POINT BREAK APPRECIATION (NRR)

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
really wish I was at a socal beach dude surf house party with swayze and keanu right now

pass the limes

Comments

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts

That used to be like a sunday FOX or TBS stable movie... used to catch it all the time. Possibly one of Keanu's best roles.

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    Utah, get me two....

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Good call. Classic corny 90's flick. That was hillarious when Anthony Keidis got capped in the foot. And then Reagan mask dude torched the gas station and ran through people's houses. Then we see Keanu's acting ability ("like, nooooooo!!!") at it's finest as the plane is going down and he dives from it without a parachute, magically grabbing onto Gary Busey in mid-air

Roy, turn on your PM's

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    100% pure adrenalin my ass. But anything is better than In God's Hands[/b].

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Possibly one of Keanu's best roles.

No no no.

Are you kidding?

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    GARY BUSEY !

maybe not in drag like "under seige", but still
    gary busey = fbi ?!?

• Options
    Then we see Keanu's acting ability ("like, nooooooo!!!") at it's finest as the plane is going down and he dives from it without a parachute, magically grabbing onto Gary Busey in mid-air

Nah man, he grabbed Swayze. Busey got shot at the airport by President Carter.

• you guys are all old

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    you guys are all old

you wanna know old?
    I saw this in college as a first run movie.
    Ah, Tuesdays were student night at the local theatre, $3 w/ your college ID.
    And there was a $1 movie theatre that actually only cost a buck for second run movies(movies a month or three old). The good old days.

• for fucks sake, was it a double feature with the Last Boyscout?

• Options

for fucks sake, was it a double feature with the Last Boyscout?

I saw both of them when they were out in theaters.

• man that mustve been quite a summer

Actually, I remember seeing "Johnny Handsome" about the same time, and I think we walked out of that. Point Break I remember liking as a pretty stupid but very entertaining film.

man, how bad does a movie you paid a buck to see have to be before you walk out?
    Johnny Handsome was that movie. Yuck.

• Options
    man that mustve been quite a summer

Yes, pointing out that I saw two movies definitely DEFINES the summer of whatever year it was they came out in. My friends and I still talk about it, "Yo, remember back in 199_, when we saw those two movies??? YOOOOOOO, that was THE SUMMER".

• man that mustve been quite a summer

Yes, pointing out that I saw two movies definitely DEFINES the summer of whatever year it was they came out in. My friends and I still talk about it, "Yo, remember back in 199_, when we saw those two movies??? YOOOOOOO, that was THE SUMMER".

• Options

man that mustve been quite a summer

ok.

• coolchriscoolchris 301 Posts
    I've alway's had a soft spot for this movie because they robbed a bank across the street from a park I used to play at when I was a kid(Douglas Park on Wilshire).The only thing I hated about that movie was that annoying chick from Tank Girl.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Actually, I remember seeing "Johnny Handsome" about the same time, and I think we walked out of that. Point Break I remember liking as a pretty stupid but very entertaining film.

man, how bad does a movie you paid a buck to see have to be before you walk out?

Word? I like Johnny Handsome. Let's see:

Walter Hill, director of The Warriors and countless other pulp action films?

Check.

Mickey Rourke, king of the 80's action sleaze film?

Check.

Lance Henriksen, overacting like a motherfugger?

Check.

Ellen Barkin trying to out-over-act Lance?

Check.

I admit it was a really dumb flick, but IMO it falls under "good" bad (like Point Break) and not just BAD.

• ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts
    You guys are weak. I saw POINT BREAK on ice when you were still itchin' your daddy's pants.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    flick is on an encore cable station right now
    they are all holding hands while floating down

• for fucks sake, was it a double feature with the Last Boyscout?

What about that Jawn Mnemonic?

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    uh, the short story is pretty hot....

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Possibly one of Keanu's best roles.

No no no.

Are you kidding?

Yeah... that might have been a bit much. He doesn't really have[/b] good roles... lol

But I like him in this. He fits well into that kind of movie. (read: cheeesy movies)

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

But I like him in this. He fits well into that kind of movie. (read: cheeesy movies)

Constantine =

Word? I like Johnny Handsome. Let's see:

Walter Hill, director of The Warriors and countless other pulp action films?

Check.

Mickey Rourke, king of the 80's action sleaze film?

Check.

Lance Henriksen, overacting like a motherfugger?

Check.

Ellen Barkin trying to out-over-act Lance?

Check.

I admit it was a really dumb flick, but IMO it falls under "good" bad (like Point Break) and not just BAD.

Well, you might be onto something, as I recall walking out of "The People Under the Stairs" cuz it sucked(actually staggered out, me and buddies had all recently turned 21 and could booze it up legally at a Green Mill happy hour down the street in St Paul), but having seen it again recently, I realized how the film was such a satire of the Reagan 80s in the first place that it was actually quite good. But still, there are probably more films I would revisit before Johnny Handsome, but I will concede that it might actually be a good Bad Movie. The print we saw though had boom mikes clearly visible, shadows of mikes, and a lot of really bad gaffes. I always wondered how that happened.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    flick is on an encore cable station right now
    they are all holding hands while floating down

Any movie where they can have a conversation while skydiving without parachutes is on some next level shit.

• Any movie where they can have a conversation while skydiving without parachutes is on some next level shit.

ha.

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts
    ayo I give it to you point blank
    in your moms place
    so like point break with a mask on with presidents face

• " i caught my first tube today sir".

lol.

na but seriously, the only real blockbuster surf movie EVER is "Big Wednesday". everything else compared to this is...

get familiar.