anyone here have annoying health problems?

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
i don't want to poke and prod but sometimes i cant stand the human body.2 things that have been affecting me for god knows how long are acid reflux and post nasal drip. after some research i have figured out one usually exists because of the other.it is annoying. constant indigestion and phlegm that feel like its wedged in between my throat and nose in a inconvenient location where it is impossible to expel besides for swallowing it...anyone have leg pain? allergies? post nasal drip?non life threatening bullshit medical problems...health strut

Comments

• VeeEightVeeEight 325 Posts
    definitely man for the last one and a half years I've had terrible health problems at every moment of every day. Eczema, allergies, nasal congestion, and stomach problems. I've had so many different tests, medicines, and one surgery over the past couple of years. I even took a few months off school/work to rest and try to figure out what's wrong. Annoying is definitely the key word here.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I have a bruised heel. That shit sucks.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Sleep apnea. I was tested for it recently but my insurance doesn't cover the CPAP. I started working out a lot recently and I sleep a lot better as a result but if I go more than 2 days without working out it's a problem. I basically have to exhaust my body to get any sleep.

• Psoriasis is a mother. On my head and, yeah...

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i have a mild case of the chubs

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I had acid reflux, but changing my diet and stress level has virtually gotten rid of it.

Now I'm having prostate problems. That's kinda scary for a thirty something. I'm waiting to get a prostate cancer test.

Other than that I'm good.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

My left knee is officially starting to suffer from being old. I ran full court 5 on 5 bball last week for the first time in a few years, with a bunch of college kids even. I work out reasonably often, so I didn't have much trouble keeping up with them, and took those little punks to the hole a few times too. But for about 3 days after my left knee was killing me. Felt like it could give out. I think it was all the lateral movement (and my ankle breaking crossover) that my knees are just not used to lately. It really sucks, because it was incredibly fun and I want to play more often now. Would a knee brace help? I know I need to step up my leg weight-lifting routine. Anybody else with knee problems?

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts

My left knee is officially starting to suffer from being old. I ran full court 5 on 5 bball last week for the first time in a few years, with a bunch of college kids even. I work out reasonably often, so I didn't have much trouble keeping up with them, and took those little punks to the hole a few times too. But for about 3 days after my left knee was killing me. Felt like it could give out. I think it was all the lateral movement (and my ankle breaking crossover) that my knees are just not used to lately. It really sucks, because it was incredibly fun and I want to play more often now. Would a knee brace help? I know I need to step up my leg weight-lifting routine. Anybody else with knee problems?

Being into snow sports and bike riding I know some people with knee problems and knee replacements, all I could suggest is to work out your legs like crazy, all sorts of different sports (bike riding, walking, telemarking, squats with weights) especially changing up your activities to hit each set of muscles.

And swimming is good too.

• started eating beef again... been sleepy throughout the day because of it i believe.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

constant indigestion and phlegm that feel like its wedged in between my throat and nose in a inconvenient location where it is impossible to expel besides for swallowing it...

do you eat a lot of wheat products? in some people, that causes the problems you've mentioned.

• VeeEightVeeEight 325 Posts

constant indigestion and phlegm that feel like its wedged in between my throat and nose in a inconvenient location where it is impossible to expel besides for swallowing it...

do you eat a lot of wheat products? in some people, that causes the problems you've mentioned.

Dairy products are also a major cause of these things.

Different things work for different people - I've noticed drinking a glass of cranberry juice or a glass/bottle of beer helps to reduce phlegm. The cranberry juice doesn't have any added sucrose and I usually try to drink organic beer and keep it to only one bottle

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    Man I got these black dots in my vision... it makes it hard for me to concentrate. Also I've been getting dizzy lately... like for the last year... just always kinda dizzy.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    Man I got these black dots in my vision... it makes it hard for me to concentrate. Also I've been getting dizzy lately... like for the last year... just always kinda dizzy.
    you might want to get that checked out. Could be blood pressure, blood sugar, or a bunch of other things.

My biggest problem now is my right foot. I rocked the same pair of sneakers for a long ass time till they were real jacked. I went out and got some cross trainers to work out with and I think being in the same beat up sneakers for so long my bones in my foot sort of settled into that. Now my foot hurts constantly even when I wear different shoes. If i do a lot of running around the next day I can hardly walk. Its terrible. I also just moved to NY and am working in Manhattan so shit is killing me all the time. I eat a shit load of ibuprofen during the day just so I can do my job and get around without limping. I just currently dont have any health insurance so Im really not trying to see a podiatrist and get xrays and all that expensive business. Other then that Im aight.

• young_creamyoung_cream 540 Posts
    OCD....heavy

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    I've got Rheumatoid Arthrits..and it sucks.

• planlessplanless 819 Posts
    hay fever

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    are men the new women??? harden the fuck up people!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    rename: "The Whining Thread"

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    My balls have been itching all day. No idea why.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    are men the new women??? harden the fuck up people!

OK, coach.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    I've developed an allergy over the last couple years where when the humidity changes drastically, my lungs don't work as well. It's not asthma, per se, but just a slight tightening. I only notice it when I wake up in the morning because I end up getting slightly less oxygen when I sleep and end up poorly rested. It used to just happen twice a year and fall became winter and winter became spring, but the weather in Chicago this Spring has been like a fuckin yo-yo, so you can imagine how it's been.

• are men the new women??? harden the fuck up people!

OK, coach.

• autoauto 198 Posts
    jammed my finger playin basketball like a month ago and it's still not at 100%

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I fart at inconvenient times.