Happy Birthday Bassie

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
A,b, 21b, 21b, 21I was gonna drop this earlier, but the site was down for me most of the day.b, 21b, 21Hope ya had a good one!!!!b, 21b, 21Dinner & drinks on me ASAP.b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21img src="http://i35.tinypic.com/oszps6.jpg"1

Comments

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

• Wooooooooooooooooooooooooo, yeah!! HAPPY BIRSDAY BASSIE!! Hope it's a super dooper one!!

• THIS ONE'S FOR COUNT BASSIEb, 21b, 21img src="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/dd/The_Complete_Atomic_Basie.jpg"1b, 21b, 21CAUSE SHE'S THE BOMB/b1b, 21b, 21happy b-day!!!

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Happy bday, A*******!!!! Hope your package arrives in good shape!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Happy B-Day to a stupedous strutterette

• Happy Birthday to one of my favorite Strutters!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

• happy b day bassie! I find myself agreeing with you probably more than any other strutter. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" 21

• Options
    Happiest of birthdays to the Queen MissB!!

• I DON'T LIKE HER ELBOWSb, 21b/wb, 21Happy birthday!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Happy Birthday, A**************************h!!!b, 21b, 21img src="http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y264/MackMcCoy/sub1/bassie.jpg"1

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Happy birthday Bassie

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Happy Birthday Gal.b, 21b, 21object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Happy belated earthstrong.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Oh heck yes!b, 21b, 21Happy Happy Birthday.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    YOU GUYS ARE THE CAT'S MEOW!!!b, 21b, 21Thank You SO MUCH for remembering B - let's do it next week! b, 21b, 21It sure is nice to be liked by allay'all. First time in a while I've had a chance to really look at the board in the past week - very nice surprise! Have had a really bad cold and started a new job in the same week. Stuffy nose - boo! Promotion - yea! Basically missed/ignored my birthday this year, but this thread is all I need!

• "Thank you for remembering B" - I love it when people refer to themselves in the third person that way. You GO, girl... 1

lol - oh gosh - put me down when I start doing that!b, 21b, 21DOR's government name starts with the letter B - well the short form of his governemnt name - I was thanking him!

• Ah, okay. For some reason, I just figured you were getting your Betty LaVette on and calling yourself "Miss B" img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif" alt="" 21

• Happy birthday!

Another year, another thousand or so posts and I am ashamed to say I still cannot post one freakin mix. I humbly offer my pepper soup recipe that I am convinced has cut my cold from two weeks (the average running time for most people this year apparently) to about a week.b, 21b, 21Beforehand have ready:b, 21b, 21washed and chopped greens ??? kale or rapini are my favesb, 21b, 21cubed potatoesb, 21small shell pastab, 21I usually partially cook these and then add them to the soup, I don???t like cooking them in the soup because of all the starch they give off. One way to reduce the starch, too, is to rinse the raw potatoes after you have cut them up.b, 21b, 21In a soup pot, using olive or vegetable oil, cook thickish pieces of ginger (the idea is that they soften but not cook and lose their taste/bite and properties), onion and as much scotchbonnet pepper you think you can handle ??? I usually drop in two or three of them. Make sure you cover the pot and turn on the fan, the cooking peppers will make your eyes water and your throat firey. Cook til onions are translucent. Then add one or two chopped ripe tomatoes, tumeric, cumin and pimento. Mix and cover. Mix now and then until tomatoes are mushy. Add greens, cooked potatoes and pasta and mix. Add veg stock (or chicken or beef or what you like). Mix and let it simmer ??? NOT BOIL ??? for about 15 minutes. Boiling will sap the nutrients out. If you don???t mind the bitterness and chewy-ness, you can even throw in the greens at the very end. Some raw ginger for good measure, too.b, 21b, 21A splash of lemon juice and a box of kleenex cause you will be blowing your nose and sweating out that cold!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21let's do it next week!
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pasue23is.gif" alt="" 21

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Miss Bassie,b, 21b, 21I'm sorry I got here late, but I wish you a belated Happy Birthday. I gotta say, I'm one of your biggest fan-boys on the 'Strut, always opening any thread you've started. I'd have to say "I appreciate your entire catalogue" to put it in 'Strut-language (our record-nerd version of Dun-language). I hope you had an enjoyable birthday and that you continue to grace us with your presence here on Soulstrut.b, 21b, 21 img src="http://gizzo.blogs.sapo.pt/arquivo/Happy birthday cake.jpg"1 b, 21b, 21Peace,b, 21b, 21Big Stacks from Kakalak

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    hey, happy belated bday! glad I signed in today and saw this thread!b, 21b, 21sorry to hear about the cold (i've been down with one too) b, 21b, 21b/wb, 21b, 21congratulations on the promotion!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I'd have to say "I appreciate your entire catalogue"
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21The icing on the cake for me was all those great record-and-shoes posts. So much cooler from a female perspective, haha (No "Don't Step On My Jordans").b, 21b, 21Happy birthday!

• img src="http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff1/fettybe/HappyBirthdayCakeDJFromTheBuzz-1.jpg"1b, 21b, 21peace, stein. . . img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" 21