*OFFICIAL STRUT NBA '08-'09 Grit Grime Edition*

Comments

• I ride for Kerr

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Robert Sarver finally made a good decision by dumping Porter...Of course Alvin Gentry is trash too but at least players like him....I give Steve Kerr credit for at least having the balls to try something different by bringing Shaq in...Fans and organizations that become complacent with first and second round playoff exits will always be losers because they have a losers mentality...If it doens't progress then tear it down..period.....They torn it down for Shaq now they'll tear it down again...They have around $50 mil in expiring contracts next season (if you include Amare's salary)....I ride for Kerr if Sarver gets the hell out of his way

Good points ed,
    Let's see what happens next, I'm not holding my breath. Sarver is too cheap to make real moves in my opinion, le sigh.

Sarver should just sell the team, he's not cut out to be a majority owner. He's a wannabe Mark Cuban at best, and that's a compliment.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    THE SUNS ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!

URL TO WATCH THE GAME:

http://albaaa.altervista.org/watch.php?id=204

THA
    SUNS
    ARE
    BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zach Randolph, sit down. An open handed punch at Amundson's head? please.

***EDIT UPDATE: NASH TO AMUNDSON ALMOST LEAPT OUTTA THE BUILDING, HUGE TWO HANDED DUNK A LA STAT. YES, THIS IS AMUNDSON DUNKING, DRAGIC CREATING AND MAKING 3s???? ALANDO TUCKER KILLIN IT, BARBS MAKING THOSE SPEEDY BREAKS....HOLY FUK

AND THIS IS JUST THE BENCH!!!!!! DON'T FORGET SHAQTUS AND THE ONE HANDED AMAZING THROWDOWN

7 SECONDS IS ALIVE AND WELL IN THE VALLEY OF THA SUN

D'ANTONI, YOU ARE MISSED, BUT YOUR SPIRIT AND TEAM LIVES ON!!!!!!!!

UP ON THE CLIPPERS BY 30 IN THE FIRST HALF

THE SUNS!!!!!

THE SUNS!!!!!

ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!

81 POINT IN A 1/2

DEALTH TO DEALTH TO DEATH

SUNS

ARE

BACK

91 POINTS JUST STARTING THE 3RD QUARTER
    THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING GAME
    I'VE WATCHED ALL SEASON

BREATHTAKING!!!!!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Tough being a Mav's fan these days......team is stuck in a state of above average mediocrity.....second tier team at best......yet there is no trade talk in town.... not sure how hard Cuban got hit in the "recession" but he seems less enthusiastic then ever before.....we should have given up Josh Howard for Pau Gasol last year......now all there is to look forward to is an eventual blowing up of the team.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Tough being a Mav's fan these days......team is stuck in a state of above average mediocrity.....second tier team at best......yet there is no trade talk in town.... not sure how hard Cuban got hit in the "recession" but he seems less enthusiastic then ever before.....we should have given up Josh Howard for Pau Gasol last year......now all there is to look forward to is an eventual blowing up of the team.

Ive raed where they were lookin at Vince Carter.

I dont think he's the answer.

I'd actually prefer him in San Antonio, where he can play third fiddle.

meanwhile Nate Robinson is killin the Spurs in OT.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

The Mavs had ALL the swagger pre-GSW playoffs upset. How time flies...

I do however think that Mark Cuban is pretty rash with his decision-making. He probably berated Avery Johnson for doing a horrible job and put him on tilt for the rest of his tenure. Which created a less charismatic leader in the locker room, which equals less unity on the court. I mean, there was such a significant drop-off in terms of team play, swagger (of both players and coaches). I personally would have liked to see the team play together longer. The Kidd trade basically cemented the road to mediocrity.

I mean they still got some nice pieces. Terry, Nowitzki, Barea, Brandon Bass, Howard, Dampier. They just need someone to make those pieces work together. Of course Jason Kidd is more free-wheeling and isn't much of an offensive threat now....so really they need to dump him AGAIN for them to go anywhere.

meanwhile Nate Robinson is killin the Spurs in OT.

THE MIDGET IS DANGEROUS IN OVER TIME.

This makes perfect sense. Unfortunately, it's probably not what the execs have in mind.

This makes perfect sense. Unfortunately, it's probably not what the execs have in mind.

They dont want to pay for him. Small market steez.

I totally agree w/ your Kidd critique. He hasnt been that dude.

They dont want to pay for him. Small market steez.

I totally agree w/ your Kidd critique. He hasnt been that dude.

Kidd has played surprisingly well.....averaging close to a triple double.

