McCain running his yap... (NRR)

waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
edited October 2008 in Strut Central
Says he's gonna whoop some ass on Wednesday. I don't think so.b,121b,121b,121b,121http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081012/ap_on_el_pr/mccain_economy

Comments

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Says he's gonna whoop some ass on Wednesday. I don't think so.
    b,121
    b,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121To be fair, McCain didn't qualify what "you-know-what" was supposed to mean. He might have meant that he wanted to "whip" Sen. Obama's back. You know, with his bullwhip. On Sen. Obama's back.b,121b,121See how easy it is to spread this unqualified, slanderous filth? Perhaps I should run for President.b,121b,121b,121For real, though: McCain being boisterous and angry is the last persona he should adopt. The markets will still be shaky at that time, and a lose cannon versus a Cool-Hand-Luke-type would prove fatal. RCP has Obama by over 7 with 23 days to go (and less than 20 days when the debate rolls around). McCain needs to take an effing STAND on something resembling an economic plan.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    "my fellow prisoners"

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121To be fair, McCain didn't qualify what "you-know-what" was supposed to mean. He might have meant that he wanted to "whip" Sen. Obama's back. You know, with his bullwhip. On Sen. Obama's back.
    b,121
    b,121See how easy it is to spread this unqualified, slanderous filth? Perhaps I should run for President.
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121For real, though: McCain being boisterous and angry is the
    last persona he should adopt. The markets will still be shaky at that time, and a lose cannon versus a Cool-Hand-Luke-type would prove fatal. RCP has Obama by over 7 with 23 days to go (and less than 20 days when the debate rolls around). McCain needs to take an effing STAND on something resembling an economic plan. b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121b,121Have you caught the new Repub meme? These crowds are right to be "angry" - because of the economy etc - and McCaine/Palin aren't inciting anything, and how dare John Lewis suggest that they are, yadda yadda yadda, lie lie lie....

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121To be fair, McCain didn't qualify what "you-know-what" was supposed to mean. He might have meant that he wanted to "whip" Sen. Obama's back. You know, with his bullwhip. On Sen. Obama's back.
    b,121
    b,121See how easy it is to spread this unqualified, slanderous filth? Perhaps I should run for President.
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121For real, though: McCain being boisterous and angry is the
    last persona he should adopt. The markets will still be shaky at that time, and a lose cannon versus a Cool-Hand-Luke-type would prove fatal. RCP has Obama by over 7 with 23 days to go (and less than 20 days when the debate rolls around). McCain needs to take an effing STAND on something resembling an economic plan. b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121Have you caught the new Repub meme? These crowds are right to be "angry" - because of the economy etc - and McCaine/Palin aren't inciting anything, and how dare John Lewis suggest that they are, yadda yadda yadda, lie lie lie....
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121The McCain campaign is also trotting out the idea that people should vote for McCain NOW, because the GOP will be undoubtedly losing seats in the House and Senate, and reasonable people should WANT divided government! LOL at the idea that the GOP would champion this notion.

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Have you caught the new Repub meme? These crowds are right to be "angry" - because of the economy etc - and McCaine/Palin aren't inciting anything, and how dare John Lewis suggest that they are, yadda yadda yadda, lie lie lie....
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121My fave this morning was some asshat on MSNBC saying that John Lewis was the one who injected Race into the race. Even the newscaster who was trying to maintain her journalistic balance/equivalency had to call him out on that whopper. b,121b,121

