Jeans (NRR)

Comments

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    well if you're concerned w/ quality, best bet is to buy a pair of unwashed denim and wear/age it yourself. Pre-washed jeans will not last as long simply because they've been treated in an attempt to artificially age them. Most jeans under the $100 are made by the same 3 factories, and companies pay them to sew their patches onto the jeans. Very little difference in the field.............But if you are denim nerd, then you should look into selvedge.

Evisu is kinda iffy nowadays, with success comes lowered standards of quality. The stuff licensed for overseas are not made by Evisu in Japan, but by the licenser. Basically they've moved away from the origins of the company, which was to reproduce classic Levi's cuts. Originally, the company started off as "Evis" (Levi's w/o the L), but was hit w/ a cease and desist from Levi's. If you're into the attention and detail of high end Japanese denim, you should check 45rpm and Denime, heavy into 501 repros. Both are not CHEAP.

Personally I mess w/ these.....

LVC repros

levi's 501 shrink to fits

levi's 527's

APC selvedge

Uniqlo selvedge

or if you're on a low budget, old navy denim.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

APC selvedge

APC is my favourite label! and I kinda hate clothing labels. They fall into the pricey but quality category. And not even THAT pricey. I got an amazing cashmere sweater for less than $200 CAD.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    "real girls don't care about your dorky watch or the label of your jeans, so, follow gloom's lead and just get them at walmart"

Ok. Let's do a little test here: When you are out and about in public today take a look around and let's see just How many REAL women are with guys in WALMART JEANS as compared to a guy with some decent jeans and or a good watch? Let me know the results. I'm curious.

So REAL WOMEN like guys in Walmart jeans? Damn, all these magazines have been wrong all these years! LOL.............

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

APC selvedge

APC is my favourite label! and I kinda hate clothing labels. They fall into the pricey but quality category. And not even THAT pricey. I got an amazing cashmere sweater for less than $200 CAD.

yes very clean/simple lines, I am a sucker for that.

Cashmere sweaters = investment pieces, very much worth the $. If you record dudes are scoffing at paying for $200 cashmere sweaters, but buying raers and eating kraft dinner every night to afford your habit. Then you need to get your priorities straightened out.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Fuck jeans, I just walk around in my underwear and my Michael Henderson slingshot. 200 dollar designer jeans?? That money could be spent on raers.

• $200 cashmere sweaters

nah...more like $20 hoodie. What's up with all the fashion whores? I cut the majority of labels and insignias OUT of my clothes. No one is paying me to wear their shit!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Gruntgravel, how old are you?

a few years back I didn't give a fuck what I wore and still for the most part don't however I gotta dress to impress when I go to certain spots plus you can't be grown n sext rockin the fall autumn collection

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    you obviously have not worn anything made w/ cashmere........that's your lost. We're talking about quality materials/construction here, not a big logo.

your $20 hoodie has a lifespan of 1-2 yrs

vs

cashmere sweater w/ a lifespan of 20+ yrs (assuming you don't get fat).

do the math........

"real girls don't care about your dorky watch or the label of your jeans, so, follow gloom's lead and just get them at walmart"

Ok. Let's do a little test here: When you are out and about in public today take a look around and let's see just How many REAL women are with guys in WALMART JEANS as compared to a guy with some decent jeans and or a good watch? Let me know the results. I'm curious.

So REAL WOMEN like guys in Walmart jeans? Damn, all these magazines have been wrong all these years! LOL.............

No, no, the magazines have been right. It's not like they're out to push products, get more and more advertising and increase their profits - they really, really care about helping real men and women (who share a taste for expensive jeans, of course) to hook up so they can they f*ck like bunnies and/or love each other and live happily ever after!

and oh yea - everything you read about women in Cosmo is true!

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    you obviously have not worn anything made w/ cashmere........that's your lost. We're talking about quality materials/construction here, not a big logo.

vs

do the math........

Word, I lucked out on a nice cashmere joint that was on sale last winter. The only thing that it now has a whole from the fuckin' dry cleaners. SUCKS! Those bastards didnt' want to fess up.

vs

do the math........

Word, I lucked out on a nice cashmere joint that was on sale last winter. The only thing that it now has a whole from the fuckin' dry cleaners. SUCKS! Those bastards didnt' want to fess up.

hand wash it from now on. best way to keep all sweaters lasting forever. you can probably mend the hole, sew it from the inside and get as close a thread colour as possible.

I'm going to get lunch right now and it's right by Walmart, if I hadn't loaned my camera out yesterday I would go over and take pictures of some of these real women!

