Degrassi Jnr High....

SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Was it as big in Canada as it was here??b, 21b, 21-Joey Jeremiah- who sold vitamins as drugs and ran naked through the school halls, b, 21-"All the way with Stephanie Kaye"b, 21-The Zit Remedyb, 21-Spike who had a babyb, 21-Tessa Capinelli who slept with joey in the movie,b, 21-Snake and his inability to get laidb, 21-Lucy who was almost molested by her teacher,b, 21-Wheels who was almost molested by a salesman while he was looking for his real fatherb, 21-Spike's babies daddy who took lsd who thought he could fly and walked off a cliff...b, 21-The bully who had aidsb, 21-The other bully who was beaten by his dadb, 21-Caitlin's boyfriend Claude who shot himself at school.....b, 21b, 21so very exciting to come home to after school....even better when it gave a "adult themes" warning at the beginning!!

Comments

• My girl and her sister loved the OG, and the GF and I our into the new generation. b, 21b, 21DORKY MASCOT STABBED BY RIVAL HS GANG!

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Was it as big in Canada as it was here??
    b, 21
    b, 21-Joey Jeremiah- who sold vitamins as drugs and ran naked through the school halls,
    b, 21-"All the way with Stephanie Kaye"
    b, 21-The Zit Remedy
    b, 21-Spike who had a baby
    b, 21-Tessa Capinelli who slept with joey in the movie,
    b, 21-Snake and his inability to get laid
    b, 21-Lucy who was almost molested by her teacher,
    b, 21-Wheels who was almost molested by a salesman while he was looking for his real father
    b, 21-Spike's babies daddy who took lsd who thought he could fly and walked off a cliff...
    b, 21-The bully who had aids
    b, 21-The other bully who was beaten by his dad
    b, 21-Caitlin's boyfriend Claude who shot himself at school.....
    b, 21
    b, 21so very exciting to come home to after school....even better when it gave a "adult themes" warning at the beginning!!
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I ride, although I'm not from Canada.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21My girl and her sister loved the OG, and the GF and I our into the new generation.
    b, 21
    b, 21DORKY MASCOT STABBED BY RIVAL HS GANG!
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21i haven't caught the new series but heard that snake is a teacher there??b, 21Sounds like the story lines are still gold tho!!

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21-Joey Jeremiah- who sold vitamins as drugs and ran naked through the school halls,
    b, 21-The Zit Remedy
    b, 21-Wheels who was almost molested by a salesman while he was looking for his real father
    b, 21-Spike's babies daddy who took lsd who thought he could fly and walked off a cliff...
    b, 21
    b, 21so very exciting to come home to after school....even better when it gave a "adult themes" warning at the beginning!!
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21I ride, although I'm not from Canada.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Where from then?

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21My girl and her sister loved the OG, and the GF and I our into the new generation.
    b, 21
    b, 21DORKY MASCOT STABBED BY RIVAL HS GANG!
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21i haven't caught the new series but heard that snake is a teacher there??
    b, 21Sounds like the story lines are still gold tho!!
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21snake is a teacher, married to spike (who's daughter is one of the main characters in the new series)b, 21joey is a used car salesman and still pines for caitlynb, 21b, 21they had a 3 episode arc with Kevin Smith directing a film on the campus featuring Jay and Alanis Morrisetteb, 21b, 21as for storylines?b, 21b, 21from wikipedia:b, 21b, 21/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21relationships, online predators, love, peer pressure, sex, drugs, stress, sexual identity, self image, child abuse, alcohol abuse, censorship, date rape, violence, gangs, self harm, school shootings, teen pregnancy, academic stress, STD's, imprisonment, murder and various other heavy topics
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1

• img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jeigh.gif" alt="" 21 i only wish i had cable so i could keep watchin the new series.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Hells yes it was big in Canada, those fools were celebrities up here...b, 21b, 21"Degrassi Junior High is a Canadian CBC Television teen drama series that was produced from 1987-1989 as part of the Degrassi series. The show followed the lives of a group of students attending the titular fictional school. Many episodes tackled difficult issues such as drug use, child abuse, teenage pregnancy, homosexuality and divorce, and the series was acclaimed for its sensitive and realistic portrayal of the challenges of teenage life. The cast comprised mainly non-professional actors, which added to the show's sense of realism."b, 21b, 21object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/liljohn.gif" alt="" 21

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21-The Zit Remedy
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21I ride, although I'm not from Canada.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Where from then?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21California.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Degrassi was huge in Canada. You'll be hard pressed to find a Canadian who has not seen or heard of it.b, 21b, 21Great show, very bold for its time and the age of its audience. Equally funny and cheesy, but in a great way.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21-The Zit Remedy
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Some of these things happened in High, not Jnr High!b, 21b, 21But anyway, I ride in a big way for this. Bought all of the dvd box sets a year or so back on impulse when i saw them in the store. Although i suspect that the resulting degrassi marathon may have adversly affected my health.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    A certain well known Canadian Producer/DJ (That a few Strutters know IRL) dated someone from DJH for many years. She was much nicer IRL than her character. b, 21b, 21b, 21And yeah... Here in Canada. Many schools used to play episodes in classes. It was their versions of PSA's. I remember Grade 6 had to watch 1 episode ever week for a year.b, 21b, 21But I grew up on the 3 Degrassi Series.b, 21b, 21The Kids of Degrassi Streetb, 21Degrassi Junior Highb, 21Degrassi High

