Blizzy B!

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
Not as funny as the rest, but the last verse is kinda hot:b, 21b, 21

Comments

• doop doop doppedy doop de doop doopb, 21b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fire.gif" alt="" /1

• not a 100% hit, but still fairly funny. I think T-Pain and Luda were better actors than the rest in this skit b, 21b, 21T-Pain seems like a cool guy. He's funny.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    yeah, t-pain seems like a fun dude to hang out with. after hearing him sing live though i can understand why he uses auto-tune. I wonder whatever happened to akon?b, 21b, 21"robot voice! robot voice!"b, 21b, 21for the most part though that was a painfully unfunny episode. all the skits sucked and so did the country guy host.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    t pain is hilarious to me. dude was funny as fudge on howard stern a few weeks ago.b, 21b, 21and the beginning of this when he runs into kanye is img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oj.gif" alt="" /1b, 21b, 21

• Quote:h, 21b, 21t pain is hilarious to me. dude was funny as fudge on howard stern a few weeks ago.b, 21b, 21and the beginning of this when he runs into kanye is img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oj.gif" alt="" /1b, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21yeah, i posted this a few weeks back and got no responses to it. the beginning is so funny to me. T-Pain has comedic chops and then the dude doing the karaoke is kind of icing on the cake. Akon bongos not too bad either.b, 21b, 21T-Pain's real life personality makes me like his music even more. instead of a "famous dude" jerk he seems like he's pretty down to earth. He also writes and produces his own stuff and that makes me admire him even more. It's like he is just having a really fun time in life right now. He's also raking in major money. How can you be mad at that.

• wasn't feelin it. the whole white rapper thing is played. i think it would have worked better if tpain came in the studio and was trying to start a new trend, like autotune, and then went in and did samberg's jolsen style raps.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Dude mentions hypercolor shirtsb, 21LOLb, 21...and I agree with C7, T Pain's really enjoying the ride and comes across like a good dude.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    yeah man, i don't like his music but its pretty hard to hate on dude personally.

• Quote:h, 21b, 21wasn't feelin it. the whole white rapper thing is played. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21as much as I hate to agree with KVH, I do.b, 21b, 21this is 2008. is it really still funny to have a corny white dude trying to do rapp music in an overly-white voice?b, 21b, 21someone poast the wedding singer clip of the old lady doing sugar hill. I bet that will have the strut going nuts.

• Quote:h, 21b, 21yeah man, i don't like his music but its pretty hard to hate on dude personally. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21maybe not, but I thought it was pretty funny how easily that Sandberg dude was able to replicate his sound for a second there. I'd say 75% of T-Pain's appeal is how cool autotune sounds to people. it could be nearly anyone doing the vocals and wouldn't make a difference to most listeners.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    well akon does the exact same thing so whatever.b, 21b, 21i think the sandberg thing is funny, just because the way he sings it, none of it rhymes, I don't know, its just funny to me.

• Sandberg could do Pain's entire next album and 99% of his "fans" would not notice.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hahaha that's hilarious. "Yo - STOP SNITCHING!" Hahahaa....

• Quote:h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21hahaha this is funny as shit!

• oh man this Howard Stern shit....3:09-3:24 with all the patrons' reactions is hilarious.b, 21b, 214.34 dude's reaction after Khaled dumps the drink on him is priceless.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hahah that's funny as shit too. And a cool song.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21 I'd say 75% of T-Pain's appeal is how cool autotune sounds to people. it could be nearly anyone doing the vocals and wouldn't make a difference to most listeners. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I'd wager that it has more to do with songwriting (catchy hooks and decent lyrics). I think the "wow" of autotune wore off with younger cats a long time ago and is old hat to the G&S crowd, who still loves T-Pain.

• Quote:h, 21b, 21
    Quote:h, 21b, 21 I'd say 75% of T-Pain's appeal is how cool autotune sounds to people. it could be nearly anyone doing the vocals and wouldn't make a difference to most listeners. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I'd wager that it has more to do with songwriting (catchy hooks and decent lyrics). I think the "wow" of autotune wore off with younger cats a long time ago and is old hat to the G&S crowd, who still loves T-Pain. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21If he writes his own songs then sure you gotta attribute much of his appeal to the catchiness, etc. Still, T-Pain song sheet + autotune = 90% of the song. It could be almost anyone on the delivery.b, 21b, 21and I realize a lot of artists are respected on the strength of their songwriting alone, I'm just saying.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21the G&S crowd b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21I admit it, I don't know what this stands for.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21I admit it, I don't know what this stands for. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I know you know grown and sexy...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21I admit it, I don't know what this stands for. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21You know...muhfuckas who weren't down with Powell Peralta or Vision.b, 21b, 21

• The same thing you guys are complimenting (Pain's attitude and sense of humor about himself) is the same reason people hate to like him and he's had so many hits. It's not just "good songwriting" the dude is a star and has a persona that people dig.

• btw Samberg is totally biting DizzyBull's easy listening style on this

• I'm pretty sure Dizzy is feeling TPain based on those fashionably awesome top hats.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    are you implying that the clouds have parted and we have seen the light that is SWAGGER?

• I'm not implying that people are feeling Pain's swag - that's different.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    here's the stern interview for anyone interested. b, 21b, 21

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21I'm pretty sure Dizzy is feeling TPain based on those fashionably awesome top hats. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Pretty much. I didn't really know much about him except for autotune until Ross hipped me to his top-hat love in the other thread. And in my private mind garden, anybody who owns a top hat is potentially cool, and anybody who owns a top hat collection - and actually wears them, is automatically AWESOME. His appearance on saturday night live only re-inforced what I already could guess from his top hat love.b, 21b, 21Somebody should create a auto-detune program that makes t-pain sound human again.b, 21b, 21Didn't Flav used to wear top hats too?b, 21b, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21Boom- theory proven correct again.b, 21b, 21b, 21Look at this f*cking thing. This looks like it was made out of paper machet!b, 21 b, 21b, 21b, 21WTF?b, 21 b, 21b, 21OKAAAYb, 21 b, 21b, 21He does seem to be biting Flav's style a little bit...b, 21 b, 21But I think the world would actually be a better place if MORE people bit flava flav's style.b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    b, 21b, 21Anna and Cas, I think you know what needs to be done.

• biting flava flav - the hip hop fashion icon?b, 21i think its more inspiration and representing the 7th element of hip hop, fashion.