Obama-Ayers smear campaign = Willie Horton 08?

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121lol @ harvey echoing "what do we REALLY know about barack obama?" wtf do you mean, 'what do we really know'? pick up a goddamn newspaper. the only reason there is 'mystery' in his past is because saying so makes it resonate with racists
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121Forget what we might not know...we know he wants to up the ante in Afghanistan and this broken record ain't about to stop reminding anyone who will listen how monumentally stupid that is.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121How about how monumentally stupid it would be to let McCain win by not voting or voting Ron Paul? That must be the Retard side of the equation.

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121lol @ harvey echoing "what do we REALLY know about barack obama?" wtf do you mean, 'what do we really know'? pick up a goddamn newspaper. the only reason there is 'mystery' in his past is because saying so makes it resonate with racists
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121the generalized "who IS /b1 Barack Obama?" line of attack is indeed lame, and no doubt appeals to racists.b,121b,121but there are questions re: his association with Ayers that are legit.b,121b,121(though Harvey is clearly not hung up merely on this Ayers thing; I'm just saying.)

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121but there are questions re: his association with Ayers that are legit.
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eagle.gif" alt="" 21

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121but there are questions re: his association with Ayers that are legit.
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eagle.gif" alt="" 21
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121man some day somebody has GOT to essplain this graemlin to me.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121Forget what we might not know...we know he wants to up the ante in Afghanistan and this broken record ain't about to stop reminding anyone who will listen how monumentally stupid that is.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121How about how monumentally stupid it would be to let McCain win by not voting or voting Ron Paul? That must be the Retard side of the equation.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I'm not taking the blame for you Democrats not putting a true alternative up to replace Bush...2 straight elections even. Had y'all put up someone worthy, I would vote for them in a second. b,121b,121Now, people like you feel forced to vote for someone who isn't gonna change a damned thing...and there's gonna be blood on your hands as soon as Obama takes office and continues down this same path of destruction. b,121b,121I'm saying, a vote for Obama = a vote for increased war in Afghanistan.b,121b,121You people have let this happen, so quit doing what you do best...and start pointing those fingers at your own half-assed selves.

• so if he was against Afghanistan you would "sip the kool-aid"?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Good ol' Harvey. Always above reproach.

/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121so if he was against Afghanistan you would "sip the kool-aid"?
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Yeah, I've gone back and forth on whether I'm going to vote for him. I certainly don't want McCain to win. But yeah, between Brzezinski's involvement, his freakish stance on Afghanistan, and being a gutless chump about the bail-out...no way. b,121b,121Dude only positions himself...he ain't really bout it bout it AT ALL.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121I assume that you've taken a class or two in logic, bloke. This guilt-by-association shit didn't work half a year ago on the American people, and it isn't working now. Check
    a href="http://www.realclearpolitics.com/" target="_blank"1RCP
    /a1.
    b,121
    b,121By the way: Obama is really starting to reel-in these
    a href="http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/#data" target="_blank"1battleground states
    /a1 now. The trends are really unmistakable, and there is less than a month to go. I'll bet that the tomorrow's volley of polling puts Obama - who currently is polling at 353-185 with no toss-ups - at greater than 6.0 in the overall popular vote.
    b,121
    b,121All this news should certainly make a proud Patriot like you sick, Dolo. If only you would stoop down to our level and take part in our elections so your voice would actually count. For shame.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121This is not a matter of guilt by association. Ayres and obama have an intimate working relationship that stretches over 10 years and ayres was instrumental in obama's early career. Doesnt the fact that obama has repeatedly lied about the nature of their relationship peak your interest at all?
    b,121
    b,121Even if you truely belief ayres is an irrelevance why has there been no media interest in what obama did as chairman of his board? this is a board which had a budget of over 100 million dollars and represents just about the only instance of executive experience in obama's career. Why do we know everything about palin's performance from a beauty pagent contestant, to a small town mayor and then governor yet almost nothing about obama's early career, even when it is obviously relevant as his time as chairmen of this board are?
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Dude.b,121b,121Intimate? They were on the board of a charity. b,121b,121Insturmental? He had a coffee/meet and greet at his house.b,121b,121Lied? He has said they are friendly. b,121b,121No interest? Charities incomes and outlays are part of the public record.b,121b,121Why do we know so little about Palin's association with an anti-American secessionist organization? Why wont Palin's operatives cooperate with a criminal investigation being conducted by Alaska's Republican legislature? Where are Palin's school records? Where are McCain's? Where are McCain's health records? Where are McCain's military records? What is he trying to hide?

