START CHALLENGING THIS CORPORATE SLAVE STATE!

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central

Comments

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    is that from a waking life? Yea he sounds pretty right on but what are you doing about it?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Alex Jones is funny.

• This has me a little shook:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=63514

I might need to bounce to Great Britain where the water isn't fluoridated and the heath care is free.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    This has me a little shook:

I might need to bounce to Great Britain where the water isn't fluoridated and the heath care is free.

Ripper: Mandrake?
    Mandrake: Yes, Jack?
    Ripper: Have you ever seen a Commie drink a glass of water?
    Mandrake: Well, I can't say I have.
    Ripper: Vodka, that's what they drink, isn't it? Never water?
    Mandrake: Well, I-I believe that's what they drink, Jack, yes.
    Ripper: On no account will a Commie ever drink water, and not without good reason.
    Mandrake: Oh, eh, yes. I, uhm, can't quite see what you're getting at, Jack.
    Ripper: Water, that's what I'm getting at, water. Mandrake, water is the source of all life. Seven-tenths of this earth's surface is water. Why, do you realize that seventy percent of you is water?
    Mandrake: Uh, uh, Good Lord!
    Ripper: And as human beings, you and I need fresh, pure water to replenish our precious bodily fluids.
    Mandrake: Yes. (he begins to chuckle nervously)
    Ripper: Are you beginning to understand?
    Mandrake: Yes. (more laughter)
    Ripper: Mandrake. Mandrake, have you never wondered why I drink only distilled water, or rain water, and only pure-grain alcohol?
    Mandrake: Well, it did occur to me, Jack, yes.
    Ripper: Have you ever heard of a thing called fluoridation. Fluoridation of water?
    Mandrake: Uh? Yes, I-I have heard of that, Jack, yes. Yes.
    Ripper: Well, do you know what it is?
    Mandrake: No, no I don't know what it is, no.
    Ripper: Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face?

• This has me a little shook:

Ripper: On no account will a Commie ever drink water, and not without good reason.
    Ripper: Water, that's what I'm getting at, water. Mandrake, water is the source of all life. Seven-tenths of this earth's surface is water. Why, do you realize that seventy percent of you is water?
    Ripper: And as human beings, you and I need fresh, pure water to replenish our precious bodily fluids.
    Ripper: Mandrake. Mandrake, have you never wondered why I drink only distilled water, or rain water, and only pure-grain alcohol?
    Ripper: Have you ever heard of a thing called fluoridation. Fluoridation of water?
    Ripper: Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face?

It's a plot of the new world order, not the communists.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    is that from a waking life?

Yes.

Yea he sounds pretty right on but what are you doing about it?

First and foremost, adjusting my lifestyle accordingly.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Alex Jones' anger shtick irritates me.

He talks sense for a while, you begin to tune in and then he starts going off like Walter in the Big Lebowski.

I have the same issue with Icke: he is a very intelligent man, an engaging speaker, he makes sense, his speeches are well structured, his message is delivered with clarity and then BAM!

for me, Jones' anger and Icke's blind acceptance of every possible conspiracy theory and the lizard bit are their greatest weaknesses and dilute an otherwise believable message.

A shtick? How would you expect for someone who deals in the issues that Jones deals in not to get angry?

A shtick? How would you expect for someone who deals in the issues that Jones deals in not to get angry?

i would expect a man that realizes the importance of such a message to be able to stay calm when he delivers it.

like i said before, his delivery dilutes the message and thus allows detractors an easy dismissal.

"oh, thats that guy who yells all the time (or in ickes case, belives in lizard people), he is crazy"

and suddenly everything the man(men) ever said is written off as the ramblings of an unstable lunatic.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

dude you are like a jehovah???s witness with this shit, its been years and your still trying to get some dudes into your cult of stupidity on this board, just stick to talking about crappy rap and give up on the chem trails and jewish lizard bankers

i would expect a man that realizes the importance of such a message to be able to stay calm when he delivers it.

like i said before, his delivery dilutes the message and thus allows detractors an easy dismissal.

"oh, thats that guy who yells all the time (or in ickes case, belives in lizard people), he is crazy"

and suddenly everything the man(men) ever said is written off as the ramblings of an unstable lunatic.

