Blagojevich

Comments

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21did you write this post prior to 2007? not only has deregulation sent us into the longest recession in our country's history, but our gop prez and treasury secretary are now giving out a trillion dollars to private enterprises.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21r to the o to the f to the l

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21 he plays bball with obama and looks like the dude running my fantasy bball league.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I'm sold where do I sign

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Lets look at the bright side, at least we live in a country where (almost) anyone can become a Senator or Vice President.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21your big money and corporate masters havent done a much better job.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Did fine by me.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Yeah you're SO AWESOME Mr. Law Firm Associate Guy! What an exciting and glamorous life. When you're not huffing partnercock, you're putting in some scintillating time doing research or writing a memo that will CHANGE THE WORLD! I hope your bonus is tiny this year and you get laid off in 2009.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21blagojevich is an asshole and this arrest came as no surprise
    b, 21
    b, 21whats esp funny is that i bet a dem gov & senator replace him and obama in this state, simply because the republican brand name is such poison from similar scandals -- our last governor, gov ryan, was brought down by the hired truck scandal -- licenses for bribes, where some trucker w/ a license he bought from the state fell asleep at the wheel and killed an entire family -- led directly to an investigation that went all the way up the chain and ended up throwing ryan in jail
    b, 21
    b, 21as far as current pols go im a big fan of alexi giannoulias, he plays bball with obama and looks like the dude running my fantasy bball league. keep an eye on him
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Harry Connick Jr runs your fantasy football league?

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Yay! More evidence that idiots will use to taint Obama. I was hoping that after this election we could move past his "associations". Fack....

• I don't think this will taint Obama if it was indeed Rahmbo Emmanuel who blew the whistle...

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Like I was saying above, I'm just wary of a drawn out scandal that, even if ultimately disproved, hangs over everything and just creates the impression of impropriety for people who aren't reading to closely or already have negative impressions. b, 21b, 21Didn't Jackson Jr have an official role in the Obama campaign?

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snapgraem26wuch9.gif" alt="" /1 I have the bad feeling that this whole thing is going to touch Obama or his advisors in a bad way.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    ughhhhh this sucks

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21your big money and corporate masters havent done a much better job.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Did fine by me.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Yeah you're SO AWESOME Mr. Law Firm Associate Guy! What an exciting and glamorous life. When you're not huffing partnercock, you're putting in some scintillating time doing research or writing a memo that will CHANGE THE WORLD! I hope your bonus is tiny this year and you get laid off in 2009.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snapgraem26wuch9.gif" alt="" /1

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Lesson learned: Beware of the Jacksonsb, 21b, 21They will threaten to cut your nuts off and steal your sh*t.b, 21b, 21img src="http://www.fiftyplusnorthantsadventureclub.org.uk/musical-chairs-06.jpg"1b, 21b, 21This should be a time when their familial efforts are celebrated.b, 21b, 21Bad looks abound!!

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    a href="http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/ConductUnbecoming/story?id=6431739&page=1" target="_blank"1ABC News: Sources Say Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. is 'Senate Candidate #5'
    /a1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohmyer1.gif" alt="" /1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snapgraem26wuch9.gif" alt="" /1 I have the bad feeling that this whole thing is going to touch Obama or his advisors in a bad way.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pasue23is.gif" alt="" /1b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21img src="http://www.lucasblog.com/archives/virgin1.jpg"1

• bigO has been distancing himself from bagojit for over a year. cordial relationship at best, but hardly tight. i say it dont touch him.b, 21b, 21what a cheeky cunt though...glad he ruined his life

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Looks like the wife was just as bad! b, 21b, 21a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/11/us/politics/11wife.html" target="_blank"1http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/11/us/politics/11wife.html/a1b, 21b, 21Dudes, what a royal clusterfuck.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    a href="http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/February-2008/Mr-Un-Popularity/index.php?cp=1&si=0#artanc" target="_blank"1http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/February-2008/Mr-Un-Popularity/index.php?cp=1&si=0#artanc/a1b, 21b, 21good article from earlier in the year -- dude was your basic nutcase w/ a personality disorder imo, reminds me of my boss at my old job down to the details

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I don't think this will taint Obama if it was indeed Rahmbo Emmanuel who blew the whistle...
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Actually, the opposite. It pretty much puts Obama in the clear. Rahm is gonna snitch out himself and/or the GOD? hells to the naw.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21blagojevich is an asshole and this arrest came as no surprise
    b, 21
    b, 21whats esp funny is that i bet a dem gov & senator replace him and obama in this state, simply because the republican brand name is such poison from similar scandals
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I lean hard toward Democratic but I was looking for any opportunity not to vote Blago for gov in 2006. But who did the Republicans nominate? Chain-smoking Judy Barr Topinka. The Republican party here in Illinois is beyond shambles. They have nobody. b, 21b, 21I remember watching the DNC on the day the delegate votes were tallied for Obama. As Hillary was exiting the floor, I kept my eye on Blago, who was sort of tagging along, trying to shake Hillary's hand. Everyone was ignoring him. It was embarrassing then, to say nothing of everything that has happened since.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I don't think this will taint Obama if it was indeed Rahmbo Emmanuel who blew the whistle...
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Actually, the opposite. It pretty much puts Obama in the clear. Rahm is gonna snitch out himself and/or the GOD? hells to the naw.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21There is a story in today's Chicago Tribune about Blago eying Rahm's seat as another cash-in. It's like 20 giant political scandals rolled into one.b, 21b, 21Dang -- just tried to find the article on the Trib's web site but couldn't. Shit is that messy. Insane.

