I want to be a MMA enthusiast

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
Satoko Shinasi(turn the volume off as the music is crap)why I havent heard of this fighting league and her before? Im in love..what an adorable little bad ass...

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    From: http://www.cagepotato.com/2008/04/22/dear-guy-attending-this-live-mma-event-an-open-letter/

Dear Guy Attending This Live MMA Event,

Hey dude, how???s it going? I can???t help but notice that you???re sitting in the seat right behind mine. That???s cool. It???s just that ??? and I don???t want to sound like a jerk here or anything ??? you???re kind of driving me crazy.

I know you???re just trying to have a good time, but I have a couple of tips for you. Five, to be exact. Just hear me out:

1. You don???t need to catcall the ring girl every time she gets up to ply her trade. The first couple of times? When you shouted out crude expressions about parts of her body that you found attractive, once even suggesting that you would have sexual intercourse with her if given the chance? Yeah, I think she got the point then. You don???t have to keep doing it seven fights in. She knows how ???totally freaking hot??? she is without you screaming it at her.

2. Take it easy with the boo???s. Don???t get me wrong, I think expressing displeasure is your right as a ticket buyer. Maybe it???s even part of the fun. But if you boo at everything, I worry that soon you will make the act of booing seem meaningless.

It???s like in that last fight, when you booed as soon as the action hit the mat. Then you booed after the stand-up, and at the end of the round. You see that security guard? He???s coming over here to take your beer away. Then you???ll really have something to boo about.

3. We could do without the running commentary of every fight. Unless the guy you???re sitting with is blind, he doesn???t need you describing what???s happening at every moment. You also don???t need to tell us what you would do to get out of that armbar. We all realize that you ???train.??? We figured that out when you showed up wearing the t-shirt from your gym. Something tells me that you also wore a Danzig t-shirt to that Danzig show you once attended at this same arena and have mentioned several times already.

4. You???re right about how two guys fighting on the ground somewhat resembles the sex act. That???s really clever of you to point that out at the top of your lungs. It was almost as funny as when you shouted ???kick his ass, Sea Bass.??? Seriously funny stuff there, referencing that movie from the nineties. I never would have thought of doing that.

5. Lastly, please don???t pick a fight on your way out of the arena. I know it sounds like a good idea. You???ve just seen all this fighting and it has reminded you how cool violence is, but starting a fight here will only get you arrested. Plus, it???s not going to successfully impress that girl in the tube top. She???s here with her boyfriend. All the women here are.

Yes, that totally sucks. You???re right, Guy Attending This Live MMA Event. But what can we do?

Please let me know if you ever plan on attending another one of these. I???m going to stay home and watch TV.

Sincerely Yours,

Concerned MMA Fan

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Ha! after seeing the haymaker at 1:10...If I get to go to a MMA event I will sit respectfully, clap and cheer at the right moments with the appropriate words and just gaze doe-eyed.

Seriously though, I watched some other fights and the insane quickness of her is mind boggling...it seems half of her opponents take a swing and before they are even half way through with their swing, she has already taken them down with a single leg and has them immobilized. A Ninja in a ponytail.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    wow this lady has amazing judo skills. any u dudes ever do karate with chicks? well, i did judo with chicks and i will say that the girls are usually really effing TOUGH. i mean im a big wuss and would do judo cuz it was fun to throw fools around the gym and u think youre having fun doing the chicken fight and making your friends slap themselves in the face and what nots but then u wrassle with a girl and they take it to that next level of seriousness and get that wild look in their eye and they wind up pulling your shoulder out of socket elbowing u in the ballnuts and socking u in the neck and this is just practice time when its like common knowledge to just goof around. i mean dang sisters! ok, im just kidding. dont do judo on me any more.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    wow any u dudes ever do karate with chicks? well, i did judo with chicks and i will say that the girls are usually really effing TOUGH. but then u wrassle with a girl and they take it to that next level of seriousness and get that wild look in their eye and they wind up pulling your shoulder out of socket elbowing u in the ballnuts and socking u in the neck and this is just practice time when its like common knowledge to just goof around. i mean dang sisters! ok, im just kidding. dont do judo on me any more.

uhh.. unless that's "your thing"!

