The Room (Bad Movie-R)

124»

Comments

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Don't they say, love is blind?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Man, my girlfriend almost made me turn it off after the three sex scenes in the first thirty minutes but now she is telling all of her friends about it.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    So where did this dude get the $6M to finance this film?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Man, my girlfriend almost made me turn it off after the three sex scenes in the first thirty minutes but now she is telling all of her friends about it.

ANOTHER WINNER!

For real though, those sex scenes were just terrible. I think we just FFed through them b/c they were 1) boring and 2) BLEAH.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    So where did this dude get the $6M to finance this film?

Yeah, and where was the other $5,800,000 spent? From the look the clips, those dollars did not make it to the screen.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

ANOTHER WINNER!

For real though, those sex scenes were just terrible. I think we just FFed through them b/c they were 1) boring and 2) BLEAH.

She kept on asking if it was some Cinemax schitt.

Went to screening this weekend with my girl and some friends, and let me just say O-D*b, thanks for hipping me to this.

Seeing it in the theater with the superfans is a whole different experience, and I highly recommend it....

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Saw it and can understand the appeal but you guys are some gluttons for punishment. Shit is so awful! I'd rather watch a bad movie with some production value. The football scenes were LOLcats though, hope dude bounces back from that injury -- in fact two injuries during ball play, but Denny came out of the drug dealer incident unscathed.

Is this DVD getting repressed? Otherwise, I am snagging the copy one of my lady's friends borrowed her from work and putting it on eBay sometime before Christmas.

Went to screening this weekend with my girl and some friends, and let me just say O-D*b, thanks for hipping me to this.

Seeing it in the theater with the superfans is a whole different experience, and I highly recommend it....

Where did you see a screening? I still have yet to see this in the theater and want to catch one of the midnight shows.

Where did you see a screening? I still have yet to see this in the theater and want to catch one of the midnight shows.

Caught it in the East Village, line around the block, mad NYC superfans out on the street in tuxedos, tossing footballs with ties wrapped around their heads. My girl was really on some wtf shit, but once we were inside, we were poppin open beers, they handed out spoons and we all laughed our asses off.

Here's some incredibly terrible quality video I took with my blackberry of David Cross conducting a Q&A as Tommy Wisseau before the show. Funny lines include "Tennessee Williams is one of my biggest defenders" and "Oh hi Denny, this is my friend Denny who definitely doesn't have a drug problem." O, more screenings here.

Where is the spoon scene? I never bothered to look that hard but I thought it'd be super obvious.

There's a framed picture of a spoon on the table behind them pretty much every time they are in the living room. It looks like a stock photo that came with the frame. Pretty bizarre reference I definitely missed watching with people at home, but once you spot it, its definitely a fun reason to throw handfuls of plastic spoons in a theater...

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Where is the spoon scene? I never bothered to look that hard but I thought it'd be super obvious.

From what I've read, you're supposed to yell "Spoon!" and throw spoons every time the random painting of a spoon makes an appearance, which seems to be quite often.

God, I need to see this.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

Caught it in the East Village, line around the block, mad NYC superfans out on the street in tuxedos, tossing footballs with ties wrapped around their heads. My girl was really on some wtf shit, but once we were inside, we were poppin open beers, they handed out spoons and we all laughed our asses off.

Here's some incredibly terrible quality video I took with my blackberry of David Cross conducting a Q&A as Tommy Wisseau before the show. Funny lines include "Tennessee Williams is one of my biggest defenders" and "Oh hi Denny, this is my friend Denny who definitely doesn't have a drug problem." O, more screenings here.

Yea they do this in LA too - it's become a cult classic but a lot of people still aren't knowing. It could very well be Rocky Horror of shit cinema. My friend went to go see it for the first time at The NuArt on Santa Monica and said people were screaming out all the lines, etc. Not only was the billboard on Highland for like 6 years, but they were showing commercials for this on cable in LA up until about 3 years ago. Bizarre.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but Tim and Eric's "Awesome Show Great Job" did a special episode guest directed by the director of The Room, their favorite movie.

Season 4 Episode 5

Pure Genius.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    guest directed by the director of The Room ...
    Pure Genius.

THE GENIUS HAS A NAME
    PLEASE USE IT

• Spotted in traffic today:

So bummed that Tommy Wiseau wasn't at the wheel.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Better late than never:

[email=http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/547307]The Room: The Game[/email]

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Bomp

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    they did midnight screenings of 'the room' out here once a week for a few months. the opening night was good as they loaded everyone up with free beer and pizza. it was truly a memorable movie experience. highly recommended in a cinema if you have the chance!