font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21wasn't young jeezys debut pretty great?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Let's think 2008.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21yeah, i thought "a couple of years" could include 2005. anyway, can't think of any either.

• The Game LAX is my favorite of the year, production is incredibly solid and kinda feels like the natrual progression of the west coast sound plus that track w/ Raekwon fiya. b, 21b, 21I think Jeezy made a really nice album and although Wayne's joint was solid it was not his best...b, 21b, 21Snoops wasn't bad, "My Medicine" really through me for a loop and Q-Tips effort was pretty decent as well...b, 21b, 21but thats about it... i quit listening to underground isht..b, 21b, 21PS: i gotta check for Plies, E-40 and Scarface.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    A couple more great tunes from the album of the year.b, 21b, 21Plies - Make a Movieb, 21b, 21object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1b, 21b, 21Plies - Plenty money.b, 21b, 21object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1b, 21b, 21Plies - Co-Defendant.b, 21b, 21object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21Plies - Plenty money.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    object width="425" height="344"1
    param name="movie" value=""1
    /param1
    param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1
    /param1
    param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1
    /param1
    embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1
    /embed1
    /object1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/talib-doodoo.gif" alt="" 21

"Next month guess what? I'm buying rappers,I'm starting to feel sorry for you lil bastards"b, 21b, 21"I ain't fu2kin' with dat ho she a dick hacker"

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Plies is the worst pile of crap i've heard all year

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I don't think I'd ever willingly listen to a Plies track based on the damage he's already done to my ears... he's like Flo Rida

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21i like a lot of stuff that sounds like '96
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I was gonna say...b, 21b, 21That OJ Da Juiceman sounds like it could easily be 12+ years old.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Plies is the worst pile of crap i've heard all year
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I don't think I'd ever willingly listen to a Plies track based on the damage he's already done to my ears... he's like Flo Rida
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21finally some real talk on Plies.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    plies is wayyyy better than flo rida

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21PROJECT PAT VINDICATED!
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21dude when has pat not been dope?

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21plies is wayyyy better than flo rida
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21lol you gotta admit this is a pretty sad line of argument.b, 21b, 21if you're reduced to arguing that he sucks slightly less than another g-dawful excuse for a rappeur, then I think it's time to just admit he sucks.b, 21b, 21srsly I am surprised at the outpouring of enthusiasm in this thread for such a boring-ass rappeur as Plies. he's never spit a single remarkable line, he sounds like he's falling asleep on the mic, and his concepts are totally uninspired (I'm-sorry-mama track; ode-to-the-girl-I-wanna-bone track; etc). not even Ne-yo could make him sound good. b, 21b, 21what's the appeal again? srs question.b, 21b, 21(re Plies v. flo rida, plies has the "real" thing/goon thing going on and would prolly never appear in a gap ad. beyond that I'm not seeing a great difference in the level of quality of the music they put out).

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21The Game LAX is my favorite of the year, production is incredibly solid and kinda feels like the natrual progression of the west coast sound plus that track w/ Raekwon fiya.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I was thinking about The Game album(s) yesterday and it finally clicked about what I find fascinating and offputting about his music. It's the bravado mixed with a total lack of belief that he should be there so that, with his endless references to other songs and name dropping, he comes across more like a radio phone in winner who gets five hot minutes in a recording booth with a famous rapper than a multi million selling artist.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21his concepts are totally uninspired (I'm-sorry-mama track; ode-to-the-girl-I-wanna-bone track; etc).
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Yes I am so tired of all these unoriginal rappers who rhyme about their grandma's kidney machines. All day on the radio it's "kidney machine this" and "kidney machine that". When will the kidney machine era of rap come to an end?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21his concepts are totally uninspired (I'm-sorry-mama track; ode-to-the-girl-I-wanna-bone track; etc).
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Yes I am so tired of all these unoriginal rappers who rhyme about their grandma's kidney machines. All day on the radio it's "kidney machine this" and "kidney machine that". When will the kidney machine era of rap come to an end?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21And what about his record addressing mandatory sentencing? Did we really need another one of those?

