Obama-Ayers smear campaign = Willie Horton 08?

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    no, i understand completely - he's arguing that because in the legal sense ayers was the one who confirmed the board, he was the one who picked all of the people, when in reality he delegated the responsibility of picking the people to others, and after they selected obama he signed off on it. b,121b,121whats so hard to understand about that? b,121b,121its a pedantic distinction your making with no real world meaning. he has no evidence ayers knew obama beforehand and his nitpicking doesnt actually contradict the major thrust of the article

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Ms. Leff suggested that Mr. Obama would make a good board chairman, she said in an interview. Mr. Ayers was not present and had not suggested Mr. Obama, she said.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Ms. Leff suggested that Mr. Obama would make a good board chairman, she said in an interview. Mr. Ayers was not present and had not suggested Mr. Obama, she said.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    btw i think ayers is a scumbag, and i dont say this out of some liberal apologia - i really genuinely hate ppl like that who have done more detriment to the cause they supposedly represent bcuz they have very little to lose in the first place

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    special RIP shoutout to fred hampton

• The reason this is important is because the Obama campaign has previously stated that Ayres had "nothing" to do with Obama becoming chairman of the CAC. We know this is not true. If you want to believe leff et al's contention that ayres evinced precisely no interest in who would lead the board he founded that is fine, but it is not relevant.b,121b,121It is also a bit rich for you to focus on one piece of minutiae and then proclaim it as "a pedantic distinction your making with no real world meaning". You're acting as if this is the only piece of information relating to ayres at that blog. b,121b,121Keep telling yourself that Obama's charimanship of a board born out of ayres stated belief that "education is the motor-force of revolution" says nothing about Obama's political convictions, and that Obama's statement that ayre's was "just some guy from the neighbourhood" was an accurate assessment of their relationship. It simply makes it obvious how hollow the whole entire obama phenomenon is.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    lol, wait, what's hollower - your trust of this blog, or my reliance on the following (read: MULTIPLE) sources, all of whom conducted actual journalism rather than relying on inference and suspicion:b,121/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121--MNSBC: "Obama was never 'palling around' with Ayers." "But as the New York Times reported today, Obama was never "palling around" with Ayers. "A review of records of the schools project and interviews with a dozen people who know both men, suggest that Mr. Obama, 47, has played down his contacts with Mr. Ayers, 63. But the two men do not appear to have been close. Nor has Mr. Obama ever expressed sympathy for the radical views and actions of Mr. Ayers, whom he has called 'somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago, when I was 8.'" [10/4/08]
    b,121
    b,121--Washington Post: Obama-Ayers Link "Is A Tenuous One." The Washington Post reported in a fact check that "the Obama-Ayers link is a tenuous one." [Washington Post, 2/18/08]
    b,121
    b,121--Time: Making An Issue Of Obama's Relationship With Ayers And Dohrn Is "Absurd." "Those have been the options in the debate. But the truth is a third option: Ayers and Dohrn are despicable, and yet making an issue of Obama's relationship with them is absurd." [Time, 5/29/08]
    b,121
    b,121--Chicago Sun Times: Obama's Connection To Ayers Is A "Phony Flap". The Chicago Sun-Times wrote in an editorial, "But Ayers, it is also true to say, has since followed in the footsteps of the great Chicago social worker Jane Addams, crusading for education and juvenile justice reform. His 1997 book, A Kind and Just Parent: The Children of Juvenile Court, has been praised for exposing how Cook County's juvenile justice system all but eliminates a child's chance for redemption. Is Barack Obama consorting with a radical? Hardly. Ayers is nothing more than an aging lefty with a foolish past who is doing good. And while, yes, Obama is friendly with Ayers, it appears to be only in the way of two community activists whose circles overlap. Obama's middle name is Hussein. That doesn't make him an Islamic terrorist. He stopped wearing a flag pin. That doesn't make him unpatriotic. And he's friendly with UIC Professor William Ayers. That doesn't make him a bomb thrower. Time to move on to Phony Flap 6,537,204." [Chicago Sun-Times, 3/3/08]
    b,121
    b,121--Noam Scheiber Of TNR: "I Don't See Evidence Of Any Relationship" Between Obama And Ayers. Noam Scheiber of The New Republic wrote, "Ben says Ayers and Obama were, at best, casual friends. Even that seems to overstate things, though. I don't see evidence of any relationship. The only concrete connection we know of is the meeting, which was attended by a number of local liberals; their contemporaneous membership on the board of a local organization; and a $200-donation by Ayers to one of Obama's state senate campaigns. (Obama also once praised something Ayers had written about the juvenile justice system.) I'm not saying they couldn't have been casual friends; just that there isn't much evidence for that at this point." [The New Republic, 2/22/08]
    b,121
    b,121--George Packer: The Obama-Ayers "Media Flap Is An Absurd And Opportunistic Piece Of Guilt By Association" That "Deserves To Die A Swift And Ignominious Death." "Now George Stephanopoulos, Hillary Clinton, and a legion of Republican strategists are tying Bill to Obama because they sat on the board of a foundation together. What if they did? And what if they're friendly neighbors in Hyde Park? Bill and Bernardine are also friends with an old friend of mine who has a sterling reputation as a juvenile-court judge. Does that prove anything, other than that they've had successful careers in education and law, respectively? This latest media flap is an absurd and opportunistic piece of guilt by association. Unlike Obama's membership for many years in the church of Reverend Jeremiah Wright, or his comments last week in San Francisco, it raises no questions about his beliefs, only about our trivial political culture. It deserves to die a swift and ignominious death." [New Yorker, 4/18/08]
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1