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Is someone getting upset because Republican supporters booed the mere mention of Obama's name??b,121b,121Really??b,121b,121object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121My fave this morning was some asshat on MSNBC saying that John Lewis was the one who injected Race into the race. Even the newscaster who was trying to maintain her journalistic balance/equivalency had to call him out on that whopper.
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121I was listening to Diane Rehm on NPR late last week and there was some guy on (she never re-announced him so I'm not sure who it was other than that he was the Republican in the convo) and his response to the "kill him" stuff was that they were just being "enthusiastic" and Democrats are enthusiastic too. Rehm interrupted him "in the interest of the truth" and told him in no uncertain terms that no one was hearing thi stuff at Dem rallies, not were the Dem candidates pushing for it either.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Is someone getting upset because Republican supporters booed the mere mention of Obama's name??
    b,121
    b,121Really??
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I think its more all this talk of his palling around with "terrorists/b1" and playing up this idea that he doesn't love America, mixed in with an increasing frequency of introductory speakers throwing in 'Hussein.' It just seems like the McCain camp knows these misconceptions are out there, and while I wouldn't expect them to be the ones correcting them, they've basically just given up campaigning on on any legitimate issues, and instead are just throwing out these shadowy dots, and letting misinformed people connect them. Its pretty shameful, and claims that Lewis or anything else show some sort of bipartisan equivalency just don't hold water. I think this goes beyond way booing.b,121b,121b,121Btw, I happened to be at that street fair where the McCain march went down, and while I'm sure people were called "murderers," its just not the same thing as what I'm reading about these rallies.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    It keeps getting better! So much for McCain's 'turnaround'.b,121b,121GOP Head Compares Obama to Bin Laden/b1b,121Va. Party Leader Criticized, Including By McCain Teamb,121b,121By Tim Craigb,121Washington Post Staff Writerb,121Monday, October 13, 2008; B01b,121b,121b,121b,121RICHMOND -- The chairman of the Virginia Republican Party has compared Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama to Osama bin Laden because of the Illinois senator's past association with Bill Ayers, who has confessed to domestic bombings as a member of the Vietnam War-era Weather Underground.b,121b,121Virginia Democrats, and some Republicans, are outraged, saying these are the latest in a series of inflammatory statements that the GOP has made against Obama in Virginia, a state that has emerged as a crucial battleground in the election.b,121b,121According to a report in this week's Time magazine, the Virginia party chairman, Del. Jeffrey M. Frederick (R-Prince William), told Virginia volunteers working for GOP nominee John McCain that Obama and bin Laden "both have friends that bombed the Pentagon."b,121b,121"That is scary," Frederick said while providing talking points to GOP volunteers in western Prince William County as they prepared for a door-to-door canvass.b,121b,121Several McCain surrogates have blasted Obama for his association with Ayers, but few, if any, have invoked bin Laden.b,121b,121Yesterday, Frederick said he stood by the comparison, even though bin Laden planned the Sept. 11, 2001, attack on the Pentagon that killed 184 people and Obama was a child and hadn't met Ayers when the Weather Underground planted a bomb at the Pentagon in 1972. No one was hurt in that blast, in which a bomb exploded in a restroom and caused flooding and damage to computer tapes containing classified information.b,121b,121Ayers did not participate in the bombing at the Pentagon but admitted to involvement in other blasts. He is now a professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago and a community activist who lives in Obama's Chicago neighborhood. Obama has said they have had cursory interactions over the years, including serving on the same board.b,121b,121Clark Stevens, an Obama spokesman, said Frederick's attack on Obama's relationship with Ayers "has been discredited and debunked time and again."b,121b,121"The Chairman of the Republican Party of Virginia, like so many McCain supporters," Stevens said, "would rather lie about Barack Obama than make the case to the American people why Senator McCain's plans of continuing Bush's policies for another four years would be good for American families."b,121b,121Gail Gitcho, a McCain spokeswoman, also denounced Frederick's remarks, calling them "not appropriate."b,121b,121"While Barack Obama is associated with domestic terrorist William Ayers, the McCain campaign disagrees with the comparison that Jeff Frederick made," Gitcho said.b,121b,121It was the third time in a little more than a week that Gitcho repudiated something said or written by someone affiliated with McCain's Virginia leadership team. Last week, the head of the McCain campaign in Buchanan County in southwest Virginia was forced to resign after a column surfaced in which he made disparaging remarks about Obama, African Americans and gay people. Last weekend, the McCain campaign distanced itself from McCain's brother, Joe McCain, after he referred to Alexandria and Arlington County as "communist country."b,121b,121Joe McCain apologized, saying he was trying to make a joke. But Frederick is not sorry.b,121b,121"It is just the hard facts. It's terrible that it can be said, but it can," Frederick said. "It's shocking. Here is a guy who is one step away from the presidency, who is one step away from being commander in chief, who has a friend who bombed the Pentagon. It's just shocking to me." He added, "And there is no denying that Osama bin Laden had a role in bombing the Pentagon."b,121b,121Ayers once hosted a gathering for Obama when the candidate first ran for the Illinois state Senate in 1995. The two also served together on a nonprofit board that distributed educational grants in the city.b,121b,121Obama has denounced Ayers's actions in the 1960s and 1970s and describes him as "a guy who lives in my neighborhood."b,121b,121The independent group PolitiFact.com has called the GOP attacks on Obama for serving on the same board as Ayers "malicious."b,121b,121"It unfairly tars not just Obama, but all the other prominent, well-respected Chicagoans who also volunteered their time to the foundation," PolitiFact wrote.b,121b,121James E. Hyland, chairman of the Fairfax County Republican Committee, said he thinks that the GOP efforts to link Obama to Ayers could backfire.b,121b,121"I don't think the associations with Ayers is going to work in Fairfax," Hyland said. "What we are looking for up here is answers on the economy, experience and impact of [McCain's and Obama's] policies on the federal workforce."b,121b,121But Frederick said he will continue to speak about Obama's ties to Ayers. "This man simply is not ready to lead," Frederick said of Obama.

