who bans people on soulseek? i mean seriously...

GaryGary 3,982 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
who is so anal that they ban people? sometimes i get banned and i don't know why. i share just like everybody else so waht the F*ck. and everytime i get banned i ask why and today is the first time ever that somebody answered me back.[dizzybull] why did i get banned[dizzybull] I have no choice but to destroy you.[dizzybull] are you destroyed yet?(15:29) [Psyteth69] huh[dizzybull] why did i get banned[dizzybull] i have no choice but to destroy you(15:30) [Psyteth69] ok[dizzybull] i'm sending out destruction thought beams right now[dizzybull] if you are feeling pain then that it why[dizzybull] are you feeling pain?[dizzybull] your nipples should be like on fire right now[dizzybull] unban me and i'll make it stop[dizzybull] or at least tell me why i was banned[dizzybull] you shouldn't F*ck with people that have mental powers(15:31) [Psyteth69] I have the mental power of putting up with you.[dizzybull] tell me why i was banned and i'll make the pain go away(15:31) [Psyteth69] But there is no pain.[dizzybull] tell me why i was banned anyways asshole[dizzybull] you probably just shit your pants right now[dizzybull] that was me(15:32) [Psyteth69] Your mental powers should allow you to figure that out(15:32) [Psyteth69] without asking.[dizzybull] pretty smart talk for somebody who just crapped their pants(15:33) [Psyteth69] I took one earlier, so I'm safe for the time being.[dizzybull] BOOM. now you are an outie.(15:33) [Psyteth69] Phew!(15:34) [Psyteth69] Anyways, talk to you later, sugarplum.[dizzybull] i just lit you on fire.[dizzybull] your gonna need an anal retread when i'm through with youf*cking ASSHOLE.

Comments

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I do... If u don't share u get banned. seems fair to me.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

(15:31) [Psyteth69] I have the mental power of putting up with you.

LOL. This guy rules.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    [dizzybull] why did i get banned
    [dizzybull] I have no choice but to destroy you.
    [dizzybull] are you destroyed yet?
    (15:29) [Psyteth69] huh
    [dizzybull] why did i get banned
    [dizzybull] i have no choice but to destroy you
    (15:30) [Psyteth69] ok
    [dizzybull] i'm sending out destruction thought beams right now
    [dizzybull] if you are feeling pain then that it why
    [dizzybull] are you feeling pain?
    [dizzybull] your nipples should be like on fire right now
    [dizzybull] unban me and i'll make it stop
    [dizzybull] or at least tell me why i was banned
    [dizzybull] you shouldn't F*ck with people that have mental powers
    (15:31) [Psyteth69] I have the mental power of putting up with you.
    [dizzybull] tell me why i was banned and i'll make the pain go away
    (15:31) [Psyteth69] But there is no pain.
    [dizzybull] tell me why i was banned anyways asshole
    [dizzybull] you probably just shit your pants right now
    [dizzybull] that was me
    (15:32) [Psyteth69] Your mental powers should allow you to figure that out
    (15:32) [Psyteth69] without asking.

[dizzybull] pretty smart talk for somebody who just crapped their pants
    (15:33) [Psyteth69] I took one earlier, so I'm safe for the time being.
    [dizzybull] BOOM. now you are an outie.
    (15:33) [Psyteth69] Phew!
    (15:34) [Psyteth69] Anyways, talk to you later, sugarplum.

[dizzybull] i just lit you on fire.
    [dizzybull] your gonna need an anal retread when i'm through with you

f*cking ASSHOLE.

I agree. That dizzybull character sounds like a douche.

P.S.

Who the hell uses Soulseek nowadays?

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Bullllshit. If I'm grabbing 1 random song from someone and I'm not sharing I deserve to be banned? Come on now. I think fools just power trip and get off on banning people because they have no power in their own puny little lives.

YES I AM MAD DOGGIE.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Who the hell uses Soulseek nowadays?

• THE REASON I THINK IT'S STUPID IS..

JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING IS ON A BLOG ANYWAY..SO YOU CAN FIND JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING ANYWAY

EVEN 2 YEARS AGO THE HIP-HOP "ROOMS" WERE ANYWHERE FROM 500-700

NOW IT'S USUALLY AROUND 125-150

THAT'S A HUUUUGE DROPOFF

WHY?

BECAUSE EVERYONE IS "BLOGGING"

IN IT'S PEEK THE HIP-HOP ROOMS 4-5 YEARS AGO HAD OVER 1,000

4-5 YEARS AGO THERE WERE HARDLY ANY MUSIC BLOGS

NOW THERE'S THOUSANDS

SO PEOPLE JUST ARE NOT USING SOULSEEK ANYMORE

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    i dont understand, if you are just looking for one song, why wouldnt u use slsk? what do u use instead that's more effective? youre gonna bit torent "the way you make me feel" by mj?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I'm not really downloading hip hop, so thats kind of moot.

plus, I share my shit.

anyways, mostly its just music from the 20s, so people need to chill the F*ck out.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

I'll be keeping an eye on you, mister.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

Anyone downloading from me that isn't sharing gets the ban.

Bullllshit. If I'm grabbing 1 random song from someone and I'm not sharing I deserve to be banned? Come on now. I think fools just power trip and get off on banning people because they have no power in their own puny little lives.

YES I AM MAD DOGGIE.

yea... one song isn't really a big deal. I usually browse the files of of users who are downloading off of me. If they aren't sharing...then buh bye. Then again I don't use soulseek that much these days anyway.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    I don't get who sits around monitoring their Soulseek client so vigorously! Anyways, that being said, if you ARE caught DLing tons of shit w/o sharing any, banning is certainly a just punishment.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,894 Posts
    It's the zero-upload-slot clowns that frustrate me. Technically they are sharing, but no-one will ever be allowed to upload from them. I think they believe that having someone uploading will make their downloads run at 10% normal speed.

They get banned with the quickness.

Why do people still use slsk? Because it's free, you can use it more than 3 times a day, and you don't have to search through blogs for dead links b/w having to identify pictures of mutant cats stuck in The Phantom Zone??? before being allowed the goods (in glorious 128K)

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

Why do people still use slsk? Because it's free, you can use it more than 3 times a day, and you don't have to search through blogs for dead links b/w having to identify pictures of mutant cats stuck in The Phantom Zone??? before being allowed the goods (in glorious 128K)

>

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I tried out Soulseek again last night. I give it a whirl every once in a while and it never works. I thinks it's port-related.

How again to we track down music on blogs? I thought it was searching whichever artist in Google "& blog" but that didn't seem to yield any decent results.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

>

Maybe if you got a membership to a private FLAC or 320kbps torrenting site (like the old Oink), otherwise torrenting for music is worse than using limewire.

I tried out Soulseek again last night. I give it a whirl every once in a while and it never works. I thinks it's port-related.

How again to we track down music on blogs? I thought it was searching whichever artist in Google "& blog" but that didn't seem to yield any decent results.

there's a google blog search.

>

Maybe if you got a membership to a private FLAC or 320kbps torrenting site (like the old Oink), otherwise torrenting for music is worse than using limewire.

I couldn't disagree more. I find music faster and without having to search for individual files. I am a member of private trackers, but for non-specialty music there are plenty of public trackers which rarely let me down.

>

I couldn't disagree more. I find music faster and without having to search for individual files. I am a member of private trackers, but for non-specialty music there are plenty of public trackers which rarely let me down.

I'm rarely looking for lp's. I'm looking for 12" which you can't readily find (in decent quality) in public trackers, at least in my experience. I'd like to hear what public trackers you're using.

Yeah, I don't think many people are putting up Microwave-friendly singles on public trackers. Not yet, at least. Now that Oink is gone, I can't think of any place you could go for something like that.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Yeah, I don't think many people are putting up Microwave-friendly singles on public trackers. Not yet, at least. Now that Oink is gone, I can't think of any place you could go for something like that.

Oink was replaced by what.cd and waffles.fm, although I'm not a member of either so I can't vouch for their microwave-friendlyness.[color:#666666] (subtle invite appeal) [/color]