Monday Fun Facts

DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
I'm bored. Hit me with some strange but true ish. b, 21b, 21I'll start:b, 21b, 21The word "gullible" does not actually appear in Webster's or the Oford English Dictionary.

Comments

• Yesterday, I learned that the booth stats guy that I work with on Fox has the announcing card on his wall from the last call that John Madden and Pat Summerall ever made as an announcing team...b, 21b, 21The 48 Yard Adam Venitieri fieldgoal to win Super Bowl 36. He had Madden and Summerall sign it.b, 21b, 21That is f*cking awesome, if you ask me.

• Fact: the stacks loft stayed occupied all week & weekend long with said lady from last weeks post. b, 21b, 21img src="http://www.elimin8.net/flix/7k4fD_rainmakers.JPG"1b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/581.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21b, 21[if you're bumpin this in the tub, then just bathe]

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Fact: the stacks loft stayed occupied all week & weekend long with said lady from last weeks post.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21for those of us who came in late, what thread was this post in? and did you post it?

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I'm bored. Hit me with some strange but true ish.
    b, 21
    b, 21I'll start:
    b, 21
    b, 21The word "gullible" does not actually appear in Webster's or the Oford English Dictionary.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21The old song "Ten Commandments Of Love" only has nine commandments.b, 21b, 21O.V. Wright recorded his entire [i]Bottom Line/i1 album without his dentures, which would explain his odd slurred diction.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    the only American mentioned in Adolf Hitler's "Mein Kampf" is Henry Ford

• "s" is the most-used letter of the alphabet

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    On January 30, 2004, Alex Trebek escaped major injury after falling asleep behind the wheel of his pickup truck while driving alone on a rural road in the Central Coast town of Templeton, California. The truck sideswiped a string of mailboxes, flew 45 feet over an embankment, and came to rest against a utility pole in a ditch. Trebek was not cited for the accident and returned to work taping Jeopardy the following Tuesday.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Fact: the stacks loft stayed occupied all week & weekend long with said lady from last weeks post.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21for those of us who came in late, what thread was this post in? and did you post it?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21a href="http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=crates&Number=1235810&page=8&fpart=all" target="_blank"1http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=crates&Number=1235810&page=8&fpart=all/a1b, 21b, 21b, 21she stayed over again thursday night. friday night took her for diner steeze egg sammiches & then out to first friday.b, 21b, 21b, 21also, we both have a very unhealthy love for vodka.

• HEY FUNBOYS, GET A ROOM

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The state flower of Texas is the Bluebonnet. b, 21b, 21It WAS the yellow rose until the RIAA sued the state for copyright infringement.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21HEY FUNBOYS, GET A ROOM
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21LOOL...! german.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Buckwheat from Our Gang was originally a girl Played by the Stymies younger sister

• Roald Dahl wrote the screenplay to "You Only Live Twice" and also "The Smoker" where the guy bets people for their fingers.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    President Bush and Barbara Streisand kissed one another over the weekend.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Buckwheat from Our Gang was originally a girl Played by the Stymies younger sister
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21And its not true that Bill Cosby bought the rights to the Little Rascals.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/581.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21[if you're bumpin this in the tub, then just bathe]
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21IS THAT A DOMINOS PIZZA CUP???????b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/balla-22.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21b, 212 weekends= soon to be your steady girl i thinks!!b, 21 you can see it happening already from the angle at which you 2 are sitting in the room

