buying digital music/scams

bozakbozak 334 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
so i found some ish on the beatsource.com site that i havnt been able to track down on wax or am not willing to pay for shipping from japan or whatever. some tracks I want to put on a mix and I have this weird thing about only putting music I own or am directly given from the artist on my mixes, hence im shopping at beatsource.for whatever reason my card wont clear no matter what I do. (money in the account, info is typed in correct).so I do the customer service instant message thingy and 'Tina' tells me I need to send her images of my credit card and ID. She says that they only need the last four digits of the card and that all information is destroyed after confirmation....but come on ive never heard of this before! never been asked to do this, never heard of a friend doing this, nothing.have any of yalls done this before? sound like a scam?im a bit sketched out on this....

Comments

• ZekeZeke 221 Posts
    I have had to scan my ID before to get authorized on some larger online purchases.

It also looks like beatsource.com accepts PayPal. You could just setup a PayPal account, transfer your funds from the credit card through PayPal.

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    paypal and myself have issues.

thats not going to work. (forgotten password/ originally signed up with an older checking account/ they send new password info to a no longer working email address related).

this is odd cuz the purchase amounts to 4 bucks