• I dont "trust" that blog, I cite it because of the documented evidence available there. Evidence which contradicts much of what is predictably written aboveb,121b,121It is a matter of documented fact that Ayres appointed Obama chariman to a board he founded and on which Obamam served for years. In light of this it is just silly for the washington post to declare that "Obama-Ayers Link "Is A Tenuous One."". All that little list demonstrates is that there are a alot of media organisations with democratic sympathies and a lack of journalistic integrity. This shouldnt be news to anyone.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121nah i find this stuff kind of interesting and i much prefer to read the arguments made and actually take a look at what they're trying to say, regardless of whether or not hes a regular user having some fun there are millions of ppl out there who believe this shit
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Dude, you're "arguing" with someone for whom "facts" and "logic" have no purpose. You're just contributing to the problem by engaging with him. It's like arguing with a 4 year old. b,121b,121So once again:b,121img width=300 src=http://texasholdemblogger.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/do-not-feed-the-trolls.jpg1

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121nah i find this stuff kind of interesting and i much prefer to read the arguments made and actually take a look at what they're trying to say, regardless of whether or not hes a regular user having some fun there are millions of ppl out there who believe this shit
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121Dude, you're "arguing" with someone for whom "facts" and "logic" have no purpose. You're just contributing to the problem by engaging with him. It's like arguing with a 4 year old.
    b,121
    b,121So once again:
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121So anyone who doesn't agree with the Obama line 110% is a troll?b,121b,121You can do much better than that, dude.

"anyone who doesn't agree with the Obama line 110% is a troll?"b,121b,121I never said nor implied that. You should know better than that, dude.

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121"anyone who doesn't agree with the Obama line 110% is a troll?"
    b,121
    b,121I never said nor implied that. You should know better than that, being a troll yourself, dude.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Once more, with feeling!b,121b,121/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121"anyone who doesn't agree with the Obama line 110% is a troll?"
    b,121
    b,121I never said nor implied that. You should know better than that, being a troll yourself, dude.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Yes, I'm here to encourage some of y'all die-hard Obama supporters to take a closer look at what you are voting for. It doesn't even have anything to do with McCain or even Ron Paul anymore. From my view, Obama is our next president. So instead of just defending the guy all day long as if he's made of teflon, I'm saying please look at the blatant contradictions there and accept that you know that they are there BEFORE making that vote. I can do that in civil manner, I think...but that's clearly not what y'all want. Y'all just want to post a troll image and have me (or anyone else who has dared to question Obama's supreme perfection on this board) just shut up and go away. It's all too telling about where y'all are coming from and what this country will look like under the lead of y'all's chosen savior. So again and again and again, please try to do better. It's not only the same sort of thing that allowed Bush to win the last 2 elections, it's the same sort of thing that could very well flip a very brief insytance of rule by Democrats into another extended cycle of Republican backlash. Y'all don't seem to learn lessons from the past...and one of those is that winning isn't everything.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    b,121/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Yes, I'm here to encourage some of y'all die-hard Obama supporters to take a closer look at what you are voting for (a lizard!). It doesn't even have anything to do with McCain or even Ron Paul anymore. From my view, Obama is our next president. So instead of just defending the guy all day long as if he's made of human flesh, I'm saying please look at the blatant lizard scales there and accept that you know that they are there BEFORE making that vote. I can do that in civil manner, I think...but that's clearly not what y'all want. Y'all just want to post a troll image and have me (or anyone else who has dared to question Obama's supreme perfection on this board) just shut up and go away. It's all too telling about where y'all are coming from and what this country will look like under the lead of y'all's chosen savior. So again and again and again, please try to do better. It's not only the same sort of thing that allowed Bush to win the last 2 elections, it's the same sort of thing that could very well flip a very brief insytance of rule by Democrats into another extended cycle of Republican backlash. Y'all don't seem to learn lessons from the past...and one of those is that winning isn't everything.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121 img src="http://www.cosmopoetica.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/iguana-pose.jpg"1 b,121He seems harmless at first....b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121and then....b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121 img src="http://www.retrojunk.com/img/art-images/lizard1.jpg"1 b,121b,121b,121b-b-b-but what about brezinski?!?!?!?!?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121 Y'all just want to post a troll image and have me (or anyone else who has dared to question Obama's supreme perfection on this board) just shut up and go away. It's all too telling about where y'all are coming from and what this country will look like under the lead of y'all's chosen savior.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121That's not the reason at all. It's because no one takes you seriously and Dolo is a dick who only tries to incite people on here. No one (and I'm 99.9% sure NO ONE) on here believes Obama is our savior or he's gonna bring peace and happiness to the world. However, most people do believe that he's a hell of a lot better candidate than McCain. Bottom line is, they are both politicians and we all know this, but I do see sincerity and an honest hope for change?? with Obama...where as you see him as a Manchurian candidate and your wife sees him as the Anti-Christ.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121 Y'all just want to post a troll image and have me (or anyone else who has dared to question Obama's supreme perfection on this board) just shut up and go away. It's all too telling about where y'all are coming from and what this country will look like under the lead of y'all's chosen savior.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121That's not the reason at all. It's because no one takes you seriously and Dolo is a dick who only tries to incite people on here. No one (and I'm 99.9% sure NO ONE) on here believes Obama is our savior or he's gonna bring peace and happiness to the world. However, most people do believe that he's a hell of a lot better of a candidate than McCain. Bottom line is, they are both politicians and we all know this, but I do see sincerity and an honest hope for changeⓒ with Obama...where as you see him as a Manchurian candidate and your wife sees him as the Anti-Christ.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121Says the fellow named DAMIEN.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121Says the fellow named DAMIEN.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121 img src="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cc/Omen_III_the_final_conflict.jpg"1

