Does it strike you as odd that Prince is anti-gay?

2»

Comments

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21He attends meetings at a local Kingdom Hall, and, like his fellow-witnesses, he leaves his gated community from time to time to knock on doors and proselytize. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Can you imagine Prince knocking on your door @ 10am on a Saturday morning? b, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21/object1b, 21b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21This was done in 02b, 21b, 21

• corsiccorsic oakland, ca 232 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21 on that note, which do you guys think is worse scientology or the jw's? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21I haven't heard any stories about how JW's require people to plunk down large sums of money to continue the "treatment" or the "path" or whatever the F*ck it is. Sure, the JW's might pass around the collection plate a couple of times, but still. I'm going to go with Scientology on that one. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21Plus, at least JW's has at least a century of existance under it's belt and is based on something that's not outwardly stated as being science fiction (although I don't believe it's not). If the creator of your "religion" can be quoted as saying something along the lines of "if you want to make money start a religion," then that trip in the spaceship you're promised ain't going to happen.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    144,000 chairs in Heaven = Fiction

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21144,000 chairs in Heaven = Fiction b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21This number changes all the time, as they believe in eschatology.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21not really but i'm kind of surpised that the scientologists didnt recruit him first since they seem to be geared towards people with lots of scratch. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/balla-22.gif" alt="" 21 on that note, which do you guys think is worse scientology or the jw's? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Not really familiar with either Scientology or Jehovah's Witness, but it seems to me that JW is popular with a bunch of black celeb-types, including Prince, the Williams sisters and Michael Jackson, the way Scientology is popular with Hollywood fools. Correlation?

• oripsorips 238 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21not really but i'm kind of surpised that the scientologists didnt recruit him first since they seem to be geared towards people with lots of scratch. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/balla-22.gif" alt="" 21 on that note, which do you guys think is worse scientology or the jw's? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Not really familiar with either Scientology or Jehovah's Witness, but it seems to me that JW is popular with a bunch of black celeb-types, including Prince, the Williams sisters and Michael Jackson, the way Scientology is popular with Hollywood fools. Correlation? b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Before his death, Isaac Hayes was a Scientologist.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21not really but i'm kind of surpised that the scientologists didnt recruit him first since they seem to be geared towards people with lots of scratch. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/balla-22.gif" alt="" 21 on that note, which do you guys think is worse scientology or the jw's? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Not really familiar with either Scientology or Jehovah's Witness, but it seems to me that JW is popular with a bunch of black celeb-types, including Prince, the Williams sisters and Michael Jackson, the way Scientology is popular with Hollywood fools. Correlation? b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Before his death, Isaac Hayes was a Scientologist. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Doug E Fresh is a 'tologist

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Before his death, Isaac Hayes was a Scientologist. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21So who brings more funk - Jehovah's Witnesses or Scientologists?

• i hate to link to a perez hilton story, but...the purple one's people are saying that he was misquoted.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    What makes you think Prince is pro-gay?b, 21b, 21 img src="http://www.morethings.com/music/prince/prince_rogers_nelson_images/prince_shower.jpg"1

• my best friend growing up was hard core JW...he told me they used to have him going door to door at the age of 8...he eventually quit and joined the baptists (a lot better!). he also wouldn't stand at the pledge of allegiance because they use the word god in it.b, 21b, 21he tried to convert me at his house every time i visited. i eventually let him know i wasn't down and he never bugged me again. it was hilarious, he used to show me these pictures of what heaven looked like...i remember one it was this drawing of this little kid riding a lion's back (i kid you not!).

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Who ever heard of a religion that does not guarantee you place in the hereafter? There are a lot more than 144,000 JWs in the world. These guys have to be the greatest con-men ever to get people going door to door without offering salvation. I had a friend growing up whose parents were JW. They were zombie like but the mom served foot long hot dogs for lunch which was pretty exotic in our neighborhood. So basically I associate foot long hot dogs with Jesus freaks.

• RafaelRafael 120 Posts
    I have had good experiences when applying Bible principles in my life... your belief systems should be measured by whether or not your life is better or worse as a result of what you believe. If what you believe is not making your life better then try something else... seeing as how very few religions actually come to your door, would it really hurt to talk to them and really find out what it truly is that they believe?

• RafaelRafael 120 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Who ever heard of a religion that does not guarantee you place in the hereafter? There are a lot more than 144,000 JWs in the world. These guys have to be the greatest con-men ever to get people going door to door without offering salvation. I had a friend growing up whose parents were JW. They were zombie like but the mom served foot long hot dogs for lunch which was pretty exotic in our neighborhood. So basically I associate foot long hot dogs with Jesus freaks.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21The 144,000 are people who will in the future rule with Jesus as they are humans that although imperfect, have lead extraordinary lives... the rest will live in a newly restored earth as was the original intention like in the Garden of Eden.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Who ever heard of a religion that does not guarantee you place in the hereafter? There are a lot more than 144,000 JWs in the world. These guys have to be the greatest con-men ever to get people going door to door without offering salvation. I had a friend growing up whose parents were JW. They were zombie like but the mom served foot long hot dogs for lunch which was pretty exotic in our neighborhood. So basically I associate foot long hot dogs with Jesus freaks.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21The 144,000 are people who will in the future rule with Jesus as they are humans that although imperfect, have lead extraordinary lives... the rest will live in a newly restored earth as was the original intention like in the Garden of Eden.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    144,000 is a lot of people. There are only about 10,000 people worth saving, tops.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21144,000 is a lot of people. There are only about 10,000 people worth saving, tops.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/reynaldo209/bia-branca-feres.jpg"1b, 21b, 21worth saving