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Is someone getting upset because Republican supporters booed the mere mention of Obama's name??
    b,121
    b,121Really??
    b,121
    b,121[[SNIP VIDEO]]
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Rich, no I am not upset by booing. Heck, I have heard boos during Obama and Biden speeches in the past few weeks when John and Sarah's names are invoked or one of the few policies they have bothered to elucidate are mentioned. That's politics.b,121b,121There is a difference between booing and shouting "terrorist", "kill him", and showing up at a rally with a stuffed monkey with an Obama sticker wrapped around its head is staggering.b,121b,121From a PA Palin Rally this October:b,121object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1b,121b,121Now do liberals do stupid crap. Yep. Someone destroyed my neighbor's McCain/Palin lawn sign and egged his house. I am stopping by the McCain HQ in Portland today to get him a new one. If he needs help cleaning his house off, I will volunteer. He is a good man and has every right to put his politics on his lawn, even in our uber liberal neighborhood.b,121b,121To say I am disappointed in my team today is an understatement. Do I think this forgives dangerous and racist crap from the McCain/Palin campaign. Nope.

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121It keeps getting better! So much for McCain's 'turnaround'.
    b,121
    b,121
    GOP Head Compares Obama to Bin Laden/b1b,121Va. Party Leader Criticized, Including By McCain Teamb,121b,121b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121f*cking Gilmore was shaking hands outside of the Richmond Folk fest this weekend. He was all, "I hope you will vote for me" and I was all "Not a chance my friend".

• embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1b,121b,121HHEHHH?!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1
    /embed1
    b,121
    b,121HHEHHH?!
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I prefer the remixb,121b,121object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121Really??
    b,121
    b,121
    object width="425" height="344"1
    param name="movie" value=""1
    param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1
    embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1
    /embed1
    /object1
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I was driving near I64-W near Covington VA this weekend. I have an Obama sticker on my car. A mini-van (with NY tags no less) pulls up beside me and there are two middle aged doughy white people booing and giving me the thumbs down. Then they pull in front of me and start tapping the breaks and a bottle flies out their window. It misses my car--not even close--and they speed off.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121I was driving near I64-W near Covington VA this weekend. I have an Obama sticker on my car. A mini-van (with NY tags no less) pulls up beside me and there are two middle aged doughy white people booing and giving me the thumbs down. Then they pull in front of me and start tapping the breaks and a bottle flies out their window. It misses my car--not even close--and they speed off.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121FATBACK SMASH!

