The Snuggie ShamWow

2»

Comments

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    tacos, fettucini, linguini, martini, bikini... wtf is this guy talking about.

I bet dude uses lines like that with women... and wins.

Sayin'. "You're gonna love my nuts" has probably worked too.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    ShamWow guy is awesome! Check out his wikipedia entry:

Vince Offer
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vince Offer is a writer, director and comedian best known for appearing as a television pitchman for ShamWow! absorbent towels.

Contents [hide]
    1 The Underground Comedy Movie
    2 ShamWow! commercial
    3 SlapChop Spokesman
    4 External links
    5 References

The Underground Comedy Movie
    Main article: Underground Comedy Movie
    In 1999 Offer released the Underground Comedy Movie to scathing and extremely negative reviews. Lawrence Van Gelder of the New York Times described the movie as "a series of sketches built around subjects like masturbation, defecation, alienation, urination, necrophilia, voyeurism, casual brutality and mockery of the unfortunate." He added that Offer "makes the common mistake of equating the recognition of comic potential for comedy itself. For the successful, talent bridges the gap, but here it is absent."[1] DVDs of the film were marketed via television infomercial.

The film also generated several lawsuits. Offer filed a copyright-infringement suit against Peter and Bobby Farrelly and Twentieth Century Fox, claiming that 14 scenes in There's Something About Mary were taken from his own film. The Farrelly brothers responded, "We've never heard of him, we've never heard of his movie, and it's all a bunch of baloney."[2] In addition, Offer sued Anna Nicole Smith for breach of contract, alleging that Smith had agreed to appear in Underground Comedy Movie but backed out, claiming it would hurt her career.[3]

In 2004, Offer, an ex-Scientologist, sued the Church of Scientology, alleging it had declared him a criminal and had urged its members to "write false and malicious reports against him." Offer claimed that the church's action against him caused him to lose a successful business, as many of his employees were Scientologists who quit upon learning of the church's actions.[4]

ShamWow! commercial
    Offer appeared on infomercials for his movie and also sold kitchen utensils at a swap meet. Currently he is featured as a spokesman in a commercial for ShamWow! absorbent towels that began airing in the spring of 2008. Offer's work on the ad received some comment in the media. Slate.com's Seth Stevenson praised Offer for his "impressive and subtle mastery of the pitchman's art" and wondered if Offer's "abrasive manner might also mark a unique, new strategy in the annals of pitchdom." Stevenson compared Offer to earlier, "more upbeat" television pitchmen like Billy Mays and the Home Shopping Network hosts and concluded that Offer's "smooth-talking condescension" was more suited to the present zeitgeist than the "earnest fervor" of spokesmen like Mays and Ron Popeil.[5]

SlapChop Spokesman
    In December of 2008, Offer appeared in another infomercial originating on the internet for the kitchen utensil SlapChop, in which Offer adds the following double entendres: "You're gonna love my nuts." and "Don't have a boring tuna." His sales pitch also advertises a bundled hand operated cheese grater, the Graty.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    "smooth-talking condescension"

Vince gonna get a lawsuit from Faux Rillz, esq soon if he dont quit it....

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I think the Snuggie is the perfect way to recreate the video for EPMD's "SO Whatcha Sayin'"

I heard the Snuggle is backless, so while it may look Ewok-cool in the front, you might get frost bit in the ace.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    SNUGGIE JACK FROST BE NIPPIN ON YO AZZ

SNUGGIE JACK FROST BE NIPPIN ON YO AZZ

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

So here is the deal. I spent $40 and doubled-up on the ShamWow offer, and got a total of 8 large and 8 small ShamWows. Then I sewed them all together into a Snuggie[/b]. Don't be fooled by imitators.

My girlfriend just pointed out that this fusion would be best achieved by using Mighty MendIt.

My girlfriend just pointed out that this fusion would be best achieved by using Might MendIt.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Lol. Those Snuggie things were invented by a family friend.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Lol. Those Snuggie things were invented by a now incredibly wealthy family friend.

Fixed it for you.

• So here is the deal. I spent $40 and doubled-up on the ShamWow offer, and got a total of 8 large and 8 small ShamWows. Then I sewed them all together into a Snuggie[/b]. Don't be fooled by imitators.

My girlfriend just pointed out that this fusion would be best achieved by using Mighty MendIt.

maybe some nice accents with a bedazzler?

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

So here is the deal. I spent $40 and doubled-up on the ShamWow offer, and got a total of 8 large and 8 small ShamWows. Then I sewed them all together into a Snuggie[/b]. Don't be fooled by imitators.

maybe some nice accents with a bedazzler?

I'm not a big bedazzle fan. I'm a take a look in the Roly-Kit and see what magic I can make.