Nice footage!

2009 is on der way!!!