A Love Letter From K in Canada

Comments

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Because he was smart & ripped off people who weren't his friends on the board so that people who were his friends will still defend him until they are blue in the face. It just ends up in a big shouting match with the people who know him refusing to get involved in helping the others he swindled get some sort of closure. It's a pill that leaves a salty taste.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Haha.b, 21b, 21CHUMP.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Here's what he has to say about Soul Strut:b, 21b, 21b, 21 /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I already have another account there, and seem quite welcome by all. I've even bought a few 45s off the sales section and flipped them on ebay.b, 21b, 21I will go there as I please, and you cant f*cking say another word about it.b, 21b, 21K.. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/f-u.gif" alt="" 21

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    So can the guessing now begin on what non vindicated K's other username is?b, 21b, 21It has to be someone who avoids posting finds and doesn't contribute much to musical discussion.b, 21b, 21My gut's telling me it's this mannybolone guy?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21So can the guessing now begin on what non vindicated K's other username is?b, 21b, 21It has to be someone who avoids posting finds and doesn't contribute much to musical discussion.b, 21b, 21My gut's telling me it's this mannybolone guy? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21lolb, 21b, 21b, 21Think 18, 26 and 25 - code-Rb, 21b, 21Now that we have seen that ALL Canadians believe ALL Europeans to be racist soccerball hooligans, perhaps we should reciprocate the absurd generalisations and believe that ALL Canadians are engaged in vinyl related subterfuge - unless proven otherwise, natch.b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" 21

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21So what exactly turned him from one of my favorite weekend finds poasting dudes with super sik 7" reggae finds to this threatening ghost? Drugs? Depression? Family problems?b, 21b, 21I know he cheated people out of their money, but I never got to hear what the real deal was. Feel free to PM me if this is some super secret reason or something... b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21dittob, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Here's what he has to say about Soul Strut:b, 21b, 21b, 21 /font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I already have another account there, and seem quite welcome by all. I've even bought a few 45s off the sales section and flipped them on ebay.b, 21b, 21I will go there as I please, and you cant f*cking say another word about it.b, 21b, 21K.. b, 21b, 21h, 21 b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/f-u.gif" alt="" 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21Well seeing as K is probably reading this, I'll be reporting you to Toronto police for "paedophile" activities soon....b, 21b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/PFUNK.gif" alt="" 21

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i still don't get the whole thing. if he really stole your money, why don't you sue him and stop to complain about him on soulstrut?!?! it's the only way to get back to normal. are you scared? why don't you report the whole thing to the police?

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21why don't you report the whole thing to the police? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21others have done that and apprently it got no where...

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21 why don't you report the whole thing to the police? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21 ************ring******************ring***************ring***********b, 21b, 21"Officer, yes,hello.... I would like to report that several records I bought online never arrived. Yes, that's right, I bought them from a tall, allegedly drug-addled man on a website that specializes in race relations and crate digging. Yes, "crate-digging". Anyway, I was sold these records in good faith, I have reason to believe these records may not have even existed in the first place, and I want to know what you and perhaps a special prosecutor are going to do about this horrific crime.b, 21b, 21Hello? Hello?"b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/suspect5es.gif" alt="" 21

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21why don't you report the whole thing to the police? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21others have done that and apprently it got no where... b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21is there no proof to what he has done? b, 21did noone ever try to contact him for real? if he owes you 500+ usd, why don't you contact some big guys that take care of business? it seems that he's not that broke. there might be a chance to get your money back? aren't there any eaterns euro enforcement agencies over there? b, 21b, 21telling soulstrut about how bad he is for the 10th time doesn't help anyone!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21 why don't you report the whole thing to the police? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21 ************ring******************ring***************ring***********b, 21b, 21"Officer, yes,hello.... I would like to report that several records I bought online never arrived. Yes, that's right, I bought them from a tall, allegedly drug-addled man on a website that specializes in race relations and crate digging. Yes, "crate-digging". Anyway, I was sold these records in good faith, I have reason to believe these records may not have even existed in the first place, and I want to know what you and perhaps a special prosecutor are going to do about this horrific crime.b, 21b, 21Hello? Hello?"b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/suspect5es.gif" alt="" 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21it's not about the records. it's about the money! and it's a crime. if the canadian police doesn't care then it's really odd and wrong.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21 aren't there any eastern euro enforcement agencies over there? b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Yeah, you guys need a couple of Ukrainian ex-KGB chaps who will soundly beat K at speed chess before employing some unique Cold War interrogation techniques.b, 21b, 21" Vere are dub raers? Wlad, use the cheese grater. Oh, and Qxe4 check"

