People label...

Funky_MimizuFunky_Mimizu 631 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Hello... Just wondering what's up with a green People label on a 45? Got it on a Lyn Collins "Think(About It)"... wondering if it's a boot or a reissue? SPeaking of which... how about a black and white Westbound label?Sorry for the ingnorant questions...Peace...FNM

Comments

• OneSoulOneSoul 206 Posts
    Hello... Just wondering what's up with a green People label on a 45? Got it on a Lyn Collins "Think(About It)"... wondering if it's a boot or a reissue? SPeaking of which... how about a black and white Westbound label?

Sorry for the ingnorant questions...

Peace...
    FNM

the green people label is a legit issue and from what I've been told, are more desirable because they are vinyl and not styrene like alot of the other purple label presses (the only green ones I have seen are by Lyn Collins) As far as the B/W Westbound it's a dj/promo copy.

-B-

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Anybody know the deal with that "Truth" - s/t lp on people?

Is it the same label as brother James?

Strange record to be on People, if it is.

• Nice, thanks man...

I lucked out at a used comic shop that sells vinyl. LP's were nothing but Christmas and Christian records... But after digging through about 5 boxes of 45's, I came up with with some nice stuff. Some was in so-so to shit condition, but some were mint... including the above two, which made me question their authenticity.

Thanks again,
    Peace...
    FNM

• Hello... Just wondering what's up with a green People label on a 45? Got it on a Lyn Collins "Think(About It)"... wondering if it's a boot or a reissue? SPeaking of which... how about a black and white Westbound label?

Peace...
    FNM

the green people label is a legit issue and from what I've been told, are more desirable because they are vinyl and not styrene like alot of the other purple label presses (the only green ones I have seen are by Lyn Collins) As far as the B/W Westbound it's a dj/promo copy.

-B-

By the way...

Another thing I thought was odd is that it appears to have the same version of "Think (About It)" on both sides of the pressing.

Peace...
    FNM

• OneSoulOneSoul 206 Posts
    Hello... Just wondering what's up with a green People label on a 45? Got it on a Lyn Collins "Think(About It)"... wondering if it's a boot or a reissue? SPeaking of which... how about a black and white Westbound label?

Peace...
    FNM

-B-

By the way...

Another thing I thought was odd is that it appears to have the same version of "Think (About It)" on both sides of the pressing.

Peace...
    FNM

Stereo[/b] b/w mono[/b] I'll bet...

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I have a green label JBs "Watermelon man"...says promo, I thought the green ones were promos. hence the same tune on both sides.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

Peace...
    FNM

-B-

By the way...

Peace...
    FNM

I was under the impression that the green label people 7"s were simply promo copies - all mine are!

• Hello... Just wondering what's up with a green People label on a 45? Got it on a Lyn Collins "Think(About It)"... wondering if it's a boot or a reissue? SPeaking of which... how about a black and white Westbound label?

Peace...
    FNM

-B-

By the way...

Peace...
    FNM

Yeah... You're right. Thanks man...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Not JB's People

There are at least three labels w/that name

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Not JB's People

There are at least three labels w/that name

Kim Weston.

Peace...
    FNM

-B-

By the way...

Peace...
    FNM

That's what my copy is. I also have a B&W Westbound 45 of 'Rhythm Changes'b/w 'Pack Of Lies' by The Fabulous Counts...

• My Black and White Westbound is The Count's "Thinking Single"... That shit is nice, and I had never heard it before. 50 cents for all 45's regardless... that's how all non music specializing shops that sell records should do it. I hate when they try assign a dollar value when they don't know what thehell they got.

A question about Westbound... They put out alot of funky shit right? But what"s the deal with Ron MacGregor? BOught a Westbound 45 with "Americans" by Ron MacGregor b/w "America the Beautiful" by the Westbound Strings. "Americans" is some dude talking over "America the Beautiful" about how great Americans are, and how we've bailed people out throughout history, and came to the rescue... "America the Beautiful" is exactly that... Just a straight strings version of "America the Beautiful"... Kinda strange.

Peace...
    FNM

Peace...

FNM

-B-

By the way...

Peace...

FNM

Yeah this is the case. i have a couple. one of which being a beautiful vinyl copy of giving up food for funk. one of my favorites. had for a long ass time too.

you will also notice that the green label 45's have raised bumps on the outer edge of the label. sort of an odd characteristic.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    A question about Westbound... They put out alot of funky shit right?

I get the impression that Westbound put out a lot of different stuff, it was just the soul sounds that caught on. They also had a stable of rock acts as well, like Frut, Rockville Junction, and one-hit wonders Teegarden & Van Winkle ("God, Love & Rock & Roll," 1970).

But what"s the deal with Ron MacGregor? BOught a Westbound 45 with "Americans" by Ron MacGregor b/w "America the Beautiful" by the Westbound Strings. "Americans" is some dude talking over "America the Beautiful" about how great Americans are, and how we've bailed people out throughout history, and came to the rescue... "America the Beautiful" is exactly that... Just a straight strings version of "America the Beautiful"... Kinda strange.

BYRON MacGregor was a newcaster on a Canadian radio station. I understand he read "The Americans" over the air one day, and listener demand was so great that Westbound released it as a single in 1974. And it was a hit, too. As far as "America The Beautiful," that was just flip-side filler.

• A question about Westbound... They put out alot of funky shit right?

I get the impression that Westbound put out a lot of different stuff, it was just the soul sounds that caught on. They also had a stable of rock acts as well, like Frut, Rockville Junction, and one-hit wonders Teegarden & Van Winkle ("God, Love & Rock & Roll," 1970).

But what"s the deal with Ron MacGregor? BOught a Westbound 45 with "Americans" by Ron MacGregor b/w "America the Beautiful" by the Westbound Strings. "Americans" is some dude talking over "America the Beautiful" about how great Americans are, and how we've bailed people out throughout history, and came to the rescue... "America the Beautiful" is exactly that... Just a straight strings version of "America the Beautiful"... Kinda strange.

BYRON MacGregor was a newcaster on a Canadian radio station. I understand he read "The Americans" over the air one day, and listener demand was so great that Westbound released it as a single in 1974. And it was a hit, too. As far as "America The Beautiful," that was just flip-side filler.

Interesting... I had no idea, thanks man!

Peace...
    FNM