New to the Strut? INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Comments

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    review this.

Dizzy maaaannn....wow. "rap rap r-r-r-rap rap awesome!" hahahaa...

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    asprin & mr jeigh introduced me to the game
    tripledouble & diplo schooled me
    ap, chris, ross, marco, paycheck + the rest
    made me step up
    long time lurker,
    love all the knowledge & kool kats strutting

back when i had real world moves i had these kats to hang out with all daze

for the last 8 1/2 years i get to hang with you folls +

• wonkawonka 84 Posts
    Wonka here....pre Johnny Depp

Been lurking for a bit now and thought I would contribute cause my job is boring as all hecky naw...

Represent....

Chi city

• wonkawonka 84 Posts
    Wonka here....pre Johnny Depp

Been lurking for a bit now and thought I would contribute cause my job is boring as all hecky naw...

Represent....

Chi city

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    personally, I liked it better with the "ghey" icons.

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
    I'm looking in the direction of the following folkers:

coffinejoe
    loretta loin
    DJAck
    phantom

damn, why'd i get called out?
    basically, i'm here to soak up everyone's vast knowledge of records(bite your shit) and partake in the witty banter (talk some shit).
    i've been DJing hiphop for almost 10 yrs and just moved to St Paul ('sotan strutters get at me!) bored yet?

• back when i had real world moves i had these kats to hang out with all daze

Rich? Do you deal at shows in MD/VA/PA? The gentleman pictured with Biz Markie
    in the top photo. If so, welcome, I've already bought records from you.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Ok, ok, I think I'm new too.

I'm Baptman, French beatmaker (I'm currently living in Paris) and engineer...
    I'm 29, I don't have job so I'm makin beats everyday, diggin in the crates, chillin...
    I have been buying records for about 15 years.
    I've been reading soulstrut for a couple years now.
    You can also read my posts on the STMB (fuck the haters! ) and some other places.

My "space" is here.
    Bunzen's site is there.

Pz

And if someone can find me that "BOLAJI_Massive Materials" 12" that would be great!!!!
    Whos got it?

Bapt

PS/ I hate mp3s!!!!!!!!

• loudwizardloudwizard 358 Posts
    i'm Graham, aka loudwizard,
    Texas digger, funk/soul/psych fanatic.
    i started buying records in '93,
    got seriously derailed by Hodgkin's disease for several years,
    and have only really been buying records again for 2 years.
    still definitely a little dude.
    ha, i'll mainly be lurking
    while the grown folk talk,
    but i might chime in occasionally,
    and with any luck i'll be copping
    bloodshitting raer from all of you.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Graham - I wish you would start a Wizard Rock thread...I wanna see jpegs of Quenta-Silmarillion-influenced raers!! Seriously.

"Show me your Black Raers"[/b]

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    Hi I'm Nick aka Bobby D

graphic designer by day, insomniac musician by night.
    i have a strange fetish for moog records, no matter how cheesy.
    I can't name any one genre i like- i like them all

• Funky_TeeFunky_Tee 14 Posts
    I've been reading posts here for a while, but I mainly read at vinyl vulture.
    I'm a 24 year dj, been doin that for about 5 years. When I'm not dj'ing, I work in a insurance company. I have about 7-8 crates of scandinavian stuff, library, jazz funk, lounge and boogie/mordern soul. I consider myself as a 50% record collector, and a 50% dj.

My favourite records:
    Donald Byrd -Places and Spaces
    Keni Burke -Changes

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    I'm Baptman, French beatmaker

Yo whatup Bapt!

Hit me on msn I've got a little exclusive with that girl Eternia I was talking about...

• ericeric 155 Posts
    Eric,
    brussels,belgium,
    graphist,
    beatmaker at spare time (www.infinitskills.com)(soundclick page to)
    Love records and music.

peace

• BuddahBuddah 23 Posts
    My name is Miguel, aka Buddah

I am from Portugal and been reading this for a long time, but posting very rarely (raerly?).

