Mistresses--Who are you sleeping on?

Comments

• Not quite!! I think she dated a bee gee.....but in australia, in that day, i don't know too many mothers who didn't!!owwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!hahaha!!awwwwwww...sad...

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Not quite!! I think she dated a bee gee.....but in australia, in that day, i don't know too many mothers who didn't!!owwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!hahaha!!awwwwwww...sad...
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Ben Gordon?

• let me see if i got this right:b, 21selina is about to hookup with batmon or luscious foxb, 21odub is a swingerb, 21reynaldo is a freakb, 21and kala frowns on affairs with big girlsb, 21b, 21b, 21for real though, all due respect to monogamy, but i'm with o. its not a natural thing...why would infidelity happen so much? state of nature, survival of species probably depends on males spreading their genes far and wide to make a nice diverse gene pool. females see to the growth of the offspring. isnt this the case with most animals? b, 21b, 21marriage and monogamy may just be a construct to ensure social stability, but its telling pubescent kids not to hink about sex and to embrace abstinence....its asking you to go against the very grain of nature

• I met my current lady when I was f*cking around on the last one. And wouldn't go behind this one's back. b, 21b, 21Affairs are too much work. Even as the boredom sets in, it just seems like it ain't worth it these days. Leave it for the young kids.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Haha. Yeah, i'd talked to him about doing that a while back. It'd be better for both of us (except for the moolie to set up in nyc factor), its cheaper and quicker to get to him than where i am at the mo.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21My rent is cheaper than BATMON's.
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/balla-22.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif" alt="" 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif" alt="" 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif" alt="" 21 But i think we worked out he cooks nicer food?? Whoever was cooking the steak, that's where i'll be.
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/know.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icegrill.gif" alt="" 21

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21FESS UP O-DUB. I KNOW ABOUT YOUR AFTERNOON ESCAPADES AT THE WAREHOUSE ON PICO BLVD...
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21The images that phrase conjures is too distasteful even for my perverse mind.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21So are just you saying it's unrealistic that someone who is married will not [i]want
    /i1 to f*ck other people?
    b, 21
    b, 21Or are you going further and saying that it is unrealistic that they will actually refrain from following through with their desires?
    b, 21
    b, 21b/w
    b, 21
    b, 21I think the most interesting question that follows from the points you made above is how we ended up valuing monogamy so much to begin with. We've put these "unrealistic" bounds on each at least since the beginning of recorded history, and probably long before that. How did we first get on to this idea of monogamy, anyway? (the experiment on mice I linked above would say it actually [i]is
    /i1 nature)
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 211) I'm saying both - it's unrealistic to think that people in monogamous relationships have no desire for others and it's also unreasonable, in my opinion, to bind people to a commitment which is do-orand-die. b, 21b, 21I think abstinence-only is unrealistic and unreasonable as well and in religious terms, abstinence is often taught as a social contract with your future partner; it's like cheating on your future spouse by sleeping with someone you're not married to since sex is only acceptable within a marriage context. Monogamy, with or without the institution of marriage attached, isn't that different of a contract. People can try to make it work, many actually do, but it raises a reasonable question: why is it so important to begin with (STDs aside)?b, 21b, 21Most of the rationales that could be given are more or less premised on the fact that monogamy is already a social norm but that's circular logic. I think the reason why non-monogamy is so destructive is mostly because we hold onto a belief in it that doesn't allow for any option BUT to be destructive.b, 21b, 212) To address the second part of your post would require some kind of anthropological knowledge that I don't possess but just as monogamy has a long history, so does polyamory. History may explain how monogamy as been rationalized over time but that doesn't actually make it, per se, rational today.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21 Loving my wife doesn't make me any less attracted to other women and that attraction, from my perspective, has nothing to do with finding my wife any less attractive or desirable or the person I want to be with in life.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Odub - Just curious, do you share these thoughts with your wife? If so, I see that as about as rationale and honest as a relationship can get.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21 Loving my wife doesn't make me any less attracted to other women and that attraction, from my perspective, has nothing to do with finding my wife any less attractive or desirable or the person I want to be with in life.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Odub - Just curious, do you share these thoughts with your wife? If so, I see that as about as rationale and honest as a relationship can get.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21There's a difference between honesty and tact. I don't go around informing her of women I find sexually attractive. But do we have frank discussions about sex and fidelity? Absolutely. And it's certainly made our partnership stronger for it. Especially as parents of a young child, sexuality is far more of a luxury than necessity even though, realistically speaking, it should be treated as the other way around. At least by talking about it, we're checking in with one another about the state of our marriage in general. b, 21b, 21And just so folks don't get it twisted: I don't cheat on my wife nor have ever made plans to. I don't find monogamy to be a burden in the same way I find fatherhood or paying the bills to be a burden. But philosophically speaking, I also don't find monogamy to be a terribly rational practice either and, as a whole, find it to cause as many problems as it supposedly solves. b, 21b, 21BTW, it's pretty interesting to hear how monogamy gets discussed in the queer community; it's never held the same death-grip aside from concerns (legitimate ones) over STDs.

• "Honey, can I hang a nude photo of Megan Fox near the flatscreen?"

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21"Honey, can I hang a nude photo of Megan Fox near the flatscreen?"
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21For real, Megan Fox's, um, foxiness, is seriously undermined by her choice of partner. b, 21b, 21img src=http://www.961thebeat.com/cc-common/mlib/1799/06/1799_1213880387.jpg1

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21"Honey, can I hang a nude photo of Megan Fox near the flatscreen?"
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21For real, Megan Fox's, um, foxiness, is seriously undermined by her choice of partner.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21That is true. But on the flipside, you could take it as, "Well, if she'd go with that choadsmoker, anybody's got a chance!"

