The State of Finds posts...

Comments

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I feel like I couldn't care less what yall find in the field 99% of the time.

Soul Purpose: Let's Go (remix) / Five Finger Discount 12" Coup D'Etat

Not rare.

Rest assured that for inspiration I will be rocking "Five Finger Discount"* on my (yet-to-be purchased) iPod when I visit Good Records NYC.

*[latepass]But seriously, that song is a burner. Good work. [/latepass]

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Soul Purpose: Let's Go (remix) / Five Finger Discount 12" Coup D'Etat

Not rare.

Rest assured that for inspiration I will be rocking "Five Finger Discount"* on my (yet-to-be purchased) iPod when I visit Good Records NYC.

THAT NIGHT, YO I WAS HITTIN LIKE A SPIKED BAT

*[latepass]But seriously, that song is a burner. Good work. [/latepass]

Thanks mate. Top chune for us geezers.

Fuckin label fuckin fucked us on it though...

• whoever suggested "Finds the week of July 18 - 25" (and so on) had the right idea.

co-sign this...

How about going a step further and having a separate "Finds" forum (i.e. separate to CRATE DIGGING REVEALED).

Only admins/moderators can create threads in this forum but anyone can reply. They only need to create 1 a week (Week 1 Finds, Week 2 finds, etc...).

Whaddya say Raj?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    post deleted due to redundancy

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

I FOUND MICHAEL WYCOFF TODAY!!! YAY!!!

OH SHIT I FOUND SHEREE BROWN!!!! OH SHIT!!! FUCKING CARRIE LUCAS DOG!!!

UHHHH, FUCKING TEMPO 70 and SHALIMAR OST!!!! SHIT I JUST CREAMED MY PANTS.
    sorry, we dont all own record store

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

this thread has the potential to be a soulstrut beef classic.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

that was my point...but I gotcha. I always figured my first deleted post would involve a "spicy" jpeg, not a re-hash of someone else's joke...

cool, I'm just trying to keep things readable around here
    I hate scrolling through that huge list

• Maybe a weekend finds roundup thread could be in order... post your top finds of the season... could be a bit more interesting than looking at someone's Caldera LP they found at the local Women's Auxiliary Hut... I'll show you mine if you show me yours!!!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    i think we need more threads about threads

I FOUND MICHAEL WYCOFF TODAY!!! YAY!!!

OH SHIT I FOUND SHEREE BROWN!!!! OH SHIT!!! FUCKING CARRIE LUCAS DOG!!!

UHHHH, FUCKING TEMPO 70 and SHALIMAR OST!!!! SHIT I JUST CREAMED MY PANTS.
    sorry, we dont all own record store

Ha ha, not my point at all. Of course records I would have NEVER found in the field come in here. But even long before that, I was still pretty unentertained by the average week/end finds... my own included. Seriously, those are all quality records but I don't really care when someone finds them... especially when that person lives in Texas, or Cali, or Virginia or wherever.

I've always thought of these threads as kind of stupid and self-important, but I have always been in the minority on that... where's JROOT???

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

the finds post, also serve another purpose besides flossin' shit...you see what other folk have...it might not be raer, or a new discovery, but it is something someone might be looking for and havent been able to turn up out in the field...and you can PM dude and possibly trade for it. Ive gotten a couple "white whales" that way...

the finds post, also serve another purpose besides flossin' shit...you see what other folk have...it might not be raer, or a new discovery, but it is something someone might be looking for and havent been able to turn up out in the field...and you can PM dude and possibly trade for it. Ive gotten a couple "white whales" that way...

This is true.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Maybe a weekend finds roundup thread could be in order... post your top finds of the season... could be a bit more interesting than looking at someone's Caldera LP they found at the local Women's Auxiliary Hut... I'll show you mine if you show me yours!!!

How about a separate eBay "digs" thread coz I just dropped $70 on Ray Barretto isn't a better dig than I just found a Mongo Santamaria for a buck.

Coz, come on, this is all about point scoring for your Soulstrut Online Persona[/b]?? innit?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

This is true.

OK maybe, and then it can get posted in your next "weekend finds" thread

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

This is true.

Am I actually reading Paycheck and Hook Up agreeing on something??

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

Same here. I think it can be interesting to see what other people are buying as well. There are definite trends in this business and if you sell, it's good to know what's hot and what's not.

On the other hand, I've been thinking along the same lines as Johnny lately. There are way too many threads because so many dudes are on some "I need some validation" shit. Not that I've never been guilty of that, but I know when enough is enough. For example, if you find "Black Moses" by Isaac Hayes just go ahead and pat yourself on the back. It's a nice album, but you don't need to tell everyone about it.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i think we need more threads about threads

HA HA!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

This is true.

