The ish in Mumbai is messed up

the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
I was worried about some of my friends over there for a wedding then on the news one of my friends gets a radio interview and starts cracking jokes(whilst still hiding out in a restaurant), but this style of attack is extremely scary.

Comments

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Yeah the whole situation is pretty fi1[/i]ucked up at the moment. Apparently they've targeted US and UK citizens when taking hostages. Hope your friends are ok.

• a href="http://townhall.com/columnists/AnnCoulter/2008/11/26/terrorists_restless_leg_syndrome" target="_blank"1ann coulter/a1 b, 21b, 21I thought the rest of the world was going to love us if we elected B. Hussein Obama! Somebody better tell the Indian Muslims.b, 21b, 21As everyone but President-elect B. Hussein Obama's base knows, many of the Guantanamo detainees cannot be sent to their home countries, cannot be released and cannot be tried. They need to be held in some form of extra-legal limbo the rest of their lives, sort of like Phil Spector.b, 21b, 21And now they're Obama's problem.b, 21b, 21If Obama wants his detention of Islamic terrorists to be dramatically different from Bush's Guantanamo, my suggestion is that he cut off -- so to speak -- the expensive prosthetic limb procedures now being granted the detained terrorists.b, 21b, 21Far from being sodomized and tortured by U.S. forces -- as Obama's base has wailed for the past seven years -- the innocent scholars and philanthropists being held at Guantanamo have been given expensive, high-tech medical procedures at taxpayer expense. If we're not careful, multitudes of Muslims will be going to fight Americans in Afghanistan just so they can go to Guantanamo and get proper treatment for attention deficit disorder and erectile dysfunction.b, 21b, 21After being captured fighting with Taliban forces against Americans in 2001, Abdullah Massoud was sent to Guantanamo, where the one-legged terrorist was fitted with a special prosthetic leg, at a cost of $50,000-$75,000 to the U.S. taxpayer. Under the Americans With Disabilities Act, Massoud would now be able to park his car bomb in a handicapped parking space!b, 21b, 21No, you didn't read that wrong, because the VA won't pay for your new glasses. I said $75,000. I would have gone with hanging at sunrise, but what do I know?b, 21b, 21Upon his release in March 2004, Massoud hippity-hopped back to Afghanistan and quickly resumed his war against the U.S. Aided by his new artificial leg, just months later, in October 2004, Massoud masterminded the kidnapping of two Chinese engineers in Pakistan working on the Gomal Zam Dam project.b, 21b, 21This proved, to me at least, that people with disabilities can do anything they put their minds to. Way to go, you plucky extremist!b, 21b, 21Massoud said he had nothing against the Chinese but wanted to embarrass Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf for cooperating with the Americans. You know, the Americans who had just footed -- you should pardon the expression -- a $75,000 bill for his prosthetic leg.b, 21b, 21Pakistani forces stormed Massoud's hideout, killing all the kidnappers, including Massoud. Only one of the Chinese engineers was rescued alive.b, 21b, 21As a result of the kidnapping, the Chinese pulled all 100 engineers and dam workers out of Pakistan, and work on the dam ceased. This was bad news for the people of Pakistan -- but good news for the endangered Pakistani snail darter!b, 21b, 21In none of the news accounts I read of Massoud's return to jihad after his release from Guantanamo is there any mention of the fact that his prosthetic leg was acquired in Guantanamo, courtesy of American taxpayers after he was captured trying to kill Americans on the battlefield in Afghanistan.b, 21b, 21News about the prosthetic leg might interfere with stories of the innocent aid workers being held captive at Guantanamo in George Bush's AmeriKKKa.b, 21b, 21To the contrary, although Massoud's swashbuckling reputation as a jihadist with a prosthetic leg appears in many news items, where he got that leg is almost purposely hidden -- even lied about.b, 21b, 21"Abdullah Massoud ... had earned both sympathy and reverence for his time in Guantanamo Bay. ... Upon his release, he made it home to Waziristan and resumed his war against the U.S. With his long hair, his prosthetic limb and impassioned speeches, he quickly became a charismatic inspiration to Waziristan's youth." -- The New York Timesb, 21b, 21He's not a one-legged terrorist -- he's a freedom fighter living with a disability. I think we could all learn something about courage from this man.b, 21b, 21"He lost his leg in a landmine explosion a few days before the fall of Kabul to the Taliban in September 1996. It didn't dampen his enthusiasm as a fighter and he got himself an artificial leg later, says Yusufzai."( -- The Indo-Asian News Serviceb, 21b, 21Where? At COSTCO?b, 21b, 21"The 29-year-old Massoud, who lost his left leg in a landmine explosion while fighting alongside the Taliban, often used to ride a horse or camel because his disability made it painful for him to walk long distances in hilly areas." -- BBC Monitoring South Asiab, 21b, 21Side-saddle, I'm guessing. And you just know those caves along the Afghan-Pakistan border aren't wheelchair accessible.b, 21b, 21"He was educated in Peshawar and was treated in Karachi after his left leg was blown up in a landmine explosion in the Wreshmin Tangi gorge near Kabul in September 1996. He now walks with an artificial leg specifically made for him in Karachi." -- Gulf News (United Arab Emirates)b, 21b, 21Karachi? Hey, how do I get into this guy's HMO?b, 21b, 21They can't lick leprosy in Karachi, but the Gulf News tells us Massoud got his artificial leg at one of their specialty hospitals.b, 21b, 21Anyone who thinks the Guantanamo detainees can be released without consequence doesn't have a leg to stand on.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Pakistani forces stormed Massoud's hideout, killing all the kidnappers, including Massoud. Only one of the Chinese engineers was rescued alive.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Ah, but did they get his leg back? That is the $75,000 question.