• Guantanamerab, 21From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediab, 21b, 21For the 1995 movie, see Guantanamera (film). For the Cuban cigar brand, see Guantanamera (cigar brand).b, 21"Guantanamera" ("girl from Guant??namo") is perhaps the best known Cuban song and that country's most noted patriotic song.b, 21 b, 21The music for the song is regularly attributed to Jos?? Fern??ndez Diaz, known as Josel??to Fern??ndez [1], who claimed to have written it at various dates (consensus puts 1929 as its year of origin), and who used it regularly in one of his radio programs. Some researchers claim that the song's structure actually came from Wilson, could be credited as a co-composer. Garc??a's heirs took the matter to court decades later; Cuba's Supreme Court credited Fern??ndez as the sole composer of the music in 1993. Regardless of either claim, Fern??ndez can be safely claimed as being the first public promoter of the song, through his radio programs.b, 21b, 21The original lyrics to the song, as written by Jos?? Fern??ndez, relate to a particular woman from Guant??namo, with whom he had a romantic relationship, and who ??? if the lyrics are to be believed ??? eventually left him. The alleged real story behind these lyrics (or at least one of many versions of the song's origin that Fern??ndez suggested during his lifetime) is that she did not have a romantic interest in him, but merely a platonic one. If the details are to be believed, she had brought him a steak sandwich one day as a present to the radio station he worked at, he stared at some other woman (and made a pass at her) while eating the sandwich, and his friend yanked it out of his hands in disgust, cursed him and left. He never saw her again. These words are rarely sung today.b, 21The history behind the chorus and its lyrics ("Guantanamera ??? / Guajira Guantanamera ???") is quite similar to this one: Garc??a was at a street corner with a group of friends, and made a courteous pass (a "piropo", in Spanish) to a woman (who also happened to be from Guant??namo) who walked by the group, and answered back rather harshly, offended by the pass. Stunned, he could not take his mind off her reaction while his friends made fun of him; later that day, sitting at a piano his friends next to him, he wrote the song's main refrain.b, 21b, 21Given the song's musical structure, which fits A-B-A-B (sometimes A-B-B-A) octosyllabic verses, the Guantanamera lent itself from the beginning to impromptu verses, improvised on the spot, similar to what happens with the Mexican folk classic, La Bamba. Fern??ndez's first use of the song was precisely this; he would comment on daily events on his radio program by adapting them to the song's melody, and then using the song as a show closer. Through this use, the Guantanamera became a popular vehicle for romantic, patriotic, humorous, or social commentary lyrics, in Cuba and elsewhere in the Spanish speaking world.b, 21b, 21The better known "official" lyrics are based on the first stanza of the first poem of the collection "Versos Sencillos" (Simple Verses) by Cuban nationalist poet and independence hero Jos?? Mart??, as adapted by Juli??n Orb??n. Word has it that Orb??n considered Mart??'s poems as fitting, and thus dignifying, to such a popular song. Given Mart??'s significance to the Cuban people, the use of his poem in the song virtually elevated it to unofficial anthem status in the country.b, 21b, 21In the original lyrics, the author referred to a "guajira guantanamera" (a peasant girl from Guant??namo), but since the song itself is structured as a guajira (the Cuban rhythm, named after Cuban peasants), some people (erroneously) think that the chorus refers to the song' itself (or, rather, its rhythmic structure), and not to an individual. In other words, the words are interpreted as an introduction to a "guajira, Guant??namo-style". This has essentially guaranteed that the chorus' lyrics still be used to this day, as evidenced by their use along with the (seemingly) unrelated Mart?? verses.[citation needed]

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21IS THAT A DOMINOS PIZZA CUP???????
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21i don't trust her with my anchor steam glasses on the carpet as of yet.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21IThe word "gullible" does not actually appear in Webster's or the Oford English Dictionary.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Alright, be honest???who among you actually looked this up?

• Options
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21i don't trust her with my anchor steam glasses on the carpet as of yet.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21How about seating the lady on the couch and putting the glasses on the table?

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21How about seating the lady on the couch and putting the glasses on the table?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21it doesn't matter where you sit when you're having fun with someone you like img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yaoming.gif" alt="" 21

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21IThe word "gullible" does not actually appear in Webster's or the Oford English Dictionary.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Alright, be honest???who among you actually looked this up?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I trust you implicitly

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21How about seating the lady on the couch and putting the glasses on the table?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21it doesn't matter where you sit when you're having fun with someone you like
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yaoming.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21That is beautiful man...b, 21b, 21b, 21it doesn't matter where you sit when you're having fun with someone you like b, 21b, 21h, 21font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21Simply the truth.b, 21b, 21I told you she goin be yer gurlllllll mad soon.....

• HeddyHeddy 131 Posts
    No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.

• you trying to say that "yurple" isn't a word?

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21The word "gullible" does not actually appear in Webster's or the Oford English Dictionary.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21i see what you did there. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif" alt="" 21

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21i see what you did there.
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I so wanted someone to look it up. If someone did, I may have jizzed in my pants.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/581.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21[if you're bumpin this in the tub, then just bathe]
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/balla-22.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 212 weekends= soon to be your steady girl i thinks!!
    b, 21 you can see it happening already from the angle at which you 2 are sitting in the room
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21PLUS, SHE'S LOOKIN' GOOD IN THEM BOOTS...b, 21b, 21b,1a href="http://www.myspaceantics.com/image-myspace-graphic/funny-pictures/id-hit-that-3-times.jpg.html" title="Click Image to add"1img src="http://www.myspaceantics.com/images/myspace-graphics/funny-pictures/id-hit-that-3-times.jpg" border="0" alt="id hit that 3 times " 21/a1 b,1 a href="http://www.myspaceantics.com" target="_blank"1/a1

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/NO.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21Assonance

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    I got Killa Cam on line 2 and he says purple rhymes with purple so technically you're wrong.b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21A fat guy told me bats always enter and exit a cave at the left hand side.