Al Franken and Minnesota

UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
So shit is crazy close.... I guess they are doing a recount and his site says out of almost 3 million votes the difference is 1100 votes. Obama recently endorsed him... that'd be another awesome win.

Comments

• I didn't even bother voting for the MN senate. If it comes down to Franken losing by one vote, I won't care.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    so edgy.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I didn't even bother voting for the MN senate. If it comes down to Franken losing by one vote, I won't care.

That's kind-of where I'm at, too. Franken is occasionally funny, but I like a bit of gridlock to my Congress.

• Personally, I think Al Franken is dope. b, 21b, 21Hella suprised to hear these comments about him.b,121b,121I read his book "Lies and The Lying Liars Who Tell Them" for a college class a few years back, it was dope.

• Norm Coleman is a weasel.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Personally, I think Al Franken is dope. b, 21b, 21Hella suprised to hear these comments about him.b, 21b, 21I read his book "Lies and The Lying Liars Who Tell Them" for a college class a few years back, it was dope. b, 21b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Norm Coleman is a weasel. b, 21b, 21h, 21

• I hope this clown loses.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Personally, I think Al Franken is dope. b, 21b, 21Hella suprised to hear these comments about him.b, 21b, 21I read his book "Lies and The Lying Liars Who Tell Them" for a college class a few years back, it was dope. b, 21b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Norm Coleman is a weasel. b, 21b, 21h, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Personally, I like Al Franken as a comedian and satirist. A lot. But I think that they could have found a better candidate to take out Norm. Maybe I am wrong, but celebrity candidates in MN (post Ventura) seem like a losing proposition on either side. That said, I hope the numbers shift his way, because Norm Coleman is a complete failure for MN. He sucked as St. Paul's mayor (basically took the side of big business vs the citizen in every possible way and couldn't wait to be propelled to bigger things, St. Paul's citizens be damned), and he has sucked as a Senator.b, 21b, 21So screw Norm.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Personally, I think Al Franken is dope. b, 21b, 21Hella suprised to hear these comments about him.b, 21b, 21I read his book "Lies and The Lying Liars Who Tell Them" for a college class a few years back, it was dope. b, 21b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Norm Coleman is a weasel. b, 21b, 21h, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Personally, I like Al Franken as a comedian and satirist. A lot. But I think that they could have found a better candidate to take out Norm. Maybe I am wrong, but celebrity candidates in MN (post Ventura) seem like a losing proposition on either side. That said, I hope the numbers shift his way, because Norm Coleman is a complete failure for MN. He sucked as St. Paul's mayor (basically took the side of big business vs the citizen in every possible way and couldn't wait to be propelled to bigger things, St. Paul's citizens be damned), and he has sucked as a Senator.b, 21b, 21So screw Norm. b, 21b, 21h, 21

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    I voted for him. Out of some sort of party guilt or something, but really I could imagine both better and worse people to be a senator. Norm Coleman being one of the worse examples.

• how the F*ck did minnesota pass on a harvard jew for senator yet elect jesse ventura as governor? disgusting.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21how the F*ck did minnesota pass on a harvard jew for senator yet elect jesse ventura as governor? disgusting. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21You can blame the UM for the second one.

• according to last nights local news the lead has since dwindled down to a differance of around 266... b, 21b, 21come back for Stuart?

• I didn't so much vote for Franken as I did vote against Coleman. I was close to voting for Barkley (the independent candidate) but had a feeling it was going to be a close race - I had no idea it was gonna be this stupid close.b, 21b, 21Their TV ads here were the absolute worst.