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Anyway, I was sold these records in good faith, I have reason to believe these records may not have even existed in the first place, and I want to know what you and perhaps a special prosecutor are going to do about this horrific crime.b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I don't see what point you are trying to make there. There are 1000's of scams where the product you are buying or investing never existed, doesn't matter if they are records or fuggin shares in dodgy companies. I'd estimate he's stolen $5000 at least and wouldn't be surprised if didn't go into 4 figures.b, 21b, 21Grope, sounds like you need to go back and read the original threads. Yes there is fackloads of proof he robbed folks, yes I contacted him and after a while he disappeared...b, 21b, 21I think it was a Soul source guy that registered it as a crime, which probably works the same over here: you report a crime and it's upto plod to see if they do anything about it which is not "odd" nowadays but is "wrong"... it's just how we (don't) do things over here.b, 21b, 21My mum is half Ukrainian and actually my grandad was quite a well known amongst the Ukraininan ex-pats over here... but I don't think I could really ask him to do something like that as he's not really that kind of person and also because he is dead.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21 he's not really that kind of person and also because he is dead. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1203.gif" alt="" 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/badassbuddy_com-gangsta.gif" alt="" 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/badassbuddy_com-hammered.gif" alt="" 21

• paul mccartney said (in regards to a beatles reformation) that you "can't reheat a souffle"... but apparently it's possible to reheat a soufriere...b, 21feisty words K...b, 21here's a related (devil's advocate) question???b, 21why isn't there the same (deadly) venom reserved for paul nice??? didn't he jack WAY more from WAY more people (and also a once valuable SS contributor)???b, 21***and hey, don't bring canada into this??? lol... we cool here...

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    good lord.

• someone who got ripped off needs to go to one of K's dj nightsb, 21phphphwrwrwrrp pull the record right off the turntable mid-playb, 21then tell him "this one's mine now, bitch"

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21why isn't there the same (deadly) venom reserved for paul nice??? didn't he jack WAY more from WAY more people (and also a once valuable SS contributor)???b, 21b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Yeah and wasn't he a Libertarian as well? They get way too much respect around here.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21yeah people seem to know where this dude is or know people who know where he is or know at least enough personal information to screw up his life at least a little bit and yet....no one ever does anything but occassionally put him on ghost blast.b, 21b, 21is it because people feel sorry for him deep down?b, 21b, 21(he doesn't owe me any money so I'm just curious here). b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I figure it's just a matter of him ripping off just a small enough amount of money for it not to be any trouble.b, 21b, 21I figure if I lost $500 on records, I'd put someone on blast, call paypal, all the other channels that people took. But, by the time your option is "DRIVE 15 HOURS TO TORONTO TO F*ck SHIT UP!" I write off the $500 as the price, and risk, of doing business.b, 21b, 21This is not to justify, but really, what lengths can you truly go to that can justify your time and money spent?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21yeah people seem to know where this dude is or know people who know where he is or know at least enough personal information to screw up his life at least a little bit and yet....no one ever does anything but occassionally put him on ghost blast.b, 21b, 21is it because people feel sorry for him deep down?b, 21b, 21(he doesn't owe me any money so I'm just curious here). b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I figure it's just a matter of him ripping off just a small enough amount of money for it not to be any trouble.b, 21b, 21I figure if I lost $500 on records, I'd put someone on blast, call paypal, all the other channels that people took. But, by the time your option is "DRIVE 15 HOURS TO TORONTO TO F*ck SHIT UP!" I write off the $500 as the price, and risk, of doing business.b, 21b, 21This is not to justify, but really, what lengths can you truly go to that can justify your time and money spent? b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Agreed.....but for the dude to brag that he's back on here while taunting Raj that there's nothing he can do about it is some next level BS.

