The Room (Bad Movie-R)

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    They're running this steaming pile of monkey crap on Cartoon Network.

AWESOME.

Everyone must watch!

Are they running it all day? If I had known this earlier, I would've set the ol' TiVo before I left the house today.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Yeah, I really need to see this. I've read all the articles on it and between that and these clips, the hype for this film has risen to fever pitch in my private mindgarden. My wife has no interest in shit like this, so if anyone's starting up a viewing party in Chicago, holler at your boy.

Your wife will be MESMERIZED. Don't let the "it's so bad it's good" tag mislead her.

And trust me, your mindgarden ain't readee.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Yeah, I really need to see this. I've read all the articles on it and between that and these clips, the hype for this film has risen to fever pitch in my private mindgarden. My wife has no interest in shit like this, so if anyone's starting up a viewing party in Chicago, holler at your boy.

Your wife will be MESMERIZED. Don't let the "it's so bad it's good" tag mislead her.

And trust me, your mindgarden ain't readee.

I don't know. I'm not like a giant LOLcat fan, but I chuckle at them. I showed her some and she was not getting it. "That's what they're saying? Why is it all misspelled?" Totally overthinking it.

She can be in the room when I watch it, but there's gotta be other people there.
    If she doesn't appreciate it, she'll have to step to the side and let me drink it in.

The thing is: if you like films and you have even the most basic understanding of storytelling, "The Room" is incredible because it violates the most basic logic of all those rules. It's the cinematic equivalent of walking on water.

For real, the people I know who like the film the best are involved in filmmaking. They treat "The Room" as this holy grail train wreck. ("Trolls 2" is often mentioned in the same breath on the same level).

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    there is a new doc about the making of "troll 2" called "worst movie ever".i've heard good things about it.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    The thing is: if you like films and you have even the most basic understanding of storytelling, "The Room" is incredible because it violates the most basic logic of all those rules. It's the cinematic equivalent of walking on water.

For real, the people I know who like the film the best are involved in filmmaking. They treat "The Room" as this holy grail train wreck. ("Trolls 2" is often mentioned in the same breath on the same level).

I went to film school, so that's part of why I'm so excited to see it. "Crossing the 180 degree line" is no doubt the least of dude's infractions.

My wife gets the "so bad it's good" thing in theory, but in practice I don't think she enjoys shit that way. The mysterious appearance of new characters is more likely to confuse rather than amuse. She's not really a big film person in general. She's always bored to tears when I get indie/arthouse films from Netflix. We watched Tropic Thunder on Saturday (a rare movie watching opportunity for me) and those fake trailer things at the beginning had her befuddled for like 5 minutes after the "real movie" began.

However, my hope is that The Room is so transcendent that it will open up this whole new world for her.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    27 minutes in and the 3rd sex scene. Denny is mad creepy.

27 minutes in and the 3rd sex scene. Denny is mad creepy.

For real.

"I just like to watch."

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I wanna hear some theories as to why this movie is called "The Room."

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    This was everything I hoped. Watched with some friends, all doubters converted. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

The dialog in the scene with the tuxedos was incredible...

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

"You look like a babyface [mumble, mumble]" Shit was hilarious! My 2nd fave scene out of the film.

And what were they wearing tuxes for? IT JUST MAKES NO SENSE!

"Oh, hey Mark."

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts

"You look like a babyface [mumble, mumble]" Shit was hilarious! My 2nd fave scene out of the film.

gigantic

I love when he sneaks out the living room after setting up his phone tap contraption, even though there's nobody home!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    wow, i must have driven past the poster for this on highland every day for like 3 years without knowing what it was.

I generally hate cult movie nerds though and blame them for ruining big lebowski and monty python for me.

I would probably watch this though.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    watch this though.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    re; "the room". GET DRUNK WHILE YOU WATCH IT! you may not make it other wise.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    "Oh, hey Mark."

Oh hey Johnny, I didn't recognize it was you.

Not to overanalyze it, but whats the deal with her pregnancy too? She told him that to make it more "interesting?" So she's just vindictive because....he's so boring??

IT JUST MAKES NO SENSE!

This movie is awesome becuase every character talks in Tommy Wiseau's voice.

Lover. Boy.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    And what were they wearing tuxes for? IT JUST MAKES NO SENSE!

"Oh, hey Mark."

I believe Denny mentioned that the wedding photos were going to turn out well, thus explaining the reason for the tuxes.

"Hi doggie!"

That football scene in which the other random dude (chocolate make-out guy with the spiky hair) gets rushed by Mark was laugh out loud funny as well.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    From that interview link:

"And I think that if you see The Room, it is going to open doors that you don???t want to have open, or it may give you a little red flag, like , that TWO IS BETTER THAN THREE. Right? You know what I???m saying?"

No, I don't really know what you are saying.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    We have people coming up to us and ??? don???t put this in your article, but just off the record, we have people come to me and say ???Oh its a black comedy! How many black people do you have in there???? and I say ???No!???

-Not that kind of black comedy.

No!

-Not literally black people.

lol

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

Well the idea, (pause) its such a vague word ???idea??? to be honest with you

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    That interviewer was pretty awesome.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    This dude is this William Hung of filmmaking.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i'm busting this out unannounced on my girlfriend tonight. wish me luck

i'm busting this out unannounced on my girlfriend tonight. wish me luck

You gotta give her some prep - she may not make it past that first lovemaking scene.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    she sprung some romantic comedy on me after i told her i would change my netflix password if something came in that i didn't like so this is revenge. i'm guessing alcohol would go well with this movie?

she sprung some romantic comedy on me after i told her i would change my netflix password if something came in that i didn't like so this is revenge. i'm guessing alcohol would go well with this movie?

can't hurt but it goes amazing well sober.

"Oh mom, you'll be fine!"

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I dont think its right that you guys are making fun of this retarded guy. Clearly he is mentally handicapped and actually tried to make a good movie.