Is anyone here still undecided?

124»

Comments

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Speaking of racism....b,121b,121b,121every time there is all this talk about 4 hour lines at polls and all this shit it is NEVER crowded at my polling place. And I live just east of downtown. Right in the city, surrounded by people. But its always super mellow, in and out at the polling place.b,121b,121so today i got to wondering why that is. and then i was thinking maybe its just a bunch of illegals in my hood that cant vote anyways. And then I thought, well, thats kind of racist. I mean, I'm sure there is a ton of illegals in my neighborhood (somebody back me up here) but I vaguely remember hearing that illegals can vote, so I don't know what it is.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Speaking of racism....b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b,121a href="http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081030/OPINION/613186340" target="_blank"1http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081030/OPINION/613186340/a1

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Speaking of racism....b,121b,121b,121every time there is all this talk about 4 hour lines at polls and all this shit it is NEVER crowded at my polling place. And I live just east of downtown. Right in the city, surrounded by people. But its always super mellow, in and out at the polling place.b,121b,121so today i got to wondering why that is. and then i was thinking maybe its just a bunch of illegals in my hood that cant vote anyways. And then I thought, well, thats kind of racist. I mean, I'm sure there is a ton of illegals in my neighborhood (somebody back me up here) but I vaguely remember hearing that illegals can vote, so I don't know what it is. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21BAN.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Voting FOR something and voting AGAINST something aren't the same thing. b, 21b, 21thereforeb, 21b, 21voting for Obama because he is black is not the same as voting against McCain because he is white.b, 21b, 21Or something like that. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 img src="http://www.hoopsfantasy.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/sarah-palin-basketball-picture_nc.jpg"1

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    You are going to have to make sense or I won't know how to form a snarky reply.

• Options
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121I think nobody at this point will vote for Obama because he's black, that's a crazy statement.b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1 b,121b,121The dudes who hit up my firehouse for scrap metal every week registered to vote this year based solely on the fact that Obama is black (they told us that). They both are in their 60's. Another is voting for "The Obama", but doesn't know Obama's first name. The neighborhood I work in is as low-income as NYC gets (to the point where white people on the street are asked by police if they're lost) and guys who have worked there for 25 years say this is the first time they've ever seen election signs out in front of homes. It's a small piece of evidence, but enough to convince me that people voting for Obama just because he is black is not such a crazy statement.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    meanwhile nobody has the guts to bring up the blatant irish votes for mccain.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121Voting FOR something and voting AGAINST something aren't the same thing. b, 21b, 21thereforeb, 21b, 21voting for Obama because he is black is not the same as voting against her because she is white dumb[/b].b,121b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 img src="http://www.hoopsfantasy.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/sarah-palin-basketball-picture_nc.jpg"1 b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1

• whats with her thighs? now i'm definitely not voting for her...

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    What I mean to say is a vote for mccain might be a vote against the black guy, but a vote for obama isn't necessarily a vote against the white guy, its just a vote for the black guy. because to say its a vote against the white guy means that you never voted for president before.

• people forget bush II was the first president to have black cabinet members, and he still only got 8% of the black vote. in fact he got lower black vote than reagan (I think, i'll have to check).b,121b,121unfortunately, politics now is based on cosmetics and insubstantial sound bytes...very little thorough reviews of policies (at least on tv)...it is more about personalities and things of that nature, and appearance.b,121b,121is it discrimination if people are voting for obama solely cause he looks better than mccain ? i believe there are a lot of people voting for him cause he looks better and is more charismatic than mccain.

/font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121You are going to have to make sense or I won't know how to form a snarky reply. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121First of all, we must internalize the flatuation of the matter by transmitting the effervesence of the Indonesian proximity. In order to further segregate the crux of my venerial infection.......now, if I may retain my liquids here for one moment,I'd like to continue the redundance of my quote-unquote...intestinal tract.b, 21See, because to preclude on the issue of world domination would only circumvent....excuse me, circumsize the revelation that reflects the afrodisiatic symptoms which now perpertrates the jheri-curls activation!

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    is that an old SNL skit on Jesse?

/font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121is that an old SNL skit on Jesse? b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121U sound white

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121 /font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121I think nobody at this point will vote for Obama because he's black, that's a crazy statement.b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1 b,121b,121The dudes who hit up my firehouse for scrap metal every week registered to vote this year based solely on the fact that Obama is black (they told us that). They both are in their 60's. Another is voting for "The Obama", but doesn't know Obama's first name. The neighborhood I work in is as low-income as NYC gets (to the point where white people on the street are asked by police if they're lost) and guys who have worked there for 25 years say this is the first time they've ever seen election signs out in front of homes. It's a small piece of evidence, but enough to convince me that people voting for Obama just because he is black is not such a crazy statement. b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b,121Of course this is true.....b,121b,121Here's what genius level folks like KVH can't figure out...b,121b,121Racism is defined as [i]racial prejudice or discrimination /i1 b, 21b, 21And prejudice is defined as [i]any preconceived opinion or feeling, either favorable or unfavorable. /i1 b, 21b, 21So not everyone who is racist carries the negative conotations of a KKK member, unless your personal definition of the word stereotypes it as such.b,121b,121Mine doesn't.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    is that an old in living color skit on mike tyson?