He just wasn't what this team needed....even Kidd at his career best couldn't make this team a winner.

• In exciting NBA news, the OKC Thunder have a new mascot:

Brad Miller
    Tyrus Thomas
    Luol Deng
    Ben Gordon
    Derrick Rose

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Brad Miller
    Tyrus Thomas
    Luol Deng
    Ben Gordon
    Derrick Rose

Addition by subtraction. Vinny del Negro has been playing Nocioni at SF, PF and sometimes even C, taking away minutes from Thomas, Deng and Noah -- all of whom still need development time.

Still a glut at guard; more deals possibly in the works.

Brad Miller
    Tyrus Thomas
    Luol Deng
    Ben Gordon
    Derrick Rose

Addition by subtraction. Vinny del Negro has been playing Nocioni at SF, PF and sometimes even C, taking away minutes from Thomas, Deng and Noah -- all of whom still need development time.

Still a glut at guard; more deals possibly in the works.

Larry Hughes has to go.

• Larry Hughes Vinny Del Negro has to go.

Larry Hughes can go too, though. His contract mightbe a little too toxic for anyone to take right now. Thats a pretty sweet starting lineup for the Bulls, if they can't make something good happen with those guys Del Negro is def getting canned.

Brad Miller
    Tyrus Thomas
    Luol Deng
    Ben Gordon
    Derrick Rose

Salmons > Deng

Brad Miller
    Tyrus Thomas
    Luol Deng
    Ben Gordon
    Derrick Rose

Salmons > Deng

yes.

i was gonna correct the post...

U could also put Deng at the 4.

Brad Miller
    Tyrus Thomas
    Luol Deng
    Ben Gordon
    Derrick Rose

Salmons > Deng

yes.

Deng is a mean #6

This team has the building blocks in place to do damage 2-3 years from now.

I was wrong about Rose.

Brad Miller
    Tyrus Thomas
    Luol Deng
    Ben Gordon
    Derrick Rose

Salmons > Deng

yes.

Deng is a mean #6

This team has the building blocks in place to do damage 2-3 years from now.

I was wrong about Rose.

w/ Salmons in the mix, Ben Gordon is expendable or be the 6th.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Brad Miller
    Tyrus Thomas
    Luol Deng
    Ben Gordon
    Derrick Rose

Salmons > Deng

yes.

salmons at sf, deng should start at the 4 w/ thomas as the 6th man sf/pf. he's quick enough to play the sf and create some real mismatch havoc. it would be fun to watch.

vinnie's gonna fusk it up though. that guy has no business having his job.

Brad Miller
    Tyrus Thomas
    Luol Deng
    Ben Gordon
    Derrick Rose

Salmons > Deng

yes.

salmons at sf, deng should start at the 4 w/ thomas as the 6th man sf/pf. he's quick enough to play the sf and create some real mismatch havoc. it would be fun to watch.

vinnie's gonna fusk it up though. that guy has no business having his job.

No size in that starting line up....Thomas is the potential #1 or #2 player on this team and needs to play.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    i guess i should have been clearer. as 6th man, i meant manu-as-6th-type minutes off the bench at either position. around 25-30 per game. i think he could maximize his potential if played in both forward spots. he's got decent back to the basket stuff developing (hasn't got enough consistent pt yet) and moves great off the ball on both ends of the floor in more of a sf role. dude gobbles up rebounds and putbacks. i've liked thomas and wanted to see more of him since he came in the league a few years back, i just think that his stunted development under adolf and now del negro renders him an ineffective current starter.

• meanwhile Nate Robinson is killin the Spurs in OT.
    this lil' dood is on some shit lately! could he be the real deal?

• meanwhile Nate Robinson is killin the Spurs in OT.
    this lil' dood is on some shit lately! could he be the real deal?

DONT BE BAMBOOZLLED BY THAT RUN-N-GUN BULLSHIT.

• Larry Hughes to NYC for Tim Thomas to Chi-Town.

• Chris Wilcox to the Knicks is a good look.

Skip To My Lou to Orlando is a very good look.

• Chris Wilcox to the Knicks is a good look.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Amare Out 8 Weeks[/b]

The Suns announced Friday that Amare Stoudemire had eye surgery to repair a partially detached retina suffered Wednesday. He could miss the rest of the regular season, Marc Stein reports.

(read more)

Amare Out 8 Weeks[/b]

The Suns announced Friday that Amare Stoudemire had eye surgery to repair a partially detached retina suffered Wednesday. He could miss the rest of the regular season, Marc Stein reports.

Its a wrap