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Have you considered running for president?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    a href="http://ignoranceisfutile.wordpress.com/2008/09/15/why-i-fear-obama-like-no-other-like-no-other/" target="_blank"1This will have the one shied foaming at the mouth

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121I dont "trust" that blog, I cite it because of the documented evidence available there. Evidence which contradicts much of what is predictably written above
    b,121
    b,121It is a matter of documented fact that Ayres appointed Obama chariman to a board he founded and on which Obamam served for years. In light of this it is just silly for the washington post to declare that "Obama-Ayers Link "Is A Tenuous One."". All that little list demonstrates is that there are a alot of media organisations with democratic sympathies and a lack of journalistic integrity. This shouldnt be news to anyone.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121i dont see the evidence contradicting the above. 'tenuous' is a subjective term. but arguing that because legally ayers was the one to approve obama does not in any meaningful way imply 'tenuous' is no longer applicable. b,121b,121but assume for the moment that for something to be 'tenuous' you're right - what have you proven? that the ny times is too eager to call something tenuous? then what. where is the evidence that ayers shaped obama's views, the evidence that ayers knew obama, any sort of evidence that implies impropriety here, guilt-by-association?b,121b,121you. dont. have. any

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    img src="http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/vqsv3i7fzu-nk_eq2zel9g.gif"1b,121b,121hey dolo maybe if u keep bitching about how the referees are being 'unfair' it will push obama's polls even higher

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    a href="http://ignoranceisfutile.wordpress.com/2008/09/15/why-i-fear-obama-like-no-other-like-no-other/" target="_blank"1This will have the one shied foaming at the mouth
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121Shit, are you sure he didn't write that?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Yes, I'm here to encourage some of y'all die-hard Obama supporters to take a closer look at what you are voting for. It doesn't even have anything to do with McCain or even Ron Paul anymore. From my view, Obama is our next president. So instead of just defending the guy all day long as if he's made of teflon, I'm saying please look at the blatant contradictions there and accept that you know that they are there BEFORE making that vote. I can do that in civil manner, I think...but that's clearly not what y'all want. Y'all just want to post a troll image and have me (or anyone else who has dared to question Obama's supreme perfection on this board) just shut up and go away. It's all too telling about where y'all are coming from and what this country will look like under the lead of y'all's chosen savior. So again and again and again, please try to do better. It's not only the same sort of thing that allowed Bush to win the last 2 elections, it's the same sort of thing that could very well flip a very brief insytance of rule by Democrats into another extended cycle of Republican backlash. Y'all don't seem to learn lessons from the past...and one of those is that winning isn't everything.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121translation: "Somebody, anybody, please please PLEASE pay attention to ME. I have to know in my heart that I am right and cannot know for sure without validation from faceless people online."[/b]

/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121hey dolo maybe if u keep bitching about how the referees are being 'unfair' it will push obama's polls even higher
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Actually, looks like McCain might have gained a point since yesterday.b,121b,121THE SKY IS FALLING! img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif" alt="" 21

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    sympathy polling

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121sympathy polling
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Is that like a pity f*ck?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121sympathy polling
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121Is that like a pity f*ck?
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/funnypost.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/841.gif" alt="" 21

/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121sympathy polling
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121The imagery of McCain getting the latter is truly disturbing.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Ok, so here's CNN's take on the Obama/Ayres connection. A Peace School and African American Studies...and?b,121b,121object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121sympathy polling
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121Well, he's f*ucked, so yes.