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21 five hot minutes in a recording booth with a famous rapper
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21"Oh snap, the engineer just went on his lunch break. What are we going to do in this booth until he gets back?" img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pasue23is.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pasue23is.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pasue23is.gif" alt="" 21

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21lol you gotta admit this is a pretty sad line of argument.
    b, 21
    b, 21if you're reduced to arguing that he sucks slightly less than another g-dawful excuse for a rappeur, then I think it's time to just admit he sucks.
    b, 21
    b, 21srsly I am surprised at the outpouring of enthusiasm in this thread for such a boring-ass rappeur as Plies. he's never spit a single remarkable line, he sounds like he's falling asleep on the mic, and his concepts are totally uninspired (I'm-sorry-mama track; ode-to-the-girl-I-wanna-bone track; etc). not even Ne-yo could make him sound good.
    b, 21
    b, 21what's the appeal again? srs question.
    b, 21
    b, 21(re Plies v. flo rida, plies has the "real" thing/goon thing going on and would prolly never appear in a gap ad. beyond that I'm not seeing a great difference in the level of quality of the music they put out).
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21This poast makes me like him even more.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21When will the kidney machine era of rap come to an end?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif" alt="" 21

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Yes I am so tired of all these unoriginal rappers who rhyme about their grandma's kidney machines. All day on the radio it's "kidney machine this" and "kidney machine that". When will the kidney machine era of rap come to an end?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21What? The Cool Kidneys are gonna shut the game down in 2009.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21 plies has the "real" thing/goon thing going on
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21You answered your own question.b, 21b, 21The music is hard also.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I lumped Plies in w/Florida because I know them both only from their shitty R&B cuts that came on the radio all day every day for a long time... its just going to be hard for me to take him seriously at this point. If he's really that good I'll give him a chance eventually.

• I believe it was the one HarveyCanal who said "His speaking voice is music in and of itself."b, 21b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohmyer1.gif" alt="" 21

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I lumped Plies in w/Florida because I know them both only from their shitty R&B cuts that came on the radio all day every day for a long time... its just going to be hard for me to take him seriously at this point. If he's really that good I'll give him a chance eventually.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Although I realize pretty much all his songs are shitty becky fodder, I don't know of any necessarily R&B cuts by Flo-Rida that are popular. Shitty R&B duets is more the forte of Plies.b, 21b, 21b, 21Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas haaaaaaaaaaaaaaannninnnnnnn baaaaaaaaaaaaaabaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay?!

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21 Shitty R&B duets is more the forte of Plies.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21The only misstep on this album is the song with Ashanti.b, 21All the other R&B joints were cool,at least none of them were with auto-tune.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21And what about his record addressing mandatory sentencing? Did we really need another one of those?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21the one where he's talmbout crackers sentencing his friends yeah I heard that one. perhaps it's regional bias that I'm not feeling that one; all the DAs in SF are either black or Latino.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21lol you gotta admit this is a pretty sad line of argument.
    b, 21
    b, 21if you're reduced to arguing that he sucks slightly less than another g-dawful excuse for a rappeur, then I think it's time to just admit he sucks.
    b, 21
    b, 21srsly I am surprised at the outpouring of enthusiasm in this thread for such a boring-ass rappeur as Plies. he's never spit a single remarkable line, he sounds like he's falling asleep on the mic, and his concepts are totally uninspired (I'm-sorry-mama track; ode-to-the-girl-I-wanna-bone track; etc). not even Ne-yo could make him sound good.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21(re Plies v. flo rida, plies has the "real" thing/goon thing going on and would prolly never appear in a gap ad. beyond that I'm not seeing a great difference in the level of quality of the music they put out).
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21This poast makes me like him even more.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21what can I say; I'm a tastemakeur.b, 21b, 21(and just to keep score: we have one dude attributing Plies' appeal to his being "real" and one person attributing his appeal to my not feeling him. no word yet on whether his music is actually any good. stay tuned.)

object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1b, 21b, 21I dont care what anyone has to say about this joint.b, 21pure fire!!!,NoID is a fool for this one.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    object width="425" height="344"1
    param name="movie" value=""1
    /param1
    param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1
    /param1
    param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1
    /param1
    embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1
    /embed1
    /object1
    b, 21
    b, 21I dont care what anyone has to say about this joint.
    b, 21pure fire!!!,NoID is a fool for this one.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/talib-doodoo.gif" alt="" 21

The A/C wuk so we ain't gotta bun... b, 21b, 21Plies is a yardie?

Could be he has that yardman swag.