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121 /font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121I think nobody at this point will vote for Obama because he's black, that's a crazy statement.b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1 b,121b,121The dudes who hit up my firehouse for scrap metal every week registered to vote this year based solely on the fact that Obama is black (they told us that). They both are in their 60's. Another is voting for "The Obama", but doesn't know Obama's first name. The neighborhood I work in is as low-income as NYC gets (to the point where white people on the street are asked by police if they're lost) and guys who have worked there for 25 years say this is the first time they've ever seen election signs out in front of homes. It's a small piece of evidence, but enough to convince me that people voting for Obama just because he is black is not such a crazy statement. b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121/font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121The truth.b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121You are going to have to make sense or I won't know how to form a snarky reply. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121First of all, we must internalize the flatuation of the matter by transmitting the effervesence of the Indonesian proximity. In order to further segregate the crux of my venerial infection.......now, if I may retain my liquids here for one moment,I'd like to continue the redundance of my quote-unquote...intestinal tract.b, 21See, because to preclude on the issue of world domination would only circumvent....excuse me, circumsize the revelation that reflects the afrodisiatic symptoms which now perpertrates the jheri-curls activation! b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b,121img src="http://img1.ifilmpro.com/resize/image/stills/films/resize/istd/2681989.jpg"1

• At first I thought the thread title was "is anyone here still unindicted?" so I stayed away thinking you guys were talking about the Bush administration.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121I'm voting for McCain. But if all I knew about the candidates was their race, I would vote for the black man because I think having a black president is a net benefit in light of our nation's white supremacist history. That doesn't make me racist. It makes me anti-racist, or eracist. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I'm sorry E, I know you're a smart guy and know your stuff, but you also voted for and worked for a paper than endorsed Bush II's re election, so you lose a little credibility with me.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121white democrat Ed Rendell easily defeated black REpublican wide reciever Lynn Swann couple years back to be PA governor. blacks and philadelphia resoundlingly voted democraticb, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Eagles fans.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121 /font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121I think nobody at this point will vote for Obama because he's black, that's a crazy statement.b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1 b,121b,121The dudes who hit up my firehouse for scrap metal every week registered to vote this year based solely on the fact that Obama is black (they told us that). They both are in their 60's. Another is voting for "The Obama", but doesn't know Obama's first name. The neighborhood I work in is as low-income as NYC gets (to the point where white people on the street are asked by police if they're lost) and guys who have worked there for 25 years say this is the first time they've ever seen election signs out in front of homes. It's a small piece of evidence, but enough to convince me that people voting for Obama just because he is black is not such a crazy statement. b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121/font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121The truth.b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1 b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121first of all, the fact that people are accepting this anecdotal garbage as proof that people are casting votes based solely on skin color is laughable. anyone who has not been in a coma for the past 8 years has formed an opinion about bush...and 80% of them/us think he is doing a shitty job at best. so regardless of whether these black men in their 60s know obama's first name, i guarantee they know who bush is, and that they have an opinion about iraq/katrina/the economy, etc. if they also know that obama represents the alternative party, than i think your premise is f*cked.b, 21b, 21also, without beating a dead horse, its not racist to vote for obama because he is black. secondly, many people are voting for obama (including myself), in part, because he is black and because his middle name is hussein. b, 21b, 21roc, i know you like to pat yourself on the back because your voting for obama, but if you haven't figured out that the country and the world are going to benefit greatly by obama's race and even his name than you need to put the records down for a minute.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121 the country and the world are going to benefit greatly by obama's name b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121=b,121b,121/font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121 anecdotal garbage b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1

• Yeah I have to say, some Italian or French cat who thinks electing Obama is a major step towards global harmony.... that is basically equivalent in my world to a crackhead trading in scrap copper that is inspired by Obama.

• Glad to see that policy doesn't generate mass madness in Italy only... LOL

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121 the country and the world are going to benefit greatly by obama's name b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1 b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121this is fact, son. in your quest to find out whether obama would be good for israel this info should have been part of your required reading.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121 the country and the world are going to benefit greatly by obama's name b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1 b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121this is fact, son. in your quest to find out whether obama would be good for israel this info should have been part of your required reading. b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b,121you are a moron. i1this is a fact.[/i] LOL. boy am I glad that nothing of consequence in this world is reliant upon you or your unimpressive intellect.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,785 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121b,121Well I've done my own, non-Jewish schlepp, and just spent the best part of $40 on the phone trying to convince my dad to vote for Obama. My dad would vote for Clinton, or Gore, but suddenly his Democratic leanings have left him (or 'righted' him). It's not that he likes McCain, he knows McCain would probably result in an indefinite period of occupation in the middle east, and as a vietnam vet he sees it as the same sh*t, different decade, and feels McCain also sees it the same way, but as some misguided chance to purge a stain on America's (and McCain's) military record... but he can't 'trust' Obama.b,121 I've tried telling my dad to forget the years he spent growing up in Mississippi, Obama doesn't resent you, even if life in the south was/is an us & them, black & white world...b, 21my dad's main concerns are about the economy. So I tried telling him that as the world[/b] economy is all inter-linked, while Obama would bring about consumer confidence, McCain would puncture any lingering hopes.b, 21I tried all sorts of things, I'm not saying he didn't listen, but his silence on why[/b] he doesn't feel empathy with Obama speaks volumes, and I'm left wondering what else I can say. Any body have any good, realistic ideas? b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121This deserves it's own thread. People convincing friends and family to vote for Obama. b,121b,121I have not tried to convince any one except HC. And that was foolish. Fortunately most my friends and family are on board. b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b,121It was a weird phone-call. We both discussed the pros and cons of both candidates, but listening to his logic unravel every time at the third step "I usually vote Democrat, McCain is a dangerous idiot, but... I don't like this Obama guy"b,121b,121It's a sad case of "You can take the boy out of Mississippi, but you can't take the Mississippi out of the boy". Foolish or not, I'll give him one more call before he makes it to the polling station. It's my patriotic duty as a bearer of an American birth certificate.