• I'm feelin' that Sea Foam-Green Argyle sweater.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I'm feelin' that Sea Foam-Green Argyle sweater.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I'm too distracted by that ridiculous dragon tattoo to appreciate his taste in pastel sweaters.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I feel they are at each other's level in the attractive department. There are dozens of these medium-to-hot wings couples in suburban malls during the week and in the club district on the weekends.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I feel they are at each other's level in the attractive department. There are dozens of these medium-to-hot wings couples in suburban malls during the week and in the club district on the weekends.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/know.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21Bland

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21So are just you saying it's unrealistic that someone who is married will not [i]want
    /i1 to f*ck other people?
    b, 21
    b, 21Or are you going further and saying that it is unrealistic that they will actually refrain from following through with their desires?
    b, 21
    b, 21b/w
    b, 21
    b, 21I think the most interesting question that follows from the points you made above is how we ended up valuing monogamy so much to begin with. We've put these "unrealistic" bounds on each at least since the beginning of recorded history, and probably long before that. How did we first get on to this idea of monogamy, anyway? (the experiment on mice I linked above would say it actually [i]is
    /i1 nature)
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 212) To address the second part of your post would require some kind of anthropological knowledge that I don't possess but just as monogamy has a long history, so does polyamory. History may explain how monogamy as been rationalized over time but that doesn't actually make it, per se, rational today.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b1I love how people on here don't read all posts and continually ask the same question that was answered from an anthropological perspective. Monogamy, from current biological anthro. research seems to stem from the idea that you (as a man) need to watch over your genetic progeny. If not, "survival" points to the distinct possibility that the next man to get with "your" woman will bump off your progeny and start fresh on his own children with his genetic material and his "current" woman focusing on caring for his DNA. Since humans do not have litters, focus on making each kid "count" is extremely important. Staying monogamous greatly increases the likelihood that your genes will live on. We live in a postmodern world, where sex is primarily considered enjoyment versus impregnating women or solidifying social bonds. Monogamy is closely linked to the care of children, so if that isn't your aim, nature says "pipe on." /b1

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b1I love how people on here don't read all posts and continually ask the same question that was answered from an anthropological perspective.
    /b1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21You mean this? b, 21b, 21"Monogamy is so next man don't waste your kid and "start fresh."b, 21b, 21I saw it the first time but it didn't really say much, literally.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b1I love how people on here don't read all posts and continually ask the same question that was answered from an anthropological perspective.
    /b1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21You mean this?
    b, 21
    b, 21"Monogamy is so next man don't waste your kid and "start fresh."
    b, 21
    b, 21I saw it the first time but it didn't really say much, literally.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I guess the initial post could be seen as funnin', but it the truth.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hi,b, 21b, 21First of all, I must say I love f*ckin'!!! img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/freeway.gif" alt="" 21 But with that said, I must say I love my wife MORE than f*ckin' around, so I have and will remain monogamous. Now before marriage, I got around and whatnot, even servin' as "the other guy" on occasion with a couple of married women and one who was engaged. I'm not proud of such behavior (given my religious upbringing, but I was the "Black Sheep," so I digress) and suffice it to say that being married sheds a different light on the subject, leading me to think of how I'd feel it if happened to me. I could never imagine cheating on my wife though since I've been married, it seems like the femmes want to give me MORE holler. It just takes discipline and devotion to "Walk on By."b, 21b, 21Peace,b, 21b, 21Big Stacks from Kakalak

I always heard that a wedding ring is a panty stimulant.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I always heard that a wedding ring is a panty stimulant.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21It sure is.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21It sure is.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21[i]*Opens Batdrawer filled with wedding bands and gently twists and turns one between his fingers/i1

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21It sure is.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21One of life's tragic ironies.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21It sure is.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21[i]*Opens Batdrawer filled with wedding bands and gently twists and turns one between his fingers
    /i1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21hahahab, 21b, 21I still have mine and wore it for a minute after the wife was gone.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Take them kids and raise enm up.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21It sure is.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21[i]*Opens Batdrawer filled with wedding bands and gently twists and turns one between his fingers
    /i1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21hahaha
    b, 21
    b, 21I still have mine and wore it for a minute after the wife was gone.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Jackpot! img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/balla-22.gif" alt="" 21

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21It sure is.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21One of life's tragic ironies.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21To quote Alec Baldwin from "The Departed":b, 21b, 21"Marriage is an important part of getting ahead. It lets people know you're not a homo. A married guy seems more stable. People see the ring, they think 'at least somebody can stand the son of a bitch.' Ladies see the ring, they know immediately that you must have some cash, and your cock must work."

• I would like to hear some real Mistress stories. b, 21b, 21Secretary steez???

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21It sure is.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21One of life's tragic ironies.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21To quote Alec Baldwin from "The Departed":
    b, 21
    b, 21"Marriage is an important part of getting ahead. It lets people know you're not a homo. A married guy seems more stable. People see the ring, they think 'at least somebody can stand the son of a bitch.' Ladies see the ring, they know immediately that you must have some cash, and your cock must work."
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21And therein lies the rub on the last part, at least for Matt Damon's character. b, 21b, 21To paraphrase Marvin Gaye:b, 21b, 21"Got to get it up." b, 21b, 21Or else, your lady might run off with Leo Dicaprio.