"LOOK AT ME I HAVE COLLECTIBLES!"

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited February 2016 in Record Collecting
$0.25 each!... did i spend too much?

Comments

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    come on -- or are you doing a fake "look what I got cheaply post?" If so, props.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    come on -- or are you doing a fake "look what I got cheaply post?" If so, props.
    fake? proofs n' the puddin', yo. 

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

once in a lifetime haul...

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    nice records. if clean worth maybe about 12-13 thousand dollars or so. peace, stein. .

what about these?

• $0.25 each!... did i spend too much?

OVERPAID

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    need wild man steve midnight special in a bad way. holla! stein. . .

• goo goo.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    There's got to be an interesting backstory to a haul like that. Was this Alhambra, CA? I've never even heard of a lot of those records (not that I'm a big dude, but I'm feeling pretty little dude)... are those private press LPs mostly funky or psych or what?

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    ^come on dude^

do we really need to see someone getting their eyeball cut out with a straight razor?

One guy trying to shock is enough, no?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    what about these?

That Jimmy Lynch is damn funky in parts with a sped up drunk version of Tramp. Mostly filthy dirty. Mixtape/sample material.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    That slicing eyeball is from a Salvador Dali movie from the 1920s... "Un Chien Andalou" (sp?)... Dude was all about shocking some people.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Let's examine this one a little closer.

Naked 300 lb man/woman/what?

Yes, he/she is clutching a stuffed monkey and grinning maniacally.

Um, it's called "Up Your Ass."

It's autographed!!!

file under: who cares what it sounds like?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Its a nasty comedy record.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    stuff like this doesn't make sense to me. obviously dude who was selling them was a beathead and knew these records were of some serious value. unless they were inherited, ganked, what have you. 25 cents a piece are crackhead prices.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Is the Jimmy Lynch backed up by the Johnny Otis Show? I have one of his "Cleanin' Up..." which has that song, "Fuckin' Up"

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    stuff like this doesn't make sense to me. obviously dude who was selling them was a beathead and knew these records were of some serious value. unless they were inherited, ganked, what have you. 25 cents a piece are crackhead prices.

yup

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    yup

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    I've slightly reconsidered my sarcasm of earlier. The dude who sold you these must have been one of the coolest people on planet earth. Ive never met someone with such impeccable taste. So many questions????????????????????????????????????????????????????!

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    That slicing eyeball is from a Salvador Dali movie from the 1920s... "Un Chien Andalou" (sp?)... Dude was all about shocking some people.

hey, you can do what you like for real, IMO, the implication is more "shocking" than the act itself.
    All I've seen from Dali are his paintings. Forgive my classic cinema little dudeness.

• That slicing eyeball is from a Salvador Dali movie from the 1920s... "Un Chien Andalou" (sp?)... Dude was all about shocking some people.

hey, you can do what you like for real, IMO, the implication is more "shocking" than the act itself.
    All I've seen from Dali are his paintings. Forgive my classic cinema little dudeness.

[cough] "Un Chien Andalou" was directed by the one and only Luis Bu??uel in 1929. Dali wrote the screenplay [/cough]

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    THINK PEOPLE!!!! what obviously skilled digger would let those records go for .25 a piece? ....cmon folks....NICE records but, garage sale? LOL!!!!!

carry on

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I am saying... I mean the guy called his thread "alhambra pt 2"...

Are yall so jelly about records that the mere mention of a find like this drives you to drink?

Can yall not see right through these pics? Ween, The Phantom, Too Short?

Wow.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I'm shook...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    what's the deal with The Funky Phantom record? braeks i assume....someone school me plaese

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts

Who cares where dude found em'.....Nice finds!