• Joey Jeramiah. The most ethic lookin' dude and the one who was always wylin' out, and getting into trouble. What was up with that? b, 21And exactly what ethnicity was he suppose to be anyway? b, 21Puerto Rican? Italiano? Arab? b, 21b, 21This show was always lacking an edge. Probably had something to do with the fact that it was Canadian. I still watched though.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21This show was always lacking an edge. Probably had something to do with the fact that it was Canadian. I still watched though.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21like "saved by the bell" and "head of the class right"???b, 21or that raw ass shit "beverly hills 90210"

• edge is kid getting HIV, young teen getting attacked by a popstar, teenage pregnancy, LSD use, jumping off bridges, long lost dad coming out of the woodwork, parents dying, school burning down... degrassi had all of that and more. pre-HBO dayz mang...

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21This show was always lacking an edge.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 img src="http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/FOW/7LVV/N3YEWZM4WXY/FOW7LVVN3YEWZM4WXY.MEDIUM.jpg"1

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Joey Jeramiah. The most ethic lookin' dude and the one who was always wylin' out, and getting into trouble.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21more "ethnic" than the afro-canadian cast members??? greek??? italian??? asian???b, 21what's up w/ that???

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    You thought Joey was the most ethnic looking person on the show? lolb, 21b, 21And an edge? They were dealing with topics dealing with youths like drugs, child abuse, teenage pregnancy, homosexuality, trading kisses for votes HAHA, etc long before most.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21A certain well known Canadian Producer/DJ (That a few Strutters know IRL) dated someone from DJH for many years. She was much nicer IRL than her character.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21And yeah... Here in Canada. Many schools used to play episodes in classes. It was their versions of PSA's. I remember Grade 6 had to watch 1 episode ever week for a year.
    b, 21
    b, 21But I grew up on the 3 Degrassi Series.
    b, 21
    b, 21The Kids of Degrassi Street
    b, 21Degrassi Junior High
    b, 21Degrassi High
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21Was it that Caitlin chick? b, 21object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1b, 21b, 21I always hoped she would get some sort of hormone burst and turn all slutty. I would have hit that, if I went to Degrassi.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21edge is kid getting HIV, young teen getting attacked by a popstar, teenage pregnancy, LSD use, jumping off bridges, long lost dad coming out of the woodwork, parents dying, school burning down... degrassi had all of that and more. pre-HBO dayz mang...
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Yeah, it did have all these things, but it still was lacking something. Like it was always cloudy in the episodes, and it just seemed dreary. (Canadian) b, 21It was definitely no "Saved By The Bell", or "90210", I mean who cares about real issues, when you got those shows. b, 21b, 21b, 21Also with the exception of the ocassional black dude in back, or arab lookin dude in the back, b, 21Joey Jerimiah was the most ethnic lookin' lead dude. And it was accentuated by the fact that he wore hats all the time. b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/emil.gif" alt="" 21

• Sweet Valley High 1

• don't forget yick...b, 21img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/autumnjane/degrassi old/yick.jpg"1b, 21b, 21or scooter...b, 21img src="http://characters.degrassi.ca/djh/scooter.jpg"1b, 21b, 21or bronco (rasta belt star)...b, 21b, 21or tim (tracy chapman???)...

• tief...b, 21img src="http://www.younglovers.com.au/images/photo/degrassi-lucy-fernandez.gif"1b, 21b, 21*i once sat behind pat m. (aka joey) at a movie back in the day (nightmare on elm street part III, 1987). he was wearing a beret and my homies and i were clowning him...

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    The show was very conscious of being ethnically diverse. I don't think you've paid enough attention.b, 21b, 21All things considered the show was far from safe. Every single episode attacked a seemingly controversial issue. Considering its date and audience it was very edgy.b, 21b, 21Caitlin's "song" on the "Degrassi Talks" shorts was the definition of mid-80s pop burn-out.

• i loved yik!! Was such a cutie!!b, 21b, 21Who saw the actual movie?? i just remember joey was still with caitlyn and then he cheated on her with tessa capineli! And wheels was getting into the booze and started drink driving and had lucy in his car and crashed and she ended up in a wheelchair.....b, 21b, 21as a kid the show was for sure a psa......never done lsd and initially i think part of the reason was that degrassi ep!! oh my!! ahahhahahahhaha.....

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21And exactly what ethnicity was he suppose to be anyway?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21a href="http://imageshack.us"1img src="http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/9969/picardashamedcy0.jpg" border="0" alt="Image Hosted by ImageShack.us"21/a1b,21

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Remember when 'Lucy' popped up in a Kish video?b, 21b, 21Let me back up, remember Kish?

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21Let me back up, remember Kish?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21kish is a ok (esp. "jim class", k-4ce guest, k-cut prod)... but what about gowan???b, 21b, 21"moonlight desires" vs. degrassi at the gymnasium dance??? img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ctix4ad.gif" alt="" 21

• IFBIFB 29 Posts
    friends of mine made this a few years back, pure jokes img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/green30sv.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21Paid Jah - Degrassi Luv 2002 b, 21object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="335" height="28" id="divplaylist"1param name="movie" value="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=4108398-9e0" 21embed src="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=4108398-9e0" width="335" height="28" name="divplaylist" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"1/embed1/object1