/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Good ol' Harvey. Always above reproach.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121No, I voted for Clinton in '92...big mistake on my part. b,121b,121And that was the only half-assed, I'm-only-doing-this-because-I-don't-want-Bush-to-win vote I had in me. b,121b,121Can't take myself back to that ugly place ever again.

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121so if he was against Afghanistan you would "sip the kool-aid"?
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121Yeah, I've gone back and forth on whether I'm going to vote for him. I certainly don't want McCain to win. But yeah, between Brzezinski's involvement, his freakish stance on Afghanistan, and being a gutless chump about the bail-out...no way.
    b,121
    b,121Dude only positions himself...he ain't really bout it bout it AT ALL.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121yah i mean what has he really accomplished. definitely AIN'T ABOUT SHIT

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121 NOT ABOUT SHIT
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Compare Barack Wallstreet to his beginnings as an politically outspoken underground rapper.b,121b,121I know you see it.

• Full disclosure: Paycheck's old MC name was "Juicy Barack-ley" and he has been to many clubs where DJ Ayres was spinning.b,121b,121Coincidence?

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Full disclosure: Paycheck's old MC name was "Juicy Barack-ley" and he has been to many clubs where DJ Ayres was spinning.
    b,121
    b,121Coincidence?
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121Or evidence of yet another twisted plot gnawing away at the very fabric of civilization?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Good ol' Harvey. Always above reproach.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121No, I voted for Clinton in '92...big mistake on my part.
    b,121
    b,121And that was the only half-assed, I'm-only-doing-this-because-I-don't-want-Bush-to-win vote I had in me.
    b,121
    b,121Can't take myself back to that ugly place ever again.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Good old Harvey, living in a world he never made. It's all about what makes you feel good. Soft as a new born baby, worried about blood on his hands. b,121b,121Let us know when you have the spine to change anything at all, or run for any elected office, Sheid, and maybe then we can all join you in patting your blameless self on the back.b,121b,121As for me, I will continue to vote in National and local elections, as flawed as they and the candidates may be. I will let true radicals like you think they are the only ones with the key to a better world by sitting things out.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    there is really nothing legit about ayers and the fact that its being brought up AGAIN is bcuz the right wing noise machine decided this was the only way they could win

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Can't tan the snowmanb,121b,121img src=http://www.strictlyfitteds.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/usda_smpl4.jpg1

• Since so many of you seem have an a priori view that right -wing criticism of Obama is premised upon lies I direct you to the far left blog globallabor.blogspot.comb,121b,121It has numerous posts detailing both the true extent of the Obama/ayres relationship and the many lies about this relationship to have emerged from the Obama campaign