• vintage cashmere gets brittle. i had a great pullover tear on me last winter. that's still the shit though.

when it comes to jeans, get yourself some thoeback revi's and call it a day. shrink to fit jammies are whats up but i can't do that for myself because i'm on that business casual shit and get to wear jeans like twice a month. there are good washings though, the 1960s ones being my personal favorite. those are gone though and really tough to track down now.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

"Fashion rappers get dropped; now they part of my fall collection." El-P

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    look here chilluns. perhaps sweendoggie can make it clearer, but you cant catch bonito with cheese and worms. and you wont land bass with a mackerel lure. im saying, you want a certain lady, then go ahead and rock them $200 jeans. im not a fan of girls that are label whores. i pay attention to detail, but i also cut tags if i get that name brand shit for xmas or whatever. i wear my shit cuz i like it. but that's just me. otherwise i'd be sporting the denim shirt/floral print tie combo or whatever look is HOT right now.

look here chilluns. perhaps sweendoggie can make it clearer, but you cant catch bonito with cheese and worms. and you wont land bass with a mackerel lure. im saying, you want a certain lady, then go ahead and rock them $200 jeans. im not a fan of girls that are label whores. i pay attention to detail, but i also cut tags if i get that name brand shit for xmas or whatever. i wear my shit cuz i like it. but that's just me. otherwise i'd be sporting the denim shirt/floral print tie combo or whatever look is HOT right now.

cue that pic of dude digging in a pink collared shirt...

• mooneymooney 48 Posts
    I am a new strutter, but

How come no one is rocking Lee for the real B-boy look

or Cavariccis when they hit their favorite Latin Freestyle Clubs.

Cross Colors, Girbauds, come on folks

Maybe we should start a new thread for those old jeans you are embarassed by.

uh, excuse me? but im all about class. not some uptown lawyer on retainer in the bay steez.

uh, excuse me? but im all about class. not some uptown lawyer on retainer in the bay steez.

c'mon, you know that pic of dude digging in a pink collared shirt that always crops up on these threads...I wanna see that shit!

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    c'mon, you know that pic of dude digging in a pink collared shirt that always crops up on these threads...I wanna see that shit!

Check inside Grafwritah's locket.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Check inside Grafwritah's locket Joe Boxer's condom pocket.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

APC selvedge

me too. APC all the way. Besides the quality and fit, I like how they don't have a visible logo.

• Options
    perhaps sweendoggie can make it clearer, but you cant catch bonito with cheese and worms. and you wont land bass with a mackerel lure.

Of course you can catch bass with mackerel lures. Dumbass.

Last pair of jeans I bought were Zoo York, last year around this time. Haven't gotten much run though, I have a hard-on the majority of the time and prefer khakis.

bottom feeder

• Options

That shirt dude.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Shit, I rock strictly $25 Old Navy's and look like fly as fuck. It's not about WHAT you rock, it's about HOW you rock it.

And if a woman's got a problem with my clothes, than I gotta problem with the woman.

Herm

• debardebar 215 Posts
    or if you're on a low budget, old navy denim.
    Shit, I rock strictly $25 Old Navy's and look like fly as fuck. It's not about WHAT you rock, it's about HOW you rock it.

And if a woman's got a problem with my clothes, than I gotta problem with the woman.

Herm
    trust me homie(s), i'm familiar with Old Navy/Gap, I just left an 18-month gig at Old Navy doing product placement, so I have plenty of clothes from there. The Old Navy Wide-Leg (now called Extra Loose) Jeans are what I usually rock, but my main beef is that the material is cheap as hell (like 90% of ON's product), and it starts looking like shit/really thinning out after 10-15 washes.

I've personally never spent more than $50 on any type of pants, even the new semi-dress pants that I wear at my new job. But it's not cause I'm not willing to spend the dough, but I haven't found anything of perfect quality & fit that would justify such a purchase.

Like whoever said up there, if I can drop loot on semi-raers, I can splurge a bit to look decent.

• debardebar 215 Posts
    how often do white folks show fear at your pants?

white girls usually show fear at the bulge ...........

but for real, i know plenty of white folks 35+ years old who get shook when your pants hang low or when they can't see the figure of your legs cause your pants are "too" baggy. or if you wear your baseball hat anyway but straight forward. or if you wear anything xl or larger. or if you got any piercings/tats. shit, most of them get shook if your skin is darker than the khakis that you're rocking.

at my office job, i gotta wear some classic fit slacks with a nice button-down every once in a while to offset my usual baggy cargos/xl polos combo just so they can all breathe easy once in a while.

Is the buldge in the front or the back?

• wholewheatwholewheat 437 Posts
    Is the buldge in the front or the back?

We've got armadillos in our trousers.