• yeah very messed up.b, 21b, 21i feel for the victims and families of the victims and i feel pity for the people victimized by ideology and dogma.

• so raj brought back Dolo because ...?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21so raj brought back Dolo because ...?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Fairness Doctrine. Retards need an outlet for their retarded expression.b, 21b, 21We wuv ooo, Dolo! You sexy thang, you!

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Yea, I caught that this morning. Craziness. 101 dead or something right?

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Ann Coulter really need her hands chopped off. This bitch should marry O'Reilly. They would make wonderful kids. b, 21b, 21Anyway, the Mumbai ish is just an extent to the India/pakistan conflict that's been going for decades (ie: the Kashmir valley). They are taking things to another level because Islamist all around the World made a lot of dollars these last years. They was stackin' cheese, now they are ready to execute some plans. The Mumbai event was planned like a mug. Probably for a long time...Sad ish. I hate those cowards using God as an excuse. Whoever they are, and whatever religion they claim...Grow some balls and say what you mean instead of hiding behind God. Anyway...I'm going to sip on some Eggnog.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I was worried about some of my friends over there for a wedding then on the news one of my friends gets a radio interview and starts cracking jokes(whilst still hiding out in a restaurant), but this style of attack is extremely scary.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Was that Isaac?? He's mates with one of my friends too....all very full on!! Couldn't believe how composed he was!! Heard Brooke Satchwell too and she was trying to crack jokes also!! V crazy and sad!!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21OH THE IRONY/b1b, 21b, 21 a href="http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedishrag/2008/11/oh-dear-page-si.html" target="_blank"1Ann Coulter's Jaw Wired Shut/a1

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    I reckon Dolo should be sent to GITMO...then maybe he can score a prosthetic brain!

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Dolo? Dolo who?b, 21b, 21b, 21}:)

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    OH THE IRONY/b1b, 21b, 21 a href="http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedishrag/2008/11/oh-dear-page-si.html" target="_blank"1Ann Coulter's Jaw Wired Shut/a1 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21karma is a bitch...

• f*cking ann coulter is the one who shouldbe getting sodomized and tortured...i cant stand that cunt

• Options
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21f*cking ann coulter is the one who shouldbe getting sodomized and tortured...i cant stand that cunt
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Reading this and looking at the puppy below your name don't mix.

• what can i say i like cute dogs but i hate ignorant bitches!

• Options
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21what can i say i like cute dogs but i hate ignorant bitches!
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21You're on some Ice Cubeish transformational shit huh?

• sorry to offend members of the Ann Coulter fan club...

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21sorry to offend members of the Ann Coulter fan club...
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21I'm pretty sure there are exactly two of them here, and if there's a God they're currently somewhere f*cking themselves...

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    ladies ladies...b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21get a room! img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif" alt="" 21

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /a1
    b, 21
    b, 21Upon his release in March 2004, Massoud hippity-hopped back to Afghanistan and quickly resumed his war against the U.S. Aided by his new artificial leg.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Is logic going to be a waste here? b, 21b, 21If there is proof this guy was a terrorist prior to Gitmo, who is the genius letting terrorists go free? b, 21b, 21That is not a rhetorical question.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Dudes, let's just skip all the Coulter distraction and get back on topic. b, 21b, 21What I'm really fearful of is some homicidal response directed at Muslims living in India. It seems like every time shit like this goes real bad, it ends up turning into crazy mob violence by the majority Hindu population against the Muslim minority.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Yup, the response to terrorist attacks in the past has been ugly. Muslims are already discriminated against by the government and I wouldn't be surprised if the government turned a blind eye to retaliatory attacks against them.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21 Muslims are already discriminated against by the government
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21please explain.

shit is just crazy. I wonder how this would have played out in other cities (in terms of what the response would have been). b, 21b, 21b/wb, 21b, 21How fast are hitlist plans being drafted in Israel right now?

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21How fast are hitlist plans being drafted in Israel right now?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21this isnt 1972. they can't go around offing any splinter group that kills a few Jews (*sigh* who's got the time for that really?). they got bigger fish to fry I imagine.b, 21b, 21anyway whoever did this is prolly in Israel's database already anyway.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21 Muslims are already discriminated against by the government
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21please explain.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21still waiting on a response here; not a rhetorical question. these Islamist groups almost always cite Kashmir as their main motive in attacking India. discrimination against Muslims within India? I'm sure some of them feel that this exists, and no doubt there is unofficial prejudice among certain segments of the population toward Muslims, but what is the extent of governmental discrimination against Muslims in India?

This article is interesting and may address some of Rootless' questions as to the status of Muslims in India: a href="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributors/article5247848.ece" target="_blank"1http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributors/article5247848.ece/a1

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21sorry to offend members of the Ann Coulter fan club...
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Ann Coulter's whole deal is that she's doing schtick, like some WWE-type shit. She's the heel wrestler of the political punditry world, and people who don't understand that and actually take her seriously are like people who think wrestling is real.