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I still think you're an alias and that you don't really believe all the bile you spew on here. But let me ask you this - how are you going to feel when your boy loses on the 4th?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121I still think you're an alias and that you don't really believe all the bile you spew on here. But let me ask you this - how are you going to feel when your boy loses on the 4th?
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Dolo Radio - coming to an AM station near you!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Since so many of you seem have an a priori view that right -wing criticism of Obama is premised upon lies I direct you to the far left blog globallabor.blogspot.com
    b,121
    b,121It has numerous posts detailing both the true extent of the Obama/ayres relationship and the many lies about this relationship to have emerged from the Obama campaign
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121It is highly likely that at this point Ayers and Hallett defined the characteristics of board members they desired including their commitment made to Gregorian about racial and ethnic diversity, if not the discussion of possible individual candidates.
    b,121
    b,1216) In January, 1995, the national Annenberg Challenge announced that the application submitted by Ayers and Hallett on behalf of the CSRC was successful.
    b,121
    b,1217) Sometime in early 1995, Deborah Leff told the New York Times that she suggested the name of Barack Obama to Patricia Graham. Graham told the Times she met with Obama and he agreed to become a board member and chair.
    b,121
    b,121
    b1This is evidence that, indeed, Leff and Graham were carrying out their instructions from Ayers and Hallett.[/b]
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121um, how so?? "according to what was told to me, 'a' and 'b' were hiring people, they asked 'c' to talk to people, and 'c' hired barack obama, ergo 'a' chose obama and conservative fearmongering about him is totally legit!!"

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Thus, I conclude on the basis of the evidence available to me that Bill Ayers, and Anne Hallett, were the individuals legally responsible for the appointment of the board members of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge. The evidence indicates that, as is not at all unusual, they enlisted outside advisors to help with the process, but that, in the end, they made the final decision.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121wow. DAMNING EVIDENCE!!!b,121lmao try harder dolol

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121. While the Times quotes some unnamed sources as saying that Ayers was not involved neither Graham nor Leff are quoted to that effect in the story.
    b,121
    b,121Shane has insisted that Graham told him that Ayers was not involved and now says, for the first time, that Leff also said that. However, neither of them were quoted to that effect in the original story.
    b,121
    b,121
    b1In any case, that is irrelevant because...[paragraph explaining that because ayers signed off on the membership he is legally responsible for having chosen the members, regardless of whether or not he specifically met with and knew of all of them][/b]
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121"i said this happened. two other sources disagreed. he didn't name those sources or quote them directly, but used the information, as reporters do, to write the article. im making a big deal out of this for no reason, because b1that is irrelevent[/b] because legally, he signed these documents which im suggesting somehow means he definitely knew of and was sociable with obama, despite no evidence to back this up."

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    tinfoil hats ready guys, the ny times author has evidence!!b,121/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121On 10/5/08 6:24 PM, "Scott Shane" ... wrote:
    b,121Steve, The letters you sent me are the same as the ones in the Chicago archive -- from your description I thought they might have something more. Since they don't mention Obama, it's hard to see how they prove that Ayers was responsible for his appointment, especially in the face of explanations by Leff and Graham to the contrary. I understand that it must be tough to let go of your theory, but I can't simply ignore what they told me. Their explanations (and those of others both on the record and on background) were consistent and logical and did not change after I showed them the letters you cite.
    b,121I'd suggest that you give them a call (Leff is in DC now at a foundation, Graham is at Harvard). If you talk to them and still believe afterward that they're both lying about this, I'll be surprised. But perhaps it's better to start with evidence and work toward a conclusion than the other way around?
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121but legally, his signature = he must have been obama's personal sac-licker!! i heard he babysat obama's kids and read them marx to put them to sleep

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    dudes the entire exchange where the ny times reporter suggests the blogger actually try doing some research, contacting sources or conducting any kind of journalism is pretty LOL. in response, dolo's blogger decides to ruminate on MSM/ny times media bias - naturally, without citing any evidence or sources that his fantasy of how the ny times is treating this issue.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121nah i find this stuff kind of interesting and i much prefer to read the arguments made and actually take a look at what they're trying to say, regardless of whether or not hes a regular user having some fun there are millions of ppl out there who believe this shit

• Deej, you are a retard of laserwolf proportions.b,121b,121The blogger demonstrates, with documented evidence, that ayres was the only one with the legal authority to make obama chairman. It is therfore nonsense to claim that ayres was uninvolved with obama being made chairman.b,121b,121This is not difficult to understand, you must try harder.