• damn

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I'd like to see him cry in public right before his life goes totally to hell.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    dude is delusional -- cant see it happening

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    What bothers me is that Obama and Axelrod and Obama have both CLEARLY lied about their post-election meeting w/ Blagojevich. Axelrod admitted this on Fox in late November, without provocation. Obviously, there was some sort of meeting, as Valerie Jarrett's name wouldn't have been brought up as "Obama's choice" in the Blago tapes. Likewise on the 11/10 tapes, when Blago essentially gives "motherfui1[/i]cker" Obama the alibi of his lifetime. As other blogs have pointed out, Blago is Obama's best character witness in this matter - but ONLY if Obama admits to some (otherwise perfectly legal) meetings regarding the vacated senate seat. Why didn't Obama merely say: "we talked generally about the seat, but for god's sake, no offers were made." That's probably the truth. Why not admit it?b, 21b, 21Their cover-up begs the question, and the Righties are right to question this shit. Obama knew something at some time before this shit broke. I'm guessing 11/9 or 11/10, before the Blago MF explosion. The facts bear out that Obama and his closest people are clean, but they're still lying about this. And it's not like Fitzgerald, the only good guy in this shitstorm, won't be able to get Blago or his losers to spill facts in a month or so.b, 21b, 21img src="http://www.anorak.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/blagojevich-finger.jpg"1

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21What bothers me is that Obama and Axelrod and Obama have both CLEARLY lied about their post-election meeting w/ Blagojevich. Axelrod admitted this on Fox in late November, without provocation. Obviously, there was some sort of meeting, as Valerie Jarrett's name wouldn't have been brought up as "Obama's choice" in the Blago tapes. Likewise on the 11/10 tapes, when Blago essentially gives "motherfu
    i1[/i]cker" Obama the alibi of his lifetime. As other blogs have pointed out, Blago is Obama's best character witness in this matter - but ONLY if Obama admits to some (otherwise perfectly legal) meetings regarding the vacated senate seat. Why didn't Obama merely say: "we talked generally about the seat, but for god's sake, no offers were made." That's probably the truth. Why not admit it?
    b, 21
    b, 21Their cover-up beg the question, and the Righties are right to question this shit. Obama knew something at some time before this shit broke. I'm guessing 11/9 or 11/10, before the Blago MF explosion. The facts bear out that Obama and his closest people are clean, but they're still lying about this. And it's not like Fitzgerald, the only good guy in this shitstorm, won't be able to get Blago or his losers to spill facts in a month or so.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21A very telling move will be if Obama allows Fitzgerald to continue tearing up Chicago politicians or if he gives him a "promotion" to lessen the heat in Chi-Town.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21What bothers me is that Obama and Axelrod and Obama have both CLEARLY lied about their post-election meeting w/ Blagojevich. Axelrod admitted this on Fox in late November, without provocation. Obviously, there was some sort of meeting, as Valerie Jarrett's name wouldn't have been brought up as "Obama's choice" in the Blago tapes. Likewise on the 11/10 tapes, when Blago essentially gives "motherfu
    i1[/i]cker" Obama the alibi of his lifetime. As other blogs have pointed out, Blago is Obama's best character witness in this matter - but ONLY if Obama admits to some (otherwise perfectly legal) meetings regarding the vacated senate seat. Why didn't Obama merely say: "we talked generally about the seat, but for god's sake, no offers were made." That's probably the truth. Why not admit it?
    b, 21
    b, 21Their cover-up begs the question, and the Righties are right to question this shit. Obama knew something at some time before this shit broke. I'm guessing 11/9 or 11/10, before the Blago MF explosion. The facts bear out that Obama and his closest people are clean, but they're still lying about this. And it's not like Fitzgerald, the only good guy in this shitstorm, won't be able to get Blago or his losers to spill facts in a month or so.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21This part bothers me too but I guess we'll have to see what plays out.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21A very telling move will be if Obama allows Fitzgerald to continue tearing up Chicago politicians or if he gives him a "promotion" to lessen the heat in Chi-Town.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21If Obama fires or "promotes" Fitzgerald, shit is over. Dude's gonna find his clothes on our lawn and my burning campaign buttons and tees in the alley can.b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/f-u.gif" alt="" 21

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    cker" Obama the alibi of his lifetime. As other blogs have pointed out, Blago is Obama's best character witness in this matter - but ONLY if Obama admits to some (otherwise perfectly legal) meetings regarding the vacated senate seat. Why didn't Obama merely say: "we talked generally about the seat, but for god's sake, no offers were made." That's probably the truth. Why not admit it?b, 21b, 21Their cover-up begs the question, and the Righties are right to question this shit. Obama knew something at some time before this shit broke. I'm guessing 11/9 or 11/10, before the Blago MF explosion. The facts bear out that Obama and his closest people are clean, but they're still lying about this. And it's not like Fitzgerald, the only good guy in this shitstorm, won't be able to get Blago or his losers to spill facts in a month or so.b, 21b, 21img src="http://www.anorak.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/blagojevich-finger.jpg"1 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21can u link to where this has happened? everything ive read implies he never met with the gov

• a href="" target="_blank"1