Am I actually reading Paycheck and Hook Up agreeing on something??

I was thinking the same thing.

Personally I think the weekend finds are great. Always a nice assortment of LP's and usually there is some interesting rackord talk happening in there too. Its like the last bastion of record nerdom on here that hasn't been fucked with...that is til I started criticizing it.

If your really bored by it they ain't hard to skip by, however one mans negative attitude towards it does not represent everyone else. As long as people post, peep and learn from the posts I think they are well worth, just don't want to see them become so watered down that they become nothing but skipped and wasted threads

Wait, Adam, you're telling uninterested people to skip it but then are worried that people will skip it? If you really want people to not skip the posts, then one should limit the post itself because, yes, it's interesting when you find something truly rare but other times it's kind of "meh". Also, yes... pictures are very interesting. Moreso than words (unless you happen to be SonicReducer...)

Trust me, I'm not the only person that sees the folly in these kinds of posts. However, many of them don't post here much because... well, they're tired of reading "DUDE! I JUST FOUND FUCKING DR JOHN IN THE RIGHT PLACE! YESSSSSSS!!!!!!"

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    mad doggie?

what I'm saying is I like the idea of finds posts and I thnk others do as well, however having a new thread start up every other hour is pretty pointless.

Now I understand that you seem to think your speaking for more than just one person when you state your personal opinion but really your just one dude...and a bitter dude at that whose opinion means a lot less than someone who hasn't shown so much animosity towards others. You've made your point, we all saw it, we all understand and thats that.

unless you feel that you need several more posts reiterate what you already reiterated

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    honestly it is kind of wrong to lash out against anyone here that is willing to talk records. this board kind of needs more talk about records, even if it is some weak ass common vg-royayerscommon post. just my opinion. i don't really read them anyway....sometimes it's funny to see dudes getting all hyped though.

mad doggie?

what I'm saying is I like the idea of finds posts and I thnk others do as well, however having a new thread start up every other hour is pretty pointless.

Now I understand that you seem to think your speaking for more than just one person when you state your personal opinion but really your just one dude...and a bitter dude at that who opinion means a lot less than someone who hasn't shown so much animosity towards others. You've made your point, we all saw it, we all understand and thats that.

unless you feel that you need several more posts reiterate what you already reiterated

I don't really need to reiterate shit, but I do like fucking with yall... it's fun...

I do "seem to think" I speak for others because when I talk to them "in the real world" they're like "OMG SOULSTRUT IS A JOKE" and I generally can't argue. Yall seem so concerned with the state of the website but any time anyone says anything contrary you're like "Well you're just a bitter old guy!" Well, OK. Ask yourself why most of the heavy collectors on here don't post much anymore. Ask yourself why many British folks don't post. It's not because of the people, for christ sake there's plenty of assholes on all of these sites - it's because the talk of the music itself is pretty fucking juvenile.

Now as for being bitter dude, man I am so happy right now I could squirt.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I do "seem to think" I speak for others because when I talk to them "in the real world" they're like "OMG SOULSTRUT IS A JOKE" and I generally can't argue.

don't forget your the most prolific poster on this site hommie

Yall seem so concerned with the state of the website but any time anyone says anything contrary you're like "Well you're just a bitter old guy!" Well, OK. Ask yourself why most of the heavy collectors on here don't post much anymore.

stay squirtingly gleeful

I do "seem to think" I speak for others because when I talk to them "in the real world" they're like "OMG SOULSTRUT IS A JOKE" and I generally can't argue.

Yall seem so concerned with the state of the website but any time anyone says anything contrary you're like "Well you're just a bitter old guy!" Well, OK. Ask yourself why most of the heavy collectors on here don't post much anymore.

stay squirtingly gleeful

Yep, it's all my fault.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

Yep, it's all my fault.

this place fell the fuck off when crazypoprocks left

• what if we have it pinned to the top of the threads list by a moderhater like raj does with the ebay post. or make that the only thread in a new category, ie not Crate Diggin Revealed? And not be able to make a new post. i think these are all possible things. its been awhile since i have moderated.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    what if we have it pinned to the top of the threads list by a moderhater like raj does with the ebay post. or make that the only thread in a new category, ie not Crate Diggin Revealed? And not be able to make a new post. i think these are all possible things.

yes

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    what if we have it pinned to the top of the threads list by a moderhater like raj does with the ebay post. or make that the only thread in a new category, ie not Crate Diggin Revealed? And not be able to make a new post. i think these are all possible things. its been awhile since i have moderated.

How about if people moderate themselves and stop posting up new finds threads every other day?

How about if people moderate themselves