THE TRIPPED-OUT PART ABOUT ALL THESE GHOST BUMPS..

pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
..is that most of the people who were around three years ago are still on the Strut today. Maybe a few have dropped out, changed names, others were absent for a spell before staging a comeback, some were banned altogether, but in general its more or less the same cast of characters...

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I'm saying - imagine if we could go back to 2003 or sooner.

SAME THING.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    P.S. It just means we loyal as F*ck.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    When did SS start? I remember posting here as early as 2000/2001 or so...I remember i was the first to post here about the Mass Appeal sample after it got let loose on the Crates List email deal...yeah I know...

• I don't know who's who anymore.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    I don't know who's who anymore.

Sayin'. it's hard to keep track.

Also, as a newer jack, it would be nice if the bumps had a little tag saying that they are re-issues.

Or if Raj could have time/date stamps show up on the Mobile version, that would be great.

KTHXBAI

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    is diskjockingmost still here?

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    is diskjockingmost still here?

Yes.

Is DenmarkVZ still here?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

Is DenmarkVZ still here?

Incarcerated for estalking.

• I don't know who's who anymore.

Sayin'. it's hard to keep track.

Also, as a newer jack, it would be nice if the bumps had a little tag saying that they are re-issues.

You can usually check out the date at the top of the post...

I know we all take it for granted that all the threads started on the same day we read them. But then again, with the straight-up ghost bumps that don't get updated, it's funny to look at the inbox and see that the most recent post from Mr. Man is dated, say, 12/23/08...and then you click on it and it turns out that Mr. Man's post came all the way from 2005.

• it would be nice if the bumps had a little tag saying that they are re-issues.

YES PLEASE!

Now, why hasn't anyone ghost-bumped the "Endless Flight" Beat Battle-thread?

Essential headz know the transaction.

- J

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    What happened to 3rd Stream? He had me rolling in some of those old threads.

It's funny to read some of the schitt I wrote back then. Some posts I was trying to sound all proper and educated when I wrote. Looking back some of that stuff is straight laughable. I have no clue what that was all about.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

I'm feeling these ghost-bumps, though. Some classic threads have been dug up. I'm just relieved to see that I haven't made too much of an ass of myself and seen my inconsistencies or any of the stupid shit I may have posted come back to haunt me.

That's not a challenge to anyone, by the way.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    What happened to 3rd Stream?

Dude is missed. I think he lost interest with the departure of

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    It's funny to read some of the schitt I wrote back then. Some posts I was trying to sound all proper and educated when I wrote. Looking back some of that stuff is straight laughable. I have no clue what that was all about.

Yeah, that's the best/worst part. I've been old enough for long enough that I was pretty much just as dull back then as I am now, but it's funny to see how some of the younger and/or more dynamic dudes behaved two or three personalities ago. It's like watching time-lapse footage of people trying on hats.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

it would be nice if the bumps had a little tag saying that they are re-issues.

YES PLEASE!

I was actually kidding about the tags. Although having the time-date stamp show up on the iPhone Strut version would be nice. Nowadays i'm on the bus I click on a thread and don't know to where I'll be transported in time. It's like Quantum Leap in this bitch.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I don't know who's who anymore.

Yeah, it's hard for me to keep track these days. So, I ban everyone.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    P.S. It just means we nerdy[/b] as F*ck.