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    To paraphrase PE, "F*ck him and John McCain." I am really sick of this negative campaigning/personal attack mode. Over the weekend this former REpublican strategist, talking head on CNN said he thinks its over for McCain, and that the Republicans will lose a LOT of seats in the House and Senate, and that will be McCain's legacy. He presided over the destruction of the Republican party after their highs over the last 20 years. Bye bye Reagan Revolution.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121To paraphrase PE, "F*ck him and John McCain." I am really sick of this negative campaigning/personal attack mode. Over the weekend this former REpublican strategist, talking head on CNN said he thinks its over for McCain, and that the Republicans will lose a LOT of seats in the House and Senate, and that will be McCain's legacy. He presided over the destruction of the Republican party after their highs over the last 20 years. Bye bye Reagan Revolution.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I'm not going to say it's over until it's over, but man I can really only hope...

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Latest Gallup says Obama is ahead 51% to McCain's 41%. All this shit talking doesn't appear to be helping him...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I just saw a two-part new McCain ad that starts off talking aboutb,121Obama palling around with terrorists and how he "then lied about it" ...b,121if that wasn't bad enough, the second half talks about "congressionalb,121liberals voted for less regulation of the banking industry, causing theb,121economy to nearky collapse" ... McCain is pointing fingers at OTHERSb,121about deregulation?!?!?!?!b,121b,121"I'M JOHN MCCAIN, AND I APPROVED THIS BULLSHIT"

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121Really??
    b,121
    b,121
    object width="425" height="344"1
    param name="movie" value=""1
    /param1
    param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1
    /param1
    /embed1
    /object1
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Dude. Not at all a fair comparision. These McCain supporters are chanting and playing music in a mini-parade through the middle of Manhattan. It's an obvious play for pain - like the Fox reporter that walked into the middle of a protest march and hoped to get a lawsuit out of it. Bullshit. Additionally: a march through Manhattan is a sort-of free-speech moment, but it's certainly the right of those living in their own neighborhood to enforce their own community standards as long as they are merely opinions. The McCain Parade are the clear inciters.b,121b,121And here's the main point: Democrats and Independents (as well as some Republicans) are upset at the McCain supporters that openly call for the death and dismemberment of Barack Obama, whom they refer to as a "terrorist" and "traitor" at their rallies. Major f*cking difference, especially after Palin and McCain purposefully foment the LCD.

/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121McCain supporters that are [i]openly call for the
    death and dismemberment of Barack Obama.b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Link please.....photo of signs/posters, video or audio of folks calling for the death and dismemberment of Barack Obama.b,121b,121The only "Death to Obama" chants I've heard about were in Pakistan.b,121b,121b,121I need to see and/or hear this.

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121McCain supporters that are [i]openly call for the
    death and dismemberment of Barack Obama.b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121Link please.....photo of signs/posters, video or audio of folks calling for the death and dismemberment of Barack Obama.
    b,121
    b,121The only "Death to Obama" chants I've heard about were in Pakistan.
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121I need to see and/or hear this.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121How else would you describe "Off with his head!"??

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121McCain supporters that are
    openly call for the death and dismemberment of Barack Obama.b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121Link please.....photo of signs/posters, video or audio of folks calling for the death and dismemberment of Barack Obama.
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121In one rally Palin accused Obama of "palling around with terrorists"; in another she said he was "not a man who sees America the way you and I see America". The comments have prompted individuals in the increasingly restless Republican crowds to shout, presumably in reference to Obama,
    "Kill him!" and "Off with his head!"[/b] Palin made no effort to rebut the hecklers, and it prompted the influential New York Times columnist Frank Rich to complain that "to stay silent is to pour gas on the fires".b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121a href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/oct/13/uselections2008-johnmccain" target="_blank"1http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/oct/13/uselections2008-johnmccainb,121b,121This was in the news last week. The secret service confirmed they were investigating the dude who shouted "kill him" at one of the rallies.