:shifts uncomfortably and looks at the floor:

its one of my many "things"

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    My dude: Genki Sudo.

Pop locking in the ring and all that.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Flying triangles so real.

Did you see that Genki Sudo documentary where he talks about passing through tatami mats into the 3.5 dimension? Dude is on one.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    The Hook Up, if you're going to be a fan, you should know that [from what i've seen] it is mandatory to buy "Tap Out" brand shorts and/or shirt, a black fitted hat worn close to the eyebrows, be as equally into motor cross, and drink lots of "Monster" energy drinks.

Did you see that Genki Sudo documentary where he talks about passing through tatami mats into the 3.5 dimension? Dude is on one.

Flying umaplatt so realer!

I haven't seen that doc, but for some reason, I think dude could actually do it.

DANI PUNCH![/b]

Plaese to post favorite MMA fights ever...

No youtube, but Carlos Newton -v- Matt Hughes I

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    The Hook Up, if you're going to be a fan, you should know that [from what i've seen] it is mandatory to buy "Tap Out" brand shorts and/or shirt, a black fitted hat worn close to the eyebrows, be as equally into motor cross, and drink lots of "Monster" energy drinks.

hmmm. perhaps I will have to keep my enthusiast status closeted. I thought going to a MMA match would be in a hyper modern arena with huge diamondvision screens displaying hello kitty and other cartoon characters, kobe beef skewers at the concessions, Icy cold asian beer and Jun Mayazumi "Black Room" pumped through the PA....I guess I am wrong

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    it's different in the states mane.

lots of hi-fives, bro'in down, and "training"

k1 and pride is what u seek. well, at least thats how it used to be. im not a fan of this stuff so i dont really keep up.

k1 and pride is what u seek. well, at least thats how it used to be. im not a fan of this stuff so i dont really keep up.

K1 is a bit boring. Pride is definitely whats up. A far more educated/respectful fanbase that appreciate the science a lot better than the average UFC fan.

I haven't kept up since my free pay-per-view days, but every time I catch a UFC fight it feels like a large percentage of the audience are WWF crossovers.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

No youtube, but Carlos Newton -v- Matt Hughes I

haha Wandy is a beast!

my favorite part of all those old Pride dvd's is Bas Rutten's commentaries. dude is funny as hell.

Bas Rutten's commentaries. dude is funny as hell.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Bas Rutten's commentaries. dude is funny as hell.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

hahahahahaha YES! he cracks me up. like when he's commentating a fight during the post fight interview

Japanese fighter: speaks in Japanese
    Bas (off camera): he say, "El Guapo is the best"

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

I will NEVER forgive UFC and Big Shitbird Mccarthy for the time they stood my man Genki up against Bang Ludwig. total robbery. UFC sucks for that sometimes.

my favorite part of all those old Pride dvd's is Bas Rutten's commentaries. dude is funny as hell.

sooo funny. to this day I am salty that Frank Trigg took over. dude sucks in comparison.

and the early Quintin Jackson pre-fight interviews? from like Pride 15, 17, 18? CLASSIC material. that dude had jokes.

the bas-frank pancrase series was great.

one of the best to ever do it:

Dude, thanks for reminding me why I hated Pancrase!

and one of the bast ever:

Dude, NO!!! Bellfort is a hack! That was luck.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    This dude is no joke. That first punch is

That Shamrock vs. Le fight was one of the best fights I've seen in a long time.

one of the best to ever do it:

Major!

Dude had probably the best genetic makeup for the sport but also quite possibly the worst psychological state as well. His Vale Tudo days were ILL!!!

Le is a one kick pony. Just sayin...

one of the best finishes ever from one of my fav fighters ever. you really gotta see the whole fight to fully appreciate this, but anyway...

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Le is a one kick pony. Just sayin...

You think so? What makes you say that? He was pretty methodical in that Shamrock fight.
    I'll admit that was the first I'd seen of him tho.