HOW LARGE IS YOUR.....

2»

Comments

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    I have no idea....Probably close to a Terabyte if not more, and that's just on the Burned CD's / DVD's I can find right now plus my external.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I'm at 500 GB, but I'm strictly FLAC these days.

I don't really see why people so into FLAC it's pretty impossible to tell the difference between a decent MP3 rip and a FLAC and MP3s smaller.

But if space isn't an option its cool I s'pose, I just don't feel the need in buying extra hard drives to rip stuff lossless when my ears can't tell the difference.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I'm at 500 GB, but I'm strictly FLAC these days.

I don't really see why people so into FLAC it's pretty impossible to tell the difference between a decent MP3 rip and a FLAC and MP3s smaller.

But if space isn't an option its cool I s'pose, I just don't feel the need in buying extra hard drives to rip stuff lossless when my ears can't tell the difference.

There is a difference. The truth is out there. Keep listening.

FLAC ME BABY

h

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    zero

but i would like to download a bunch of good mixtapes if i knew how

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    im up to 80 gig. I really need to sort everything that is microwave worthy and everything else is not. I don't really like keepin anything below 192 either.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    For the FLAC people, they have the 1st 2 DJ Quik albums on torrents for download.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Mp3 collection.

I just hit 50 Gigs.

The existence of this thread means it'll only be amatter of tiem before soulstrut will be dubbed an MP3 digging community.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Never that son. Someone explain to me why FLAC is so good? I can't tell the difference either. No dis just curious

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

I wish I could put them all on a single hard drive that I could have playing at random over speakers placed all over my house. That would be awesome.

This is basically the set up I have in my house. Only shit is that sometimes songs you don't necessarily want to share with the world are left blazing out until you can be bothered to go change it.

Think I have about 100GB though, like my records themselves, it's in serious need of some relabelling and culling.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i only have about 25 lps on mp3. no other stuff.

• DJ_ZestDJ_Zest 252 Posts
    About 320GBs, around 64,000 songs!

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    80 gb and i don't listen to most of them

• LuckLoopLuckLoop 103 Posts
    atm im recording my vinyl collection to my computer. i keep it as wavs and only convert to mp3 for my portable player.
    need a bigger one though

stopped downloading mp3s a few years ago because i hardly ever listen to the stuff, i still have 30 GB or so though

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    For those interested, there's a TON of Aretha on torrents, FLAC Stylee.

• magromanmagroman 88 Posts
    201 crates!