/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121In one rally Palin accused Obama of "palling around with terrorists"; in another she said he was "not a man who sees America the way you and I see America". The comments have prompted individuals in the increasingly restless Republican crowds to shout, presumably in reference to Obama,
    "Kill him!" and "Off with his head!"[/b] Palin made no effort to rebut the hecklers, and it prompted the influential New York Times columnist Frank Rich to complain that "to stay silent is to pour gas on the fires".b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121This was in the news last week. The secret service confirmed they were investigating the dude who shouted "kill him" at one of the rallies.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121One person?? b,121b,121Who was then investigated by the FBI.b,121b,121Wow.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121This was in the news last week. The secret service confirmed they were investigating the dude who shouted "kill him" at one of the rallies.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121One person??
    b,121
    b,121Who was then investigated by the FBI.
    b,121
    b,121Wow.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121There were multiple rallies of people yelling things like this. Someone shouting to kill a presidential candidate should at least be looked into, no?b,121b,121Here's the full story:b,121b,121US Secret Service probes death threats against Obamab,121b,1214 days agob,121b,121WASHINGTON (AFP) ??? The US Secret Service has investigated an alleged death threat against Democrat Barack Obama shouted Monday at a rally for his Republican rival John McCain and running mate Sarah Palin, an agency spokesman told AFP Thursday.b,121b,121The probe by the service that protects US presidents, past and present, visiting world leaders and US presidential candidates, stems from a report by The Washington Post about a shout, "kill him," heard during the rally when Obama's name came up.b,121b,121The alleged threat was made when Palin was speaking of Obama's relations with former 1960s radical Bill Ayers, whose group "The Weathermen" carried out a series of attacks in protest against the Vietnam War.b,121b,121"We take every threat very seriously. Every time we receive or are reported information like that, we follow up," said Secret Service spokesman Ed Donovan.b,121b,121However, he cautioned that at the McCain rally, "no Secret Service agent overheard any threatening statement and no threatening statements were reported by law enforcement or the general public."b,121b,121"We did make some inquiries after the Washington Post reported on Tuesday that a someone had yelled 'kill him,'" he added.b,121b,121Donovan said it wasn't clear whether the threat was actually vocalized or, if so, if it was meant for Obama or even Ayers, both of whose names were uttered by Palin at that moment in her speech.b,121b,121For those reasons, he added, the investigation was dropped.b,121b,121Personal attacks against Obama from the McCain campaign have been increasing lately, with McCain and other Republican speakers tossing barbs at rallies ranging from "socialist," "terrorist" to "liar."b,121b,121a href="http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hQdKB_yggRkzx5eyQlueyGvsmt7g" target="_blank"1http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hQdKB_yggRkzx5eyQlueyGvsmt7g

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Seems a bit odd to me. I mean, how many death threats has [fill in name of prominent political figure] gotten online? That said, I agree that if you're giving a speech and people are asking for your opponent to get killed, one should try to chill that shit out.

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121One person??
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121Wow.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121Tell you what R***. Go to the next McCain rally and threaten his life. See where it gets you...

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I was reading one report (from an actual newspaper, forget which one) talking about a black reporter who got kicked out of a McCain rally. He had credentials but supposedly, being the only brother there, just looked out of place, so he got bounced.

/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121One person??
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121Wow.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121Tell you what R***. Go to the next McCain rally and threaten his life. See where it gets you...
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Calling for the death of a President, Presidential candidate or any other innocent human should be dealt with by law enforcement.b,121b,121This is not something to take lightly.b,121b,121I cringe everytime I see rallies calling for the death of GWB or Dick Cheney, yet somehow appreciate that we live in a country that would allow such sentiments to be voiced in public.b,121b,121The logic that McCain marchers were "inciting" people to curse at them and throw them the finger is the same logic that placing a McCain/Palin sign in your yard "incites" folks to egg your house.b,121b,121I think if you sat back and took an unbiased look at the hate being displayed on the left and the hate being displayed on the right you wouldn't step up to defend either one.b,121b,121If this election is a contest of tolerance and respect I'm afraid neither side's supporters win.