That's on you (and those who look for anything in order to write Jones off) though...

Extract the anger and I wouldn't believe some robotic broadcaster telling me horrific shit with a poker face.

I am human and I expect my news sources to be as well.

That's on you (and those who look for anything in order to write Jones off) though...

Extract the anger and I wouldn't believe some robotic broadcaster telling me horrific shit with a poker face.

you missed my point.

It is not 'on me' at all. far from it, it is on Mr Jones.

His detractors don't need to work to hard to discredit him in the eyes of the general public.

in this soundbite world, his anger defines his message thus he is discrediting himself.

his Problem is his Reaction this provides his 'enemies' with a Solution.

you missed my point.

It is not 'on me' at all. far from it, it is on Mr Jones.

His detractors don't need to work to hard to discredit him in the eyes of the general public.

in this soundbite world, his anger defines his message thus he is discrediting himself.

his Problem is his Reaction this provides his 'enemies' with a Solution.

You know what though...there is no time to wait on people who let reasonable displays of anger discredit the truth being presented to them. This isn't a popularity contest where kumbaya consensus is the goal. It's someone risking his own ass to rip right through the lies. He gets angry, like I heard him on the radio at lunch today, upon learning about such things as sterilization-laced potatoes. Anyone in their right mind should be angry about that. Yet, you and others fault him for being normal? I don't get your gripe at all.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    This has me a little shook:

yes yes yes yes yes yes

I hate when I make strangelove references and nobody gets them.

I like to say Get over here mandrake the red coats are coming!

nobody thinks its funny

You know what though...there is no time to wait on people who let reasonable displays of anger discredit the truth being presented to them. This isn't a popularity contest where kumbaya consensus is the goal. It's someone risking his own ass to rip right through the lies. He gets angry, like I heard him on the radio at lunch today, upon learning about such things as sterilization-laced potatoes. Anyone in their right mind should be angry about that. Yet, you and others fault him for being normal? I don't get your gripe at all.

Dude, do i have to spell it for you?

it is not about the validity of his message, it is not about the truth in his words, it IS about how he is perceived by the group he is targeting his message toward: the general public.
    Unfortunately his anger is all his detractors need in order to discredit him, then the general public says "oh yeah, conspiracy theory nutter, hes crazy", then turn on the TV and watch reality shows. Endgame.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

sterilization-laced potatoes.

Expound on this.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

sterilization-laced potatoes.

Expound on this.

I eat the fuck out of some potatoes and I knocked my girl up the day I got back into town, I call bullshit

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    I'm afraid I'm with NZ on this one - I really appreciate both guys, but their methods can hurt them a lot sometimes. Socrates is the model all people should take when trying to get a point across.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    Socrates is the model all people should take when trying to get a point across.

Ickes and Jones should really get going on the hemlock thing

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Some observations:

dude chages colour several times in the car, therefore is a chameleon: Harvey vindicated!

David Icke? Ex Coventry City reserve goalkeeper and BBC football presenter? Nutter.

But the real anger is reserved for the dude in the car, never ONCE checked his rear view mirror. Irresponsible, I call it.

David Icke? Ex Coventry City reserve goalkeeper and BBC football presenter? Nutter.

There it is.

Now, watch this:

That was quite moving.
    The music helped.

Music?

The point is, he comes across very well. He is articulate, he structures his arguments well, all in all, the man you see in this video is not a 'nutter'.

Then you click another youtube video and he starts about the lizards...

Music?

The point is, he comes across very well. He is articulate, he structures his arguments well, all in all, the man you see in this video is not a 'nutter'.

Then you click another youtube video and he starts about the lizards...

when I watched the vid you posted I got swathes of stirring orchestral music come through. It was most emotional.

But it is the case that often 'nutters' lull you into seeing what fine, normal, upstanding folks they are and then BLAM

btw I didn't find that he came across well in that vid, I could still sense the gleam of madness in his eye and voice, the innappropriate foolery with his hands.
    He STILL believes.... he just became adept at finding a way through ridicule.

and I still don't know what scat means

in that case, click here

NSFW!!!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

I think NSFW doesn't even begin to cover it.

Something to look forward to when I get home