The State of Finds posts...

13»

Comments

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    hey! check it out! the jollibee is gettin stupid doo doo dumb and got the thizz face.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    word to moderating yourself and when threads are pinned, people tend not to look at them which isnt all so different from how the grand multitude of finds posts are treated right now.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

"OMG SOULSTRUT IS A JOKE"[/b]

The fact that the "finds" posts are consistently the most viewed threads on Soul Strut should tell you something. Maybe they are the lair of the lurkers, but I get the feeling all of you guys who are too cool for them are in the minority, even if you are more vocal than those who enjoy them.

I enjoy them.

I've learned about a lot of good music from them, since they are the jump-off point of many discussions of records. "Crate Digging Revealed" and all that.

We tried having just one thread for the week just a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't a disaster, but it did seem to go on forever, which annoyed some people, although I wasn't one of them. The idea fell apart pretty quickly.

Keeping the threads under control doesn't seem like a bad idea to me, but I don't know how that became "I'm not interested in seeing the 3,000th copy of 'Soul of the Horn' posted."

It's just like every other thread on here, from "Favorite Popeye's Side Order" to "Post Your Newest Beat" - if you ain't interested, don't click on it!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

"OMG SOULSTRUT IS A JOKE"[/b]

The fact that the "finds" posts are consistently the most viewed threads on Soul Strut should tell you something. Maybe they are the lair of the lurkers, but I get the feeling all of you guys who are too cool for them are in the minority, even if you are more vocal than those who enjoy them.
    I enjoy them.
    I've learned about a lot of good music from them, since they are the jump-off point of many discussions of records. "Crate Digging Revealed" and all that.
    We tried having just one thread for the week just a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't a disaster, but it did seem to go on forever, which annoyed some people, although I wasn't one of them. The idea fell apart petty quickly.
    Keeping the threads under control doesn't seem like a bad idea to me, but I don't know how that became "I'm not interested in seeing the 3,000th copy of 'Soul of the Horn' posted."
    It's just like every other thread on here, from "Favorite Popeye's Side Order" to "Post Your Newest Beat" - if you ain't interested, don't click on it!

You're partially right, they are the most viewed because lots and lots of people are getting up on lots of records through them.

I don't think they're a bad idea in and of themselves, I just think folks need to

moderate themselves

Of course, lots of people check the finds posts to get a good chuckle.

Justin you out there?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    dude you are hilarious, thank you for making my workday go by faster

• dayday 9,612 Posts

this place fell the fuck off

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    is anybody gonna watch hell's kitchen tonight? i saw the commercial and they all gang up on the one mexican chick. drama drama drama! im definately tuning in.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    dude you are hilarious, thank you for making my workday go by faster

Stop stealing my lines bitch.

It's true though, drip coffee is really slow and after you've seen one b-list celeb you've seen 'em all...

Cheers, I'm out for the night

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    keep squirting

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    get a room, fuckers

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    hey! check it out! the jollibee is gettin stupid doo doo dumb and got the thizz face.

Shig, you're radd!!!!!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    they're the most viewed because people want to find out what is rare without putting in work themselves. i would not be suprised if at least 50% of those views are from lurkers. i like the IDEA of the finds threads but the execution leaves much to be desired. i think if we had a thread for the week and then a separate thread for the weekend, it would cut down on the clutter. the moderators could play a large role in this by starting the threads for whatever time period and locking any additional threads posted.

as far as "if you're not interested in it, don't click on it" goes, there are a LOT of completely pointless threads on here that tend to bring down the overall quality of the site. i know a lot of people have stopped visiting the site because of this. i like the fact that there is record discussion and people just spitting shit about their lives, but some people just gotta think before they post a thread.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    get a room, fuckers

I was just going to post this!!!!!!!!!!!

This is like some ESP shit & I'm not talking about "Back Rappin"!!!

h

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    get a room, fuckers

I was just going to post this!!!!!!!!!!!

This is like some ESP shit & I'm not talking about "Back Rappin"!!!

h

one day in the heat of the moment JP and I are going to start fucking like animals

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I don't usually say stuff like this, but...

SOULSTRUT IS A JOKE

Seriously, everyone needs to step their post game up.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I don't usually say stuff like this, but...

SOULSTRUT IS A JOKE

Seriously, everyone needs to step their post game up.

WORD SOULSTRUT IS [/b] A JOKE.
    SO WHY DOESN'T EVERYONE JUST FUCKIN' RELAX AND NOT GET ALL PISSY OVER A FUCKING MESSAGE BOARD.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    as a newbie, the only thing i can contribute this thread is that if you guys REALLY think there is a "soul strut effect" on "My People... Hold on" by Eddie Kendricks, you're out of your fucking minds! that record was a disco classic from day one... fuck, i have a bootleg 12" from the late 80's with "Top Billin'" and "Do the James" on side 1 and "girl, you need a change of mind" and "date with the rain" on side 2. every disco/house head in the world knows those tracks, a lotta people sweat "change of mind" as the first disco song... SOUL STRUT HAS NEVER HAD AN EFFECT ON THIS RECORD...

oh, and i don't mind digs threads, but people gotta keep some common sense on it... posting something common is fine, if you're into it and write up something interesting... use your head, don't brag, don't bore, tell us someting about the record or how you got it,,, and, speaking as someone who buys all types of records, i enjoy seeing shit like some fucking Dan Penn record i never even knew existed way more than some jerk-off jazz/funk holy grail piece that everyone admits is a piece of shit record, but has a nice break...

basically, we need "finds" posts b/c that's the point of this forum, no? records? people just need to not abuse this shit... as for all these official, pinned,weekly "finds" posts, yo, if people really need a babysitter like that, then this shit is jr. high school...

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    i think we need more threads about threads

HA HA!