Paper Cuts!

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Motherfucker!b, 21b, 21b, 21OUCH!!b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/freeway.gif" alt="" 21

Comments

• i know that book. hmmmm....b, 21b, 21hahaha

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21i know that book. hmmmm....
    b, 21
    b, 21hahaha
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Classique

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    Horror Story Time:b, 21b, 21I was once organizing a stack of 11x17's on a low table while bending over and accidentally paper-cutted myself in the eyeball. No shit.

• corsiccorsic oakland, ca 232 Posts
    Ahh, that's terrible. b, 21b, 21Mine's definitely not as bad, but it hurt. A coworker was grabbing a piece of paper from me that I was holding between my fingers and sliced right between my fingers.b, 21b, 21And that scene in jackass where they're doing the paper cuts. Painful.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Horror Story Time:
    b, 21
    b, 21I was once organizing a stack of 11x17's on a low table while bending over and accidentally paper-cutted myself in the eyeball. No shit.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/melt.gif" alt="" 21

• had one on my tongue once. didn't care for it much.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Did a five year bid @ Kinkos. Paper cuts: img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/f-u.gif" alt="" 21

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Horror Story Time:
    b, 21
    b, 21I was once organizing a stack of 11x17's on a low table while bending over and accidentally paper-cutted myself in the eyeball. No shit.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21What the F*ck?b, 21b, 21Did your eyeball ooze gelatinous goop that ran down your cheek into your mouth and you tasted it and it was salty?b, 21b, 21Do you have a scar on your eyeball that impairs your vision so now you cant see straight in front of yourself like a rhinoceros?b, 21b, 21Did it hurt so f*ckin bad that your eye watered, but the saltiness of your tears made it hurt more so you were trapped in a loop of sheer agony?b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/melt.gif" alt="" 21 b, 21b, 21Thats your eye.

• Man, I hate papercuts. When I'm reading a book or magazine I constantly fear getting a papercut. I think my fear of them became irrational after I saw the scene in the Jackass movie where they intentionally give themselves papercuts. I had no problem watching them do all sorts of gross shit, but that scene with papercuts between the toes and on the tongue and all that? EWWW, couldn't keep watching it.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Manilla folder > Manilla envelope > regular paper.

• I was pulling a dead plant in our backyard once and it had a long blade like leaf, but it was dried up. I thought it would just come out, but it stuck and gave me a huge paper-cut-like cut. It hurt pretty bad.

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21What the F*ck?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Yeah!b, 21b, 21/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21Did your eyeball ooze gelatinous goop that ran down your cheek into your mouth and you tasted it and it was salty?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21No, I cut it from the edge of the outside to right before my retina. My doctor said I was incredibly fortunate that I didn't cut my retina. Apparently it just cut a medium amount into the white part of the ball from the outside in.b, 21b, 21/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21Do you have a scar on your eyeball that impairs your vision so now you cant see straight in front of yourself like a rhinoceros?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Nope, since it didn't hit the retina. It healed over the next two weeks. No damage to peripheral or depth perception, everything's fine. However I couldn't really open it for a few days afterwards which made driving rather difficult.b, 21b, 21/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21Did it hurt so f*ckin bad that your eye watered, but the saltiness of your tears made it hurt more so you were trapped in a loop of sheer agony?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Yes. My eyes watered constantly for a few days, and whenever I opened my eye it would sting like crazy until it started to heal better. I totally have much more empathy for pirates who operate with the patch on the regular. b, 21b, 21/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/melt.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21Thats your eye.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Pretty much. Worst thing about it was I had to drive myself to the hospital, since I couldn't find a ride. So I had to one-eye stumble into the parking ramp. When I went to go pay the fee for the ramp they wouldn't take cash or check so I had to go park again, walk around for an ATM, get cash, go pay them again and then drive myself to the doctor with one eye. b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/WHYMUSTICRY.gif" alt="" 21

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Manilla folder 1 Manilla envelope 1 regular paper.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Manilla folder 1 Manilla envelope 1 regular paper.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    object width="425" height="344"1
    param name="movie" value=""1
    /param1
    param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1
    /param1
    param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1
    /param1
    embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1
    /embed1
    /object1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21DB Cooper, is that you?b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bf2e70d8.gif" alt="" 21

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Hey I find that a Dot of SuperGlue works like a dream in these situations. b, 21Kills and Seals, you can stop bleeding on some relatively large gashes too. Anbesol works as well but wears off pretty quick. It works especially well for me because I tend bar and am sticking my hands in limes and stuff.

• Anybody else ever get a paper cut and not even realize it until later? A few months back I somehow cut my thumb but I don't know when it happened. All I know is I was on my computer and looked at my thumb and saw a cut... The cut was so clean and straight it had to be a paper cut, but the damn thing was deep enough that I could pull apart the two sides of the cut and see in there. It was just deep enough that I could pull the sides apart but not deep enough for it to bleed. It was the damndest thing.