I am a music journalist, radio show host, journalism teacher, and record label owner. I collect records too.

cheers

• Hullo there

UK
    Rat filled trench that is the music industry
    HipHop
    Yogurt

Peace

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts

Yogurt

Ooh..i like that too!

• pasepase 89 Posts
    Pasey Pase in the placey place, long time lurker... just came on here, cuz a lot of me pals are regulars. It's like the bar everybody goes too but you don't hang out there much. not as much into records as you guys, but a music snob all the same. originally from cincinnati, now in NYC... in a group called the five deez... I DJ, rap and make beats....

• GoblahGoblah 35 Posts
    I am GOBLAH, I be SOUTH AFRICAN.

Twenty-nine years of age. I collect rap CDs rather than vinyl, so I'm probably already in your bad books.

G

I collect rap CDs rather than vinyl, so I'm probably already in your good books.

G
    some rap cds are

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

Meet Dora's cousin, Diego! He's a great partner to Dora in her adventures. He helps his parents at the Animal Rescue Centre and can even make animal noises and talk to the wild animals. You can count on Diego to run, swing and jump to the rescue of any animals in trouble.

- Diego

• legendlegend 124 Posts
    back when i had real world moves i had these kats to hang out with all daze

me too

me too
    yo legend & rod

no fredrick swap this month so i'll see ya at the other firehouse
    trying to get a dc thing going 8/28 @ 21st & p nw
    more soon come

holla

rich ventura (jesse's cousin) HA !

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I live in Richmond. Just moved here from philly. I have been buying records and djing for about 7 years. I get to dj here and there not as much as would like. I dont have a huge collection, but I have what I like. And I like what I have. I am perpetually working on a mix tape i will never finish, but if I do I will find a way to post it up. I have a boring job where I sit in at a desk all day so I use this site to kill time and learn more about records.

just moved to richmond too. hit me on the PM if you want to fight or hang out

• Word. Welcome to the board, I'm sure I'll see you at one of these things this summer. DC if not sooner. No Frederick show this year?

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

Welcome, Graham. What part of Texas you from? I'm from Port Arthur (okay, Groves) and lived in Austin from 90-97. In SF since then. Glad to hear you beat Hodgkin's. A good friend of mine beat it and has been super healthy for about 12 years now, so I hope you fair as well, too.

Miguel aka Buddah wrote:

I am from Portugal and been reading this for a long time, but posting very rarely (raerly?).

I am a music journalist, radio show host, journalism teacher, and record label owner. I collect records too.

cheers

Onde e que voce mora no Portugal? Eu vou casarme con uma Acoreana-Americana no mes que vem. Faz dois anhos que eu foi ao Pico. Foi bom! Bemvindo. [Eu nao falo muito bem--disculpa]

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Welcome, Graham. What part of Texas you from? I'm from Port Arthur (okay, Groves) and lived in Austin from 90-97. In SF since then. Glad to hear you beat Hodgkin's. A good friend of mine beat it and has been super healthy for about 12 years now, so I hope you fair as well, too.

Miguel aka Buddah wrote:

cheers

Onde e que voce mora no Portugal? Eu vou casarme con uma Acoreana-Americana no mes que vem. Faz dois anhos que eu foi ao Pico. Foi bom! Bemvindo. [Eu nao falo muito bem--disculpa]

Obrigado! Tudo Bem!

• BuddahBuddah 23 Posts

Miguel aka Buddah wrote:

cheers

Hi

I'm from Lisbon. Never been to azores but hey if you're marrying a portuguese woman we already have something in common: i married one too! And your portuguese (written at least) is very good. Cheers

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
    ok here's my intro

from the so-cal....
    been djing since 1985
    producin on and off since 90
    co-own a record shop
    trying to complete my old school hip hop collection(but don't really hit up ebay anymore. too expensive)
    got some old soul and jazz nothing major, hip hop recs is my focus...
    got the old ensoniq eps, asr 10 rack, some computer ish and I'm good....
    been lurking for a while but never post up too much..but by far this is my favorite forum. I come here at least once a day and go over the posts..peace to everyone on this board that makes it a great place for music info and anything else.