• yeah exactly

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I'd estimate he's stolen $5000 at least and wouldn't be surprised if didn't go into 4 figures.b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif" alt="" 21

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I think Raj is pulling our leg. He just made those pms up. b, 21b, 21As for the police. b, 21b, 21Back about 1990 I had my one and only credit card fraud. b, 21I realized the guy who ripped me off shared an address with the a guy who had bought from me before. I am sure they were the same person. b, 21b, 21So I call him up and he is telling me that someone is using his address to receive records while he is away at work. Apparently the guy waits for mail delivery and takes the records off the porch. Right. b, 21b, 21So I call the Credit Card company. They don't care, merchant takes the fall. b, 21b, 21I call my local police and his local police. I have the guys name, address, phone number. They don't care.b, 21b, 21Doing all this calling I am informed that Home Shopping Network has their own credit card fraud division, but they don't even bother with anything smaller than $25,000. b, 21b, 21I am sure the Toronto police have better things to do than worry about some money that was stolen from someone in NZ.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I think Raj is pulling our leg. He just made those pms up. b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21oh man... you just ruined it for everybody!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21I am sure the Toronto police have better things to do than worry about some money that was stolen from someone in NZ. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21This was the point of my earlier, sarcastic, comedic thread.b, 21b, 21Anyone in a large city who has had to tell bored cops about their house being broken into knows the deal. Your stuff is gone, and only a wildly unlikely scenario involving lottery-winning type luck is ever going to get your stuff/$$$ back. Heaven forbid if someone breaks in and doesn't steal anything of "value", then the cops will just get pissed that you even called them, and in most cases will just blame you for not securing the property well enough.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I think Raj is pulling our leg. He just made those pms up. b, 21b, 21As for the police. b, 21b, 21Back about 1990 I had my one and only credit card fraud. b, 21I realized the guy who ripped me off shared an address with the a guy who had bought from me before. I am sure they were the same person. b, 21b, 21So I call him up and he is telling me that someone is using his address to receive records while he is away at work. Apparently the guy waits for mail delivery and takes the records off the porch. Right. b, 21b, 21So I call the Credit Card company. They don't care, merchant takes the fall. b, 21b, 21I call my local police and his local police. I have the guys name, address, phone number. They don't care.b, 21b, 21Doing all this calling I am informed that Home Shopping Network has their own credit card fraud division, but they don't even bother with anything smaller than $25,000. b, 21b, 21I am sure the Toronto police have better things to do than worry about some money that was stolen from someone in NZ. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21At least in my experience credit card fraud protection has gotten WAY better in recent years.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21Anyone in a large city who has had to tell bored cops about their house being broken into knows the deal. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21YES! Oakland police took almost seven hours to show up / take a report after an apartment in my building was broken into. Shit, they won't even come to your car if it has been broken into -- you have to go to them -- once you get there, they're like, "Why do are you bothering me?". b, 21b, 21Reminds me of that scene from Big Lebowski:b, 21b, 21Leads? Yeah, sure... I'll just check with the boys down at the crime lab, they've got four more detectives working on the case. They got us working in shifts!

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Can we finally put this in the graemlin lexicon, Raj?b, 21IMG SRC=http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/4348/udoshithr8.gif>b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21IMG SRC=http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4259/kscrewhg9.jpg1

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Seriously though, "bidnessb" is probably one of his aliases here. He was defending him a lot after that fake finds (Haunted LP, etc...), is from Toronto and is pretty suspicious.b, 21A friend of mine had Kevin Laverty in his Facebook and I noticed he's recently closed his account. Maybe there were too many people demanding their money back.b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/suspect5es.gif" alt="" 21

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Here's what he has to say about Soul Strut:b, 21b, 21b, 21 /font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I already have another account there, and seem quite welcome by all. I've even bought a few 45s off the sales section and flipped them on ebay.b, 21b, 21I will go there as I please, and you cant f*cking say another word about it.b, 21b, 21K.. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/f-u.gif" alt="" 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21again, this notion that it is totally out of your hands is nonsense. can you not determine his alias using his IP address and process-of-elimination re: the other known toronto strutteurs? are there that many toronto heads on here as to render impossible determining his identity and shutting down his account?