DJ Day Appreciation

Comments

• respect to Dj Day!!!

• Day has always been that dude. He's always been incredibly gracious with his knowledge and humble about his talent. His music captures something that so much of music has lost..soul. Thank you Day! b, 21b, 21I wrote this in a review about him awhile back and it sticks..b, 21b, 21"He's one of those rare dj's/producers who are both technically skilled and blessed with a real talent for what feels and sounds good. At the end of the day, he makes people music. It sounds simple, but it's a rare quality these days."

• Wow thanks man. I really dig the marvin remix too.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I'm a img src="http://www.lakewoodconferences.com/direct/dbimage/10220444/FE_Series_Floor_Powerful_Electric_Fan.jpg"1 b, 21b, 21that marvin shit sounds mad chill!b, 21b, 21keep up the good work.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21I put together a likkle zip folder of various things I've done as a thank you to you guys. Some were on 7", some were never released and some you've probably heard before. The PUTS & Badu remix is in there too.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Thanks!

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21I put together a likkle zip folder of various things I've done as a thank you to you guys. Some were on 7", some were never released and some you've probably heard before. The PUTS & Badu remix is in there too.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21DUDE.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21DUDE.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Real Dude Moves???

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    HERE HERE!!!b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/88.gif" alt="" 21

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Ya know, he played me something over the phone once that sounded dope. over the phone. I mean the phone quality did not diminish its dopeness, which is tough to pull off. And he is a hell of a guy, always down to hang out.b, 21b, 21We kicked it at the Red Fox Room and listened to standards at the piano bar. How down can you get? And he introduced me to that pink elephant delirium shit too... which i have to admit I haven't had since I was there, but I do think about it!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21All live 2 tables/ipod effector 3000 & Ser.ato
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoa.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/melt.gif" alt="" 21

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I might finish it
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21such a tease!b, 21b, 21"d(ay)ude"

• Thanks for the songs!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    a great musician!!

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    b, 21Whoa, very much looking forward to listening to these files and the mix.b, 21b, 21b, 21The only person I'm appreciating on the Strut more right now is the lady in OST's avatar.

• Day is that dude.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Real Dude Moves???
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Big ups to day, all those tracks are hard as fusk. b, 21b, 21Marvin 7" copped!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    When I met Day he was pretty quiet and very humble. No doubt the guy has skillz and even without his music makes this board great.b, 21b, 21b, 21Now someone give me a link where I can purchase the Marvin track. Preferably where Day get's money for it. I don't care if it's a tangible product or an MP3.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21When I met Day he was pretty quiet and very humble. No doubt the guy has skillz and even without his music makes this board great.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21Now someone give me a link where I can purchase the Marvin track. Preferably where Day get's money for it. I don't care if it's a tangible product or an MP3.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I copped through Turn Table Lab. I also found that he had a track on a Tittsworth 12" I didn't know about, so I picked that up too.

• my teenage boy was getting into trouble. day's music taught him to be a man.b, 21b, 21b, 21he also has great taste in coats.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21All live 2 tables/ipod effector 3000 & Ser.ato
    b, 21
    b, 21
    /a1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoa.gif" alt="" 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/melt.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Damn dude. This mix just made me realize what I'm doing is pure bullshit.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I need this "Water no get enemy" remix in my life, STAT!!!

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Damien makes normal dudes shrug their shoulders and say "whats the point?"

• i ride/b1 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/green30sv.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21(and occasionally pester D on the pm re: making an album)

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I've made him eat some rather strange things, and he has on the most part been down. PASUE....

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Day:

Dude, this is killing me - what version of "What's Going On" are you working with? I thought it was one of the alt. versions off the deluxe CD set but it doesn't match any of those.

Motown-Vault-Raer?

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Day is that dude.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Real Dude Moves???

Big ups to day, all those tracks are hard as fusk.

Marvin 7" copped!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Day:

Dude, this is killing me - what version of "What's Going On" are you working with? I thought it was one of the alt. versions off the deluxe CD set but it doesn't match any of those.

Motown-Vault-Raer?

It is from the "MultiTrack Masters - Marvin Gaye" which were posted/shared here months ago.

• http://soundcloud.com/iamdjday

"Kossa" and "Soarr" are awesome. No